Mult-part cards?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
What exactly do you do with multi part cards? do you have to include both of them in your deck? question arrose from the Bound//Determined card
Not sure what you mean. Those cards are printed as a single card--you can't have one in your deck and not the other without cutting the card in half, which would probably render it illegal in most tournaments!
A "split card" is a single card. The entire card, including both halves, goes in your deck. Whenever you cast a split card, you choose one half and cast that one half (the other half is treated as though it didn't exist).

See the Split Cards FAQ.
Bound
I'm not sure I understand the question.

It is just one card, you can't include just half of it.

When you cast the spell, you choose which side you are playing.
Does that answer the question?
MTG Rules Advisor
is the entire multipart card the same size of a normal card, will it make one of the sides hang from the deck, or does each face of the card printed with one of the spells?

basically will my opponent/s be able to know what card it is just by seeing it face down?
is the entire multipart card the same size of a normal card, will it make one of the sides hang from the deck, or does each face of the card printed with one of the spells?

Its the same size as a normal card with a standard magic backing(it wouldn't be legal for tournament play otherwise). Both 'sides' of the card and squeezed onto the standard card frame.
Level 3 Magic Judge "To face death, that's nothing much. But to feel really stupid when you die, well, that would be insufferable." -Nafai, The Ships of Earth
thanks for the hasty help all of you
Sign In to post comments