simple question regarding the stack

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
my opponent has out a kami of false hope and plays a shirei, shizo's caretaker. before the caretaker spell resolves, i cast a lightning bolf targeting the kami. my understanding is that the kami would die and go to the graveyard before the caretaker came into play. so the caretakers ability would never trigger and the kami would not return at the end of his turn.
is this correct? please explain, thanks so much
Yes.

Shirei has a Triggered ability that triggers when the Creature is put into the Graveyard, and creates a delayed-triggered ability that triggers in the End of Turn step to return said Card to play.

If Shirei wasn't in play to begin with, then it couldn't have triggered.
Thus, no delayed-triggered ability is created; There's nothing to return the Card to play.
my opponent has out a kami of false hope and plays a shirei, shizo's caretaker. before the caretaker spell resolves, i cast a lightning bolf targeting the kami. my understanding is that the kami would die and go to the graveyard before the caretaker came into play. so the caretakers ability would never trigger and the kami would not return at the end of his turn.
is this correct? please explain, thanks so much

Yes - Shirei's ability can only trigger if it's in play and it's conditions are met - and it's not in play when the Kami dies.