Lightning Greaves Question

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
If I equip Lightning Greaves(equipped creature has haste and cant be the target of spells or abilities) can I equip other cards to the same creature before the Greaves, like Cranial Plating? The Cranial Plating would remain equipped, correct?
The only time Equipment Target the Creature is when you play the Equip ability.

If the Creature gains Shroud AFTER the Equip ability resolves, it will not affect the Equipment already attached to the Creature.
Thank you very much, although the person I am playing with is not convinced. :\
Maybe it'll help to point out that if giving something shroud caused Equipment to fall off that something, then equipping something with Lightning Greaves would cause Lightning Greaves itself to fall off that something - which would make the fact that Lightning Greaves also grants haste pretty pointless.
This is one key difference between shroud and protection. If something has shroud, it can't be targeted. If something has "protection from Foo", it likewise can't be targeted by Foo spells and abilities from Foo sources...but it also can't have Foo Auras, Equipment, and Fortifications attached to it in addition to not being a legal target for their respective spells or abilities since this is specifically another aspect of protection.

Thus, if an equipped creature suddenly acquires protection from artifacts, its equipment will find itself attached to an illegal permanent the next time state-based effects are checked and promptly become unattached. But if the creature instead picks up shroud, the equipment stays attached just fine since just being attached to something doesn't target.
Maybe it'll help to point out that if giving something shroud caused Equipment to fall off that something, then equipping something with Lightning Greaves would cause Lightning Greaves itself to fall off that something - which would make the fact that Lightning Greaves also grants haste pretty pointless.

You can also ask your friend what the point of Robe of Mirrors would be if s/he's correct, or how Veil of Secrecy doesn't counter itself due to illegal targets in some strange way.
When you ask a rules question, please autocard. Type [c]Doom Blade[/c] to get Doom Blade.
What Color Am I?
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
I was taught to play magic by the fellas at my local card shop(now gone, only one in the city) and a few of the rules I picked up were not quite the same as the actual rules. So a few things came up where I was wrong once or twice and now that person second guesses everything I do, even though 90% of the things I do are correct.

He's a bit of a sore loser.