How to play Terramorphic Expanse.

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have a question regarding Terramorphic Expanse.

The text of this card says "Sacrifice Terramorphic Expanse" not "Discard Terramorphic Expanse". Does "Sacrifice" mean simply tapping the card since it does not explicilty say to "discard" the card to the graveyard?

In this case, can this card be used each turn to gain a land card assuming that the manna cost is paid?
To "Sacrifice" something you control means to move it from the in-play zone to the graveyard. (You can't sacrifice things you don't control.) If it only meant to tap the card, it would say that.

Also, [thread=419536]Autocarding[/thread] is easier.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

Do you know what "Sacrifice" and "Discard" really mean?

To "Sacrifice" a Permanent, you move it from the In Play zone to its owners Graveyard.

To "Discard" a Card, you move it from your Hand to your Graveyard.
So, practically speaking, this card has no function other than to be sacrificed for a land. Is this correct?

Also, what makes this a land card? Can it be tapped for mana?

Thanks.
this card has no function other than to be sacrificed for a land. Is this correct?

It has no other abilities.
Also, what makes this a land card?

It's a Land because it says the word "Land" in the Card's Type line.
Can it be tapped for mana?

It has no Mana abilities. So, it can not be tapped for Mana, unless you find a way to give it a Mana ability.
It says "Land" in its typeline
Accidents happen on purpose I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
Also, what makes this a land card?

The fact that it says "Land" in its type line.

Can it be tapped for mana?

Only if you find some way to give it a mana ability. (A mana ability--broadly speaking--is an ability that produces mana.)

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

In general the card's use is to find the land you need - but that's discussion for a different forum

This is the heart of what I was looking for aside from the actual mechanics.

Thank you.