Two Headed Giant and Poison counters

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
How does poison counters work with two headed giant? Do I only need to dish out 10 to win, or is it more?
Not too certain about this, but when you assign damage in Two Headed Giant you choose which player takes the damage. In this case, that player would get the poison counter, so in the future you would have to choose to assign damage to that same player and once that player has 10 counters, their team loses.

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong)
Not too certain about this, but when you assign damage in Two Headed Giant you choose which player takes the damage. In this case, that player would get the poison counter, so in the future you would have to choose to assign damage to that same player and once that player has 10 counters, their team loses.

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Well, that's a problem because the the players take damage as a team. But I would have to agree with you. Either one player would get the counters or both players would be said to get the counters.

Either way, once one of the players (or both) get 10 poison counters, the team loses the game. (they should probably write this in the rules somewhere)
Can you smell what the Rhox is cookin?
606.7d. As the combat damage step begins, the active team announces how each attacking creature will assign its combat damage. If an attacking creature would assign combat damage to the defending team, the active team chooses only one of the defending players for that creature to assign its combat damage to. Then the defending team announces how each blocking creature will assign its combat damage.

A creature with Poisonous N will assign its combat damage to one of the defending players. When either of those players has accumulated ten or more poison counters, that team loses.
Well, that's a problem because the the players take damage as a team.

This is not quite correct. The damage is assigned to one player. When the damage is dealt, it reduces the shared life total of that player's team, but the damage is still considered to have been dealt to that one player.

Either way, once one of the players (or both) get 10 poison counters, the team loses the game. (they should probably write this in the rules somewhere)

They have:

[indent]
420.5h A player with ten or more poison counters loses the game.

606.8. The Two-Headed Giant variant uses the normal rules for winning or losing the game (see rule 102), with the following additions.

606.8b Players win and lose the game only as a team, not as individuals. If either player on a team loses the game, the team loses the game. If either player on a team wins the game, the entire team wins the game. If an effect would prevent a player from winning the game, that player's team can't win the game. If an effect would prevent a player from losing the game, that player's team can't lose the game.
[/indent]
DCI Level 2 Judge Please use autocard when you ask a question about specific cards: [c]Serra Angel[/c] -> Serra Angel
I'll answer in case you're playing on MTGO. (MTGO two headed giant doesn't follow the rules)

On MTGO, each player accumulates poison counters separately. If one player gets to 10, they lose the game and the remaining player keeps playing by themselves.
Sign In to post comments