Planeswalker count as creature or spell?

24 posts / 0 new
Last post
Let's say I want to counter spell a planeswalker with either negate or remove soul which one would be usable against a planeswalker?
Negate, Planeswalkers aren't creatures.
Planeswalkers are spells?
So confused, when you're lost in the groove...
Ive just thought of the best use for violent ultimatum.

Opponent: Ha i have elspeth, tezzeret and ajani.
Me: ultimatum, splat.

but ignore this im just lonely .
Planeswalkers are spells?

While on the stack, yes. Every card except lands are spells while on the stack, and lands don't go on the stack at all.
While on the stack, yes. Every card except lands are spells while on the stack, and lands don't go on the stack at all.

Ok thanks!:D
So confused, when you're lost in the groove...

note Dryad Arbor is both a creature and land but since it is part land it does not use the stack.

well, every card is a spell on the stack. there's just no way to put a land there.

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

well, every card is a spell on the stack. there's just no way to put a land there.

IMAGE(http://mtgsquicken.info/images/lands_hnw0.jpg)

Not only is there a land on the stack, the entire stack is made of lands.
And the land stack is in the wrong order.
Learn about autocard here ==> [*c]Lightning Bolt[/*c] Remove "*" and you get Lightning Bolt. IMAGE(http://internetometer.com/image/27264.png) Keep extended alive for future generations so they dont have to sell out for modern. "If there is such a thing as too much power, I have not discovered it." —Volrath
This is one of the reasons I believe planeswalkers shouldn't have been printed, tbh; people are still wondering what they do.
I am better than you. http://www.kherkeep.com/ - Better than any forum you post on.
This is one of the reasons I believe planeswalkers shouldn't have been printed, tbh; people are still wondering what they do.

Yeah, but people are still wondering what auras do...
^ Fo' serious, bruv?
I am better than you. http://www.kherkeep.com/ - Better than any forum you post on.
^ Fo' serious, bruv?

Quite indubitably my dear fellow!
Does the word planeswalker include creature? If not, the answer to your question is, while on the stack, a spell. Then again, creatures on the stack are spells too.
Confusion for the win!
Come check out my friend's youtube channel where he gives bad movies what's coming to them!
You Make the Card
Best Contest Holder 2010 YMtC Idol 9 4th Place
Mafia History
Friendliest Player 2010 Werewolves Invade YMtC!: Town-aligned Rotworm Mass, Survived, Mafia Victory Heroes Mafia: Angela Petrelli, Town-Aligned Undercover Revengeful Mother, Win for Me, Mafia Victory Super Smash Bros. Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Survived, Town Victory Bear Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Lynched Day 1, Mafia Victory YMtC Mafia II: Henry-Stern, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Town Victory, Town MVP Time Fracture Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Nero, the Last Romulan, Lynched Day 3, Borg Victory Touhou Mafia III: Tenshi Hinani, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Mafia 2010: Lynched Day 1, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Dragonball Z Mafia: Goku, Town-Aligned Charismatic Townie, Mafia Victory Quarantined Mafia: Lynched Day 4, J. Walter Weatherman, Infected-Aligned Administrative Assistant, Mr. T (so basically mafia) Victory Glass Box Mafia: Killed Night 2, Icthys, Town-Aligned Networker, Town Victory Battle Royale Mafia: Killed Night 3, Zipperflesh and Dark Stryke Victory Scars of Mirrodin Mafia: Killed Night 3, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Mafia Victory Portal Mafia: Lynched Day 3, Test Subject #2, Mafia-Aligned Rolestopper, Town Victory (that was utter BS) Toxic Waste Mafia: Survived, Violet, Hive (Cult)-Aligned Powerless Taskmaster, Hive Victory PK Hatez You Mafia: Survived, Town-Aligned Goth, Mafia Victory Dreven City: A Wild West Mafia: Town-Aligned "Los Angeles" Reed, One-Shot Vig, Survived, Town Victory (just barely, major props to Just a Cleric) YMtC Mafia III: Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Vampire Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Pander, Mafia Victory Touhou Border Collapse: Bill Cosby, Town-Aligned, Killed Night 1, Mafia Victory Harry Potter Mafia: Argus Filch, Town-Aligned Tracker, Lynched Day 5, Mafia Victory [Basic #5] Bandit Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Borderlands Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory eBay Mafia: Mafia-Aligned, Survived, Mafia Victory Full Metal Alchemist Mafia: Alphonse Elric, Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory Sunflowers for Ragnarokio: Lynched Day 3, Town/Just a Cleric/Tevish Szat/Faux-Razor Victory True Blood Mafia: Lynched Day 4, Mafia Victory My Mafia Diary: Skyhunter, Mafia-Aligned Emo, Survived, Flawless Mafia Victory Paper Mario Mafia: Blue Goomba, Town-Aligned Lover, Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Small Town Mafia: Pigsticker Mafia-Aligned Coward, Killed Night 2, Caveman Mafia and Zipperflesh Victory Stuff on my Desk Mafia: Lotus Cobra, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Order of the Chaos Rose Mafia: Lord Dagol Ji'Lovik, Town-Aligned Hypnotist, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Camp Crystal Lake Mafia: Ongoing A Certain Magical Mafia: Killed Night 1, Town-Aligned The Siege of Balignor Mafia: Ongoing, Killed Day 4 Mafia of Ancient Egypt: Replaced in for Murica day 2, Ra, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Town Victory, Town MVP Lord of the Rings Mafia: Replaced in for Dr Demento, Town-Aligned Mason/One-Shot Self-Doc, Town Victory, Town MVP Internet Stars Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Mythos Mafia: Ongoing

even a decade after its inception, type 2 is still causing problems. let's get rid of it.

even a decade after its inception, type 2 is still causing problems. let's get rid of it.

Sad thing is, I wouldn't disagree with T2 being discontinued.
Yeah, but people are still wondering what auras do...

I support getting rid of auras, nothing wrong with Enchant , they just put an extra line in the text box and some imaginary elegance somewhere in the comprehensive rules that nobody cares about.
I support getting rid of auras, nothing wrong with Enchant , they just put an extra line in the text box and some imaginary elegance somewhere in the comprehensive rules that nobody cares about.

it's really an issue of having "creature" as a type without being able to terror it.

it's really an issue of having "creature" as a type without being able to terror it.

We are not computers reading code... I think every human being* can agree that having a space in "enchant creature" doesn't automatically make it two different card types.

*Just shoot everyone who doesn't, they're clearly too **** to live
We are not computers reading code... I think every human being* can agree that having a space in "enchant creature" doesn't automatically make it two different card types.

*Just shoot everyone who doesn't, they're clearly too **** to live

yes, but not all of them can get that they're enchantments as well.

All cards in Magic have a type line in the form [supertypes] card types [- subtypes]. It's just plain messy to have Auras be the sole exception, in that they do list card type it doesn't have and don't list a card type they do have. And, given that "local enchantments" were a subset of enchantments, it makes sense for them to have an actual subtype, Aura.

Also, "enchant creature" isn't a description of the card is; it's a description of what the card does. It's very awkward to use an action like "enchant [something]" as a noun, and it leads to the absurd Legendary Enchant Land.

Also, there were already quite a few enchantments that had extra restrictions on what they could enchant. Enchant creature with converted mana cost 2 or less wouldn't be able to fit on the type line, so they had to put it in the text box. It's better to have all the enchant restrictions consistently be in the same place.
In future, please remember that rules questions are best placed in the [forum=154]Rules Q&A[/forum] forum; they'll receive better answers than you would get elsewhere, and you'll usually get them faster to boot. I'm going to request that this thread get moved to Rules Q&A now.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

Sign In to post comments