Lifelink

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
If i attack with a 5/5 lifelink and my opponent blocks with a 1/1 i still gain 5 life correct?

My opponent claims that since his creature can only take one hit point, that I can only gain one life?

Clarifiction please
You gain 5 life. Sources of damage in Magic never "pull their punches." The creature has 5 power so it deals 5 damage.
If i attack with a 5/5 lifelink and my opponent blocks with a 1/1 i still gain 5 life correct?

My opponent claims that since his creature can only take one hit point, that I can only gain one life?

Clarifiction please

310.2a Each attacking creature and each blocking creature will assign combat damage equal to its power. Creatures that would assign 0 or less damage this way don't assign combat damage at all.

Your attacking creature has a power of 5, it assigns 5 combat damage, it deals 5 combat damage, its lifelink triggers to give you 5 life. Which part of this progression does your opponent need explained? (And what game does "can only take one hit point" come from?)

No, I am not a judge. That's why I like to quote sources such as the rules that trump judges.

Sign In to post comments