about paying costs

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
lets say i have a Knollspine Invocation in play, then i paid the cost 3 generic and discarded a converted mana cost 3 card. My friend responds by casting Boomerang on the enchantment. does my 3 damage from knollspine still go through even if the enchantment is gone? What if he casts Disenchant and not boomerang?

another one: What will happen if: i have a mogg fanatic in play, then i sacrifice it to deal 1 damage to my friend, my friend responds by playing Boomerang ? or Shock ?
lets say i have a Knollspine Invocation in play, then i paid the cost 3 generic and discarded a converted mana cost 3 card. My friend responds by casting Boomerang on the enchantment. does my 3 damage from knollspine still go through even if the enchantment is gone? What if he casts Disenchant and not boomerang?

The damage will still be dealt. Once activated, the ability continues to exist without regard to what may happen to its source. The source leaving play in no way stops the ability from resolving.
another one: What will happen if: i have a mogg fanatic in play, then i sacrifice it to deal 1 damage to my friend, my friend responds by playing Boomerang ? or Shock ?

Your friend backs up because that was an illegal play. You sacrificed the Fanatic as a cost to play the ability, which means it is no longer in play by the time your opponent gets the chance to play his or her ability.
Sign In to post comments