Painter paints paint but not on the field?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey.

I have the following card on the field Painter's servant and have it set to then try to play pyroblast On my opponents equipment.

He then says this is impossible because the painter says 'cards that arent in play'.

I would like to be told who is right and who is incorrect. As clearly as possible.

thanks in advance

Edit: Pyroblast. ofcourse not hyrdo
It does say "cards that aren't in play". It also says "and permanents". Since the effect clearly states that it applies to permanents, his equipment is indeed blue. Since it is blue, it is a legal target for Pyroblast.
Well, good luck destroying blue things with Hydroblast, but the answer you are looking for is that the Servant paints everything. Cards in Hand, Graveyard, Library and RFG, Spells on the Stack, and Permanents in Play.

Aww, you changed it...Yes Pyroblast works against blue things and all things are blue with a blue Servant.
ΦΦΦΦΦ
if u have it set to , then the equipment is blue, not red, therefore the spell just fizzles. although if u lay Painter's Servant and say , the Hydroblast will be able to counter any spell and destroy any permanent. i hope this will help u settle the arguement.
I have the following card on the field Painter's servant and have it set to then try to play hyrdoblast On my opponents equipment.
He then says this is impossible because the painter says 'cards that arent in play'.
I would like to be told who is right and who is incorrect. As clearly as possible.

First of all, you have Painter's Servant set to "blue", not .
Second, Painter's Servant makes all permanents (i.e. all cards that are in play), spells, and all cards that aren't in play "blue" in addition to any other colors they might have.
Equipments will most likely be colorless by themselves, so they will be only "blue" in your scenario. Therefore, Hydroblast won't do anything to them, since they are not red.

DCI Lvl 2 Judge

Good grief, I make 1 error which i edit out so fast it doesnt even make my post give a time on when i did it and everybody yells at me for it

Still It helped settle the argument. Course simply a grasp on the English language would have avoided the argument all together. This is the second time now this happened, first time i tried to explain it myself thinking it would be 'obvious' and was called a noob and to read the card again^^

Anyhow thanks for the quick feedback everyone.