Summoners Egg question

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cost 4 colorless
Artifact creature
Imprint-When Summoner's Egg comes into play, you may remove a card in your hand from the game face down.

When Summoner's Egg is put into graveuard from play, turn the imprinted face-down card face up. If that card is a creature card, put it into play under your control.

What if I imprint a card that is a creature, but then my opponent uses a spell to return my summoner's Egg to my hand. Does my previous imprined card stay out of the game for good? I'm assuming that if I re-play my Summoner's Egg again, I would need to imprint another card.
Correct and correct. When a card changes zones, it forgets all about its previous experience. The imprinted card remains where it is, but nothing refers to it any longer, not even if you replay the Summoner's Egg.
Cost 4 colorless
Artifact creature
Imprint-When Summoner's Egg comes into play, you may remove a card in your hand from the game face down.

When Summoner's Egg is put into graveuard from play, turn the imprinted face-down card face up. If that card is a creature card, put it into play under your control.

What if I imprint a card that is a creature, but then my opponent uses a spell to return my summoner's Egg to my hand. Does my previous imprined card stay out of the game for good? I'm assuming that if I re-play my Summoner's Egg again, I would need to imprint another card.

Yes - the first card stays removed. If you play the egg again, it won't know anything about any card except for the one you imprint when you play it.
The card would stay removed from the game. If another Summoner's Egg came into play, even if it's represented by the same card, it would be an entirely new object that doesn't have that card imprinted. The comes-into-play ability would trigger, though, and would let you imprint a new card.
What if the second I play Summoner's Egg and I imprint the card I want to use, but I manage to somehow put the Summoner's egg into my graveyard, but then my oppent tries to play an instant spell that put the Egg back into my hand. What effect happends first? Does my Egg die or does it return back to my hand?
What if the second I play Summoner's Egg and I imprint the card I want to use, but I manage to somehow put the Summoner's egg into my graveyard, but then my oppent tries to play an instant spell that put the Egg back into my hand. What effect happends first? Does my Egg die or does it return back to my hand?

Your phrasing is unclear. Magic is not a game of seconds. There is a system of priority, not who says things fastest.

The imprint on Summoner's Egg is a triggered ability. You do not imprint a card on the Egg until the triggered ability resolves. If the Egg has left play before that happens, imprinting a card on it will cause that card to be forever left in the removed from game zone.

Let's assume that the imprint ability has resolved. If you do get the Egg into the graveyard, there is no Egg for your opponent to attempt to return to your hand. We would need to know the precise card you are attempting to use to put your Egg into your graveyard to confirm though. If it is something that puts the Egg into the graveyard on resolution, the bounce spell will bounce the Egg. If it is something that puts the Egg into the graveyard as a cost, then the Egg is in the graveyard and triggered before anyone can respond.
When a summoner's Egg is destroyed and the creature imprinted comes into play does it still have summoning sickness?
Yes. A creature is affected by "summoning sickness" no matter how it gets into play, unless it has Haste.