Enchanted Evening + Lurking Jackal

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Suppose a player has Lurking Jackals in play, while Enchanted Evening is also in play. If the opponent has 10 life or less, the conditions for Lurking Jackals' triggered ability are met. So it turns into a creature, which, because of Enchanted Evening's static ability, is also an enchantment.

Does Lurking Jackals' ability trigger repeatedly? If so, how exactly is the timing of this repetition.

If neither player has a way of removing either card from play, would this be an infinite loop resulting in a tie?
No infinite loop here.

When Jackals turns into creature, it ceases to be an enchantment.
If later Evening turns it into an enchantment/creature, Jackals will trigger once and revert to a creature-only permanent.

Tax evasion is nothing but legitimate self-defense against the theft that is tax collection.

No infinite loop here.

When Jackals turns into creature, it ceases to be an enchantment.
If later Evening turns it into an enchantment/creature, Jackals will trigger once and revert to a creature-only permanent.

I asked a judge a similar question.

I control Enchanted Evening, Celestial Crusader, and a 4/5 Opal Guardian enchantment creature. What does Opal Guardian become when my opponent plays a creature spell?

He wrote,
A 4/5 Opal Guardian enchantment creature with flying and protection from red. Basically nothing will change.

Enchanted Evening will apply then Luring Jackal will trigger and that ability will overwrite the effects of Enchanted Evening leaving the Luring Jackal as a creature only. The timestamp order of those two abilities is relevent.
Ok, got it. Thanks all for the quick replies!
Sign In to post comments