Mulldrifter + Blink

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
My opponent evokes Mulldrifter and then Momentary Blinks it. He says that he draws four cards, but I naturally disagree, who's right?
Why wouldn't he draw 4? He draws 2 when he evokes it into play and draws 2 more when it comes back into play from blink.
it will also remain in play if he blinks it
Keep in mind, the Evoke sacrifice is a Triggered ability that does use the Stack and can be responded to.

Thus, they can respond to the Evoke triggered ability by Playing Blink.
The Drifter will be RFG'ed, and Come-into-Play again as a brand-new permanent; Triggering the CiP ability a second time.

Since the Drifter that Blink put into play is a brand-new permanent, it has no ties to the Evoke triggered ability.
Thus, when the Evoke trigger resolves, they'll try to sacrifice the Drifter that no longer exists. So they will sacrifice nothing.
Likewise, many players use Momentary Blink with other Evoke creatures to nasty effect.

Shriekmaw is particularly nasty.
Faultgrinder and Mournwhelk are equally nasty.

I have a whole deck built around Evoke Elementals, Momentary Blink and Incandescent Soulstoke with a few Changeling Champions tossed in for good measure.

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Likewise, many players use Momentary Blink with other Evoke creatures to nasty effect.

Shriekmaw is particularly nasty.
Faultgrinder and Mournwhelk are equally nasty.

I have a whole deck built around Evoke Elementals, Momentary Blink and Incandescent Soulstoke with a few Changeling Champions tossed in for good measure.

Don't post non-rules stuff in the rules forum.