Lotus Bloom under Spinerock...

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
i just wanted to know if you were able to play a lotus bloom from under a Spinerock Knoll once you do the 7 damage. I have a dragonstorm deck and was just wondering if this is legal.
Yeah, that's perfectly fine.

The only reason you normally can't play the costless suspend cards is that you can't get around the "a nonexistant mana cost can't be paid" rule. Since the Knoll lets you play it without paying its mana cost, it's perfectly fine.
i just wanted to know if you were able to play a lotus bloom from under a Spinerock Knoll once you do the 7 damage. I have a dragonstorm deck and was just wondering if this is legal.

autocard helps:
[noparse]Spinerock Knoll[/noparse]
Spinerock Knoll

Yes, you can play Lotus Bloom with the Rock's ability.
Yes.

You are playing the Spell via an alternative cost that does not include a nonexistent cost.

Yes. When you get to play something without paying its mana cost, the fact that it has no mana cost to pay becomes irrelevant. (If this wasn't true, you couldn't play Lotus Bloom by Suspending it either!)
Jeff Heikkinen DCI Rules Advisor since Dec 25, 2011
Sign In to post comments