Ashling + Vigor Question...

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Alright my friend runs an Ashling deck that bases itself on Vigor and Purity. Let's say there are 2 Vigors in play, do they stack? He says yes, however I believe that they do not because Vigor says:

" If damage would be dealt to creature other than Vigor, prevent that damage."

A card that mentions itself by its name, affects other cards? Thanks in advance! ~
Alright my friend runs an Ashling deck that bases itself on Vigor and Purity. Let's say there are 2 Vigors in play, do they stack? He says yes, however I believe that they do not because Vigor says:

" If damage would be dealt to creature other than Vigor, prevent that damage."

A card that mentions itself by its name, affects other cards? Thanks in advance! ~

They aren't cumulative. If one of his creatures other than the two Vigors would take damage, the affected player chooses which prevention effect to apply first, then the second one has nothing to apply to since the damage will already have been prevented.

I'm not sure what you mean by your last question, since Vigor would be pretty useless if it didn't affect other cards.

The only difference it makes to have two Vigors in play instead of one (apart from having a second gigantic creature to beat down with) is that they will protect each other, since a card that refers to itself by name means only itself, not other cards with the same name.
Jeff Heikkinen DCI Rules Advisor since Dec 25, 2011
Each Vigor will prevent the damage the other Vigor would be dealt.

However, for all other (nonVigor) Creatures, the damage that would be dealt to them will only be prevented by one the Vigors; They will not get 2x Counters.
Sign In to post comments