Sacrifice question

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Can a player sacrifice Skirk Prospector to gain 1 mana?

Also if he has a card that reduces all goblin spells by 1 mana does that apply to his mana abilities on cards like goblin seige commander.
Can a player sacrifice Skirk Prospector to gain 1 mana?

Sure, skirk prospector IS a goblin...

Also if he has a card that reduces all goblin spells by 1 mana does that apply to his mana abilities on cards like goblin seige commander.

No, abilities are not spells.
I understand but what if Skirk is the only goblin in play. My point is can you sacrifice it to use it's own ability?

Yes.

The cost is "sacrifice a goblin", not "sacrifice a goblin other than Skirk Prospector."

If you couldn't, it would say so.

Gerdef
Magic Judge Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Rules Theory and Templating: "They may be crazy, but they're good." --Matt Tabak, Rules Manager*

DarkSun answered your questions above, however I noticed you used the term "Mana Ability" referring to Siege-Gang Commander.

This is incorrect, SGC does not have a mana ability.

Mana abilities can be:
-Non-targetted activated ability that adds mana to your mana pool
-Non-targetted triggered ability that adds mana to your mana pool, and triggers off another mana ability
EDIT: Rather, they could add mana. Even if they end up not doing so, it's still a mana ability.

Gerdef
Magic Judge Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Rules Theory and Templating: "They may be crazy, but they're good." --Matt Tabak, Rules Manager*
I understand but what if Skirk is the only goblin in play. My point is can you sacrifice it to use it's own ability?

Yes, you can.
Mana abilities can be:
-Non-targetted activated ability that could adds mana to your mana pool
-Non-targetted triggered ability that could adds mana to your mana pool, that triggers off another mana ability

Fixed.

If there's no card Imprinted on Chrome Mox, or if it's Colorless, then it will not produce any Mana when you play its ability.
However, just because no Mana is produced does not mean that's not a Mana ability.