Prismatic Omen

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Do I understand the card correctly when I assume this works like a joiner adept? prismatic omen will allow your lands to tap for any color because they are every basic land type?

I have another question totally not related. If I have a coat of arms in play in a 2HG game does the card work for multiple creature types? I am playing slivers and my partner is playing elves with hivestone, will his elves get the bonus for elves and slivers or just slivers? I have heard both ways and am not sure.
Adding the Lands the Basic Lands Types, gives them the intrinsic ability to produce those Types of Mana.

Creatures will get +1/+1 for each other Creature that shares a Creature Type with it.
It does not matter how many Creature Types are shared.
Do I understand the card correctly when I assume this works like a joiner adept? prismatic omen will allow your lands to tap for any color because they are every basic land type?

That will be one of the end effects, yes.

I have another question totally not related. If I have a coat of arms in play in a 2HG game does the card work for multiple creature types? I am playing slivers and my partner is playing elves with hivestone, will his elves get the bonus for elves and slivers or just slivers? I have heard both ways and am not sure.

Coat of Arms does see all creatures, not just the ones you control. A Sliver Elf will get a bonus for every other creature which is a sliver and/or an elf.
I know coat of arms is global. It works for my opponents too but I have been told that you have to chose a creature type for the creature to get the bonus for. I hope you are right.
It works for my opponents too but I have been told that you have to chose a creature type for the creature to get the bonus for. I hope you are right.

There is NO 'choosing'.

A Creature that is an Elf and a Sliver WILL get +1/+1 for each other Creature that is either an Elf or a Sliver.

Keep in mind, it will NOT get +2/+2 for another Elf Sliver.
For Coat of Arms, just count up the number of other creatures that share a creature type for each of the creatures, that will be the bonus.

eg.

in play

1 Changeling
4 Slivers
2 Elf
1 Warrior Elf
1 Warrior
no hivestone

Changeling shares a creature type with all 8 other creatures it gets +8/+8
Each Sliver shares a type with the 3 other Slivers and the Changeling so each of the Slivers gets +4/+4
the Elfs each share with the other Elf, the Changeling and the Elf Warrior so each gets +3/+3
the Warrior Elf shares types with the Changeling, and the Warrior and the 2 Elfs, so it gets +4/+4
Finally, the Warrior shares a type with the Changeling and the Elf Warrior so it gets +2/+2

now, if hivestone is in play
all of your creatures are Slivers so they will share that type (possibly more, but the number of shared types doesn't matter, only that they share a type) and give +1/+1 for each other creature
so if you control 6 creatures they will all get +5/+5
(unless your opponent happens to have Slivers or Changelings of his own)

also there is a bit of difference technically between Joiner Adept and Prismatic Omen.
yes, all your lands will be able to tap for any colour of mana.
however, a Forest is still only a Forest with Joiner Adept
but it is a Forest Island Mountain Swamp Plains with Prismatic Omen

this may matter for cards like Nightmare

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out