Summoning Sickness (Noobish) question

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Yeah this will seem really noobish to most, I'm not sure with the ruling on the cards for summoning sickness. Firstly, relating to Sower of Temptation. The creature it takes over, does it have summoning sickness because its not the same instance of the creature that it was? (because I noticed in a lot of "take control of opponent's target creature" it says, and it gets haste until end of turn).

Secondly, relating to morph. When a creatures morph cost is paid and it is flipped over, does that creature get summoning sickness because its no the same instance of the creature, or is there a special ruling for morph?

Sorry for stupid questions, just came up in a game and wasn't too sure about it.
Yeah this will seem really noobish to most, I'm not sure with the ruling on the cards for summoning sickness. Firstly, relating to Sower of Temptation. The creature it takes over, does it have summoning sickness because its not the same instance of the creature that it was? (because I noticed in a lot of "take control of opponent's target creature" it says, and it gets haste until end of turn).

Change of control does cause a creature to have summoning sickness again. Which is one of the reasons the rules don't like calling it summoning sickness. A creature has summoning sickness if you have not controlled it continuously since the start of your turn.

Secondly, relating to morph. When a creatures morph cost is paid and it is flipped over, does that creature get summoning sickness because its no the same instance of the creature, or is there a special ruling for morph?

Sorry for stupid questions, just came up in a game and wasn't too sure about it.

Turning a face down creature face up does not give it summoning sickness. It's still the same creature, it just looks a little different. You have controlled that permanent continuously since the start of your turn (assuming that you have.)
You have not controlled the Creature since the beginning of your most recent turn, you can not Declare it as Attacking, or play its ability unless it has haste.

When turning a face-down Creature face-up, it is still the same Object, just with different characteristics.
If you did control the Creature since the beginning of your most recent turn, then you CAN Declare it as attacking or play its abilities.
Perfect, the misconception I had was that I was thinking of its current state and not as "controlling the permanent from the beginning of the turn." Thanks a lot, greatly appreciated =)