Countryside Crusher

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Recently in a casual duel with a friend, he had 4 Countryside Crushers in his deck and a number of non-basic lands. He believed that non-basic lands do not count on the effect of the Crusher and I told him that non-basics do. Am I right or is my friend right?
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Are you an intermediate player who needs to learn old abilities or have new abilities clarified? Come to Magical Mechanix, a show devoted to teaching beginning and intermediate players how to play more effectively. Have a show idea or a deck analyzed? Contact me!
A land is a land. If Countryside Crusher only cared about basic lands (for either ability), it would specifically say "basic land card".
Recently in a casual duel with a friend, he had 4 Countryside Crushers in his deck and a number of non-basic lands. He believed that non-basic lands do not count on the effect of the Crusher and I told him that non-basics do. Am I right or is my friend right?

Non-Basic Lands are still lands, and that's what the Crusher is interested in. You're right, your friend is wrong.
DCI Level 2 Judge Please use autocard when you ask a question about specific cards: [c]Serra Angel[/c] -> Serra Angel
The Crusher does not care if the Land is Basic or not, only that it IS a Land.
Countryside Crusher doesn't care if a land card is basic or not. That is, for both its abilities, all land cards are treated the same.
Also, if he has multiple Crushers in play, they all get the +1/+1 counters or does he specify which one gets the +1/+1?

FYI, he asked me on this. I wasn't sure.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Are you an intermediate player who needs to learn old abilities or have new abilities clarified? Come to Magical Mechanix, a show devoted to teaching beginning and intermediate players how to play more effectively. Have a show idea or a deck analyzed? Contact me!
They all get counters. Countryside Crusher's second ability is a triggered ability, so all the Crushers will trigger when the condition (land card to graveyard) is met.
Also, if he has multiple Crushers in play, they all get the +1/+1 counters or does he specify which one gets the +1/+1?

They all get a counter for each land that is put into your graveyard.
DCI Level 2 Judge Please use autocard when you ask a question about specific cards: [c]Serra Angel[/c] -> Serra Angel