Grimoire Thief

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have one question about this cards abilities.

It says "pay one blue mana, Sacrifice Grimoire Thief: Turn all cards removed from the game with Grimoire Theif face up. Counter all spells with those names."

my question is this. Does that "counter spell" effect last only for the phase the cards are flipped? The turn they're flipped? or is it permanent?

Just wanting to understand the full strength of this little doosy of a merfolk. Because, just the phase is not a bad skill, it lets you stop a spell the deck is probably based around. The turn, lets you stop multiple spells... but if it's a permanent effect, then DANG, this guy's a mean little fellow.
I have one question about this cards abilities.

It says "pay one blue mana, Sacrifice Grimoire Thief: Turn all cards removed from the game with Grimoire Theif face up. Counter all spells with those names."

my question is this. Does that "counter spell" effect last only for the phase the cards are flipped? The turn they're flipped? or is it permanent?

Just wanting to understand the full strength of this little doosy of a merfolk. Because, just the phase is not a bad skill, it lets you stop a spell the deck is probably based around. The turn, lets you stop multiple spells... but if it's a permanent effect, then DANG, this guy's a mean little fellow.

When you use the thief's ability it will only counter spells that are currently on the stack. It does not counter spells throughout the phase (or turn).
The countering of the Spells is a One-Shot effect.
When it resolves, ANY Spells currently on the Stack with the same name as the revealed Cards are countered.

It does not have any affect on Spells that are played after the ability has resolved.
thank you. Wanted to be sure about it, and when i said phase I meant the stack. (*smacks forehead for having a brainfart*)
Sign In to post comments