Primordial Sage's Triggered Ability

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Primoridal Sage.

Here's my main question: If I play a Shambling Shell, the Sage's triggered ability goes on the stack. I can then respond (before the triggered ability resolves) by sacrificing the Shell and putting a +1/+1 counter on a creature. I let the Shell's ability resolve, and then, when the Sage's ability resolves, I can dredge the Shell with the draw that I got from the Sage's ability. Right?
Fear Of The Dark, Fear Of The Dark, I Have A Constant Fear That Something's Always Near; Fear Of The Dark, Fear Of The Dark, I Have A Phobia That Someone's Always There- Iron Maiden Fear of the Dark shall be feared no longer! Let him be praised instead! (Many, many thanks for all your hard work!) - darkwarlock I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.
Check out my DnD blog! www.artificersintuition.blogspot.com
Primordial Sage; Spelling Counts!

No.
You can only play the Ability of the Shell while it's In Play, under your control.
The Shell is currently a Creature Spell, still on the Stack.
The problem is that the ability of the sage triggers after the spell is put on the stack. This it'll resolve before the spell, and therefor your scarab isn't in play and can't be sacrificed.