how to use Mirrorweave

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mirrorweave

how do i use this card ? does it turn all my creatures into a copy of another creature ?

can i target a opponents creature ?
As you play it, you select a "target nonlegendary creature". There is no other restriction on the target, so you can select a creature your opponent controls or a creature you control.

As it resolves, it makes every other creature into a copy of the targeted creature. This includes making your opponent's creatures into copies as well as your own.
You can target any creature that is a valid target. So you can target your opponents creature as long as it doesn't have shroud, or the one sided version, ala Troll Ascetic. The target must be valid when casting the spell, and it must be valid when the spell resolves. For example, you send 5 Pegasus tokens past your opponents army of non flying slivers. After your opponent does not assign blockers you cast Mirrorweave and target your opponent's Virulent Sliver for the win. In response to your spell, your opponent hits the sliver with a Shock and it no longer exists by the time your weave would resolve, and thus your spell fizzles, your tokens stay of the winged equine nature and you die to the crack back next turn.
so if you were to have your army of 0/1 tokens and a changeling in play,

then Mirrorweave the changeling, wait for it to resolve, drop a Boldwyr Intimidator, and attack with your unstoppable army of changelings.

You can target any creature that is a valid target.

Likewise, Protection from White (or Blue or Instants) would eliminate certain potential targets.

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

so if you were to have your army of 0/1 tokens and a changeling in play,

then Mirrorweave the changeling, wait for it to resolve, drop a Boldwyr Intimidator, and attack with your unstoppable army of changelings.

11 mana for a cool kill, but that would work, yes.