about legal cards

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
If I have a card like strip mine which is said to be banned in legacy and restricted in Vintage, I know I cannot use it or have only one in my deck. but it's said to be legal in Two-headed Giant. Does it mean that I can have four in my deck when I am playing 2H Giant ? and if it doesn't say anything about Classic MTG game. does it mean it is legal in classic too?
It's neither Banned nor Restricted in Classic...

However, keep in mind that there can only be a Total of 4 Strip Mine cards in the Total of all the Players of a 2HG deck.
For example, you can't have 4 and your teammate have 4.
Show
In constructed Two-Headed Giant formats, how may teams construct their decks?
[indent]Each team member’s deck must contain a minimum of sixty cards and follow the Unified Deck Construction Rules.[/indent]
What are the Unified Deck Construction Rules?
[indent]With the exception of basic land cards, a team’s combined decks may not contain more than four of any individual card, counted by its English card title.
[indent]Example: if one player is using four copies of the card Naturalize in a Two-Headed Giant Constructed event, no other player on that team may have a Naturalize in his or her deck.[/indent][/indent]
How are banned and/or restricted cards handled in Two-Headed Giant Tournaments?
[indent]Two-Headed Giant Tournaments use the same banned and restricted lists as individual tournaments. If a card is restricted in a particular format, the team may use no more than one copy of that card. No players may use cards that are banned in a particular format.

In addition, there may be cards that are only banned in Constructed Two-Headed Giant Tournaments. Refer to the Magic Floor Rules for the list of these cards.[/indent]
If I have a card like strip mine which is said to be banned in legacy and restricted in Vintage, I know I cannot use it or have only one in my deck. but it's said to be legal in Two-headed Giant. Does it mean that I can have four in my deck when I am playing 2H Giant ? and if it doesn't say anything about Classic MTG game. does it mean it is legal in classic too?

It's listed as Legal in 2HG because there is never a "2HG Format". 2HG is a type of game that you play in conjunction with another Format.

So you could play 2HG Standard, or 2HG Legacy, or 2HG Vintage.

As Strip Mine is Banned in all but Vintage (and restricted in that), the only opportunity to play Strip Mine in 2HG would be as a one-of in 2HG Vintage.

EDIT: That's a one-of between you & your teammate's decks. Deck limits are based off the combined card pool.

I am unfamiliar with "Classic MTG", I assume that's on MTGO and someone more familiar with that will have to answer.

Gerdef
Magic Judge Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Rules Theory and Templating: "They may be crazy, but they're good." --Matt Tabak, Rules Manager*
if it doesn't say anything about Classic MTG game. does it mean it is legal in classic too?

If Gatherer doesn't say anything about legality in a particular format, the card is not legal in that format.
DCI Level 2 Judge Please use autocard when you ask a question about specific cards: [c]Serra Angel[/c] -> Serra Angel
So...that means if I am playing a classic Game with a friend. I could use up to four of these strip mines in my deck ? would be awesome. the Classic game is a 60 cards minimum built deck btw.
Correct.
Nice ! thanks alot.
Sign In to post comments