question about sacrificing.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
A creature attacks and one of my creatures blocks, my creature has far more power than the other has toughness and my opponent plays Fling. sacrifices the creature that blocked and destroys my creature, is this legal?
As the Combat Damage step begins, Creatures assign Combat Damage equal to their power, and these Assignments are put on the Stack as a single Object.

While on the Stack, the Combat Damage assignments CAN be responded to, such as by playing Fling.

When Combat Damage resolves, his Creature, that was sacrificed, will still deal the Combat Damage that it had assigned to your Creature.
A creature attacks and one of my creatures blocks, ... sacrifices the creature that blocked and destroys my creature, is this legal?

Did you mean the creature that was blocked? (I thought you controlled the blocking creature?)

It's perfectly legal to play Fling in that manner, if that's what you mean. Whether or not your creature dies depends on when they played Fling (Declare Blockers step vs. Combat Damage step) and on the Power of the 'Flung' creature and the Toughness of your creature.

Gerdef
Magic Judge Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Rules Theory and Templating: "They may be crazy, but they're good." --Matt Tabak, Rules Manager*