Draw phase question in reguards to maralen

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cards are drawn at the beginning of the draw step yes? so I can't say remove Maralen of the mornsong from the game after her ability triggers and then both draw a card and get her search ability
Correct. Maralen of the Mornsong will prevent your normal turn draw; then her triggered ability will trigger and go on the stack immediately after. Nobody gets priority between these two things occurring, so there's no chance to have one occur but not the other. (However, if you had another ability, such as Howling Mine, that would normally let you draw a card, you could remove Maralen while that ability was on the stack. In that case, you'd still get the Howling Mine draw, since she only stops you from drawing if she's in play at the time you would draw.)
Correct.

The Draw per turn is the first thing that happens as the Draw step begins, before any player gets priority to do anything.
Cards are drawn at the beginning of the draw step yes? so I can't say remove Maralen of the mornsong from the game after her ability triggers and then both draw a card and get her search ability

Correct. In fact, her trigger occurs after the "normal" draw has passed.

Gerdef
Magic Judge Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Rules Theory and Templating: "They may be crazy, but they're good." --Matt Tabak, Rules Manager*