Sacking and Targeting

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
If I sack a daru spiritualist as a part of the cost of starlit sanctum is the spitualist being targeted by the sanctum's ability, thus having a toughness of two more?

Because I posted earlier inquiring about targeting with the response being that something is only targeted at the point of declaration...

So if someone were to say, shock a mother of runes of mine and I were somehow able to get a daru spiritualist out in response, having it on the stack over the shock... has the creature already been targeted before the spiritualist's triggered ability will kick in? (Saying good-bye to a summoning-sicked Mother Of Runes?)

Thanks.
If I sack a daru spiritualist as a part of the cost of starlit sanctum is the spitualist being targeted by the sanctum's ability, thus having a toughness of two more?

No. Sacrificing the cleric is a cost to play the ability, and you will notice that Starlit Sanctum does not use the word "target".
Because I posted earlier inquiring about targeting with the response being that something is only targeted at the point of declaration...

Targets are chosen as part of playing a spell or ability. However, from the moment the target is chosen to when the spell or ability resolves, it has a target. It is only the decision of what to target that is done during declaration.
So if someone were to say, shock a mother of runes of mine and I were somehow able to get a daru spiritualist out in response, having it on the stack over the shock... has the creature already been targeted before the spiritualist's triggered ability will kick in?

To "become the target of a spell or ability" happens when the person play shock announces what the shock is targetting, which is during playing the spell. If daru spiritualist wasnt in play before he started playing shock, then it is to late.
Alright, just double checking everything up.

Thanks Cyphern.