Equipment question

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
i am new to magic, i got my first deck a few days ago

Obsidian battle-axe.
"whenever a warrior creature comes into play you may attach obsidian battle-axe to it"

if i already have it attached to a monster, when i summon another can i change it to my new creature?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
... also winnower patrol

elf warrior
kinship- at the beginning of your upkeep, you may look at the top card of your library. if it shares a type with winnower patrol reveal it. if you do put a +1/+1 counter on winnower patrol

can the monster have to be an elf or a warrior, or does it have to be an elf warrior?
i am new to magic, i got my first deck a few days ago

Obsidian battle-axe.
"whenever a warrior creature comes into play you may attach obsidian battle-axe to it"

if i already have it attached to a monster, when i summon another can i change it to my new creature?

Yes. The ability doesn't say it stops working when it's attached to a creature, so it keeps working just fine.

... also winnower patrol

elf warrior
kinship- at the beginning of your upkeep, you may look at the top card of your library. if it shares a type with winnower patrol reveal it. if you do put a +1/+1 counter on winnower patrol

can the monster have to be an elf or a warrior, or does it have to be an elf warrior?

It has to be either an Elf or a Warrior, but it doesn't have to be both--it just has to share a type, it doesn't have to have all of the same types.

For future reference, rules questions belong in [forum=154]Rules Q&A[/forum], and you can use [thread=419536]Autocarding[/thread] to link to a card's text so you don't have to type it all out.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

Note that the equipment only boosts the creature currently using it, so moving it (via equip cost or playing a warrior creature) will remove the bonus from the first creature.

What I mean here is that a single Obsidian battle-axe can't give two new creatures haste so they can attack. (if you have two axes, however, feel free to spread them around!)

:D

Casual Magic player since 2003 (Onslaught Block). 60% Johnny, 40% Timmy. Want a free, graphics-based, collection database to inventory your cards? I made one! Feedback welcome. Program runs offline, includes powerful search options, art, Oracle text, data import/export, and a rigorously updated list of every card ever printed. VersionĀ 5.13 (Theros) now available!

So. Green needs an iconic creature type, eh? How about wurms!

One Billion Words - 1001 Fantasy Landscapes: Share DnD-ish landscapes for use in homebrew campaigns!

Also, for whatever reason, it seems the tribal equipments can attach to an opponent's creature if they play the corresponding type...
Also, for whatever reason, it seems the tribal equipments can attach to an opponent's creature if they play the corresponding type...

That's probably the biggest reason for the 'may' in the effect.
lol Monster
Yeah, remember there are no monsters in Magic. They're called creatures.
Yeah, remember there are no monsters in Magic. They're called creatures.

The B. F. M. would like a word with you, sir.

Monsters in Magic
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
We try to maintain the illusion that Magic cards are written in English.
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
Hell, if they steal from us, we'd be honored.
oh my god, AWESOME! Then changing the Slivers was your idea! haha lol
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]
My Mystical Sheep stomps on BFM's pitiful 99 ATK and goes on to rob you of 1201 life points.
www.kherkeep.com Seriously-it's good ****. Everyone cool is here.
::casts Ovinize on Mystical Sheep..., no, wait, on Budget_Player_Cadet::
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
We try to maintain the illusion that Magic cards are written in English.
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
Hell, if they steal from us, we'd be honored.
oh my god, AWESOME! Then changing the Slivers was your idea! haha lol
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]