Known, hidden information

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Earlier today i played a casual game with a friend. During the game he returned a card from his graveyard to his hand. The next turn i asked him to show me the card so i could clarfiy its text before playing a spell, as we both knew he had that specific card in hand.

My question is what kind of precedence is there for this sort of thing in a tournament. If a card has returned to a hidden state such as a creature remorphing or an opponent tutoring a card and revealing it before putting it into his hand, are you allowed to ask to look at the card. For all intents and purposes both players know what that creature was or that that player has a specific card in hand. If the game state has not changed since that card became hidden am i allowed to see it? If the game state has changed can this be done?, even though both players still no x creature, or y card in hand.

Even if this is not allowed or the opponent refuses i can still call a judge and ask him to look a up a card on the internet?
Earlier today i played a casual game with a friend. During the game he returned a card from his graveyard to his hand. The next turn i asked him to show me the card so i could clarfiy its text before playing a spell, as we both knew he had that specific card in hand.

My question is what kind of precedence is there for this sort of thing in a tournament. If a card has returned to a hidden state such as a creature remorphing or an opponent tutoring a card and revealing it before putting it into his hand, are you allowed to ask to look at the card. For all intents and purposes both players know what that creature was or that that player has a specific card in hand. If the game state has not changed since that card became hidden am i allowed to see it? If the game state has changed can this be done?, even though both players still no x creature, or y card in hand.

Even if this is not allowed or the opponent refuses i can still call a judge and ask him to look a up a card on the internet?

Its up to you to remember what the card is. Once the card is in a non-public zone (such as a players hand), or is face-down, your opponent does not have to show it to you or tell you what it says.

If you remember the name of the card, you can call a judge and ask for the Oracle text. If you don't remember the name but do remember significant but incomplete details, you can call a judge and try to describe the card to the judge. If your description is complete enough, the judge can then provide the Oracle text. If your description is not complete enough, you're out of luck.