Ice Cauldron...

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Alright, so me and my firends basically play an anything goes policy in regards to banned cards... so 1.5 tourny rules really. Technically No Alpha cards or anything like that, and the allowance of all the new cards and just about everything else.

Ones issue that has arisn is my one friend has put freakin' Ice Cauldron in all of his freaking decks, bosting on the fact that he can play anything played on the cauldron indefentily(like dark ritual for infinate mana), and if the cauldron is destroyed, he can still play the cards he had initially put on it as much as he likes.

First of all, would the card be restriced or banned in our '1.5' type of play, and second of all, is this card really that stupid with it's effects?

Thanks.
bosting [sic] on the fact that he can play anything played on the cauldron indefentily [sic]

That's Wrong.

When the Card is played, it's put on the Stack and stops being in the RFG zone.
Thus, it can only be played once.
if the cauldron is destroyed, he can still play the cards

The effect that allowed him to play the RFG'ed card is not tied to the existence of the Cauldron.
Thus, he can play the Card.
Ice Cauldron is legal In Legacy, Vintage, Two-Headed Giant, and Ice Age Block. Whether that means it's legal in your format or not is up to you.

Your friend is correct that he can play any card removed by the Cauldron, even if the Cauldron has left play. What he doesn't seem to realize is that by playing the card, it is no longer removed from the game. As part of the act of playing it he must move it to the stack.

So if he puts a Dark Ritual on the Cauldron, he can only use it one time before it is no longer on the Cauldron.
Alright, thanks, completly missed that... somehow... :P
Sign In to post comments