mossbridge troll vs Wrath

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
The new card mossbridge troll has the ability to regenerate autoaticly... it says "If mossbridge troll would be destroyed regenerate it" how does this stack with "it cant be regenerated" cards like wrath of god or befoul???
Well.

It can't be regenerated, so it gets destroyed. Is there any particular difficulty wrapping your head around this or is more detailed require for it to be comprehensive?
The Troll can't be regenerated, so it won't regenerate.
DCI Level 2 Judge Please use autocard when you ask a question about specific cards: [c]Serra Angel[/c] -> Serra Angel
Ya know what dude... ur rude...
i was presuming the destroyed affect triggers when it goes to the GY, which is after the "cant be regenerated" spell has resolved so the activated ability would save it

But wasnt quite sure.

dick.@ crossorion
You may think he's rude, but this bit from your lashing out at him...
i was presuming the destroyed affect triggers when it goes to the GY, which is after the "cant be regenerated" spell has resolved so the activated ability would save it

Makes me think you don't understand regeneration. So here, have an FAQ on Regeneration. On the house.
Also, judging by the way it's worded and similar cards, Mossbridge Troll doesn't "Trigger". It has a static ability that applies a continuous regeneration shield.
Since we are talking about this, i have a question about regeneration:
If i pay for the regeneration shield but donĀ“t use it in the turn that I payed for it will the shield continue in the other turns or will it just vanish in the end of the turn?
Nope. As stated in the FAQ (admittedly, in the spoiler-blocked Comp Rules snippet), Regeneration shields only replace the next "destroy" effect that'll happen to that permanent that turn.
Ya know what dude... ur rude...

But wasnt quite sure.

dick.@ crossorion

Really? Hum. Guess I have to work on my people-skills then. Since I'm already being rude, I might as well compound it by asking you to add punctuation to your question. You should also thank people when they answer your question.

Mossbridge Troll /never/ goes to the graveyard if it was regenerated. The fact it can no longer regenerate puts him straight into it. Feel free to make further references to the Regeneration FAQ pointed out by the more polite SuperSpeedy.
Well.

It can't be regenerated, so it gets destroyed. Is there any particular difficulty wrapping your head around this or is more detailed require for it to be comprehensive?

Don't be an Arse. This is a questions board, not a "don't post a question or someone will be an bunghole board". can't trumps can is good rule of thumb when determining interactions. Two abilities states something opposite from each other then "can't trumps can".
Ok, thank you SuperSpeedy.
Don't be an Arse. This is a questions board, not a "don't post a question or someone will be an bunghole board". can't trumps can is good rule of thumb when determining interactions. Two abilities states something opposite from each other then "can't trumps can".

There were two parts to my answer, neither discourages further questions being asked.

The first part answers the question.

The second part asks where was the difficulty in understanding the really obvious answer. It does probably come out as rude, but that's how things go on the interweb. I think its vitally important that we understand where these questions come from, as key misunderstandings will change the nature of a response.

It achieved the desired effect though, as the OP clearly didn't understand how the ability actually works, though it is possible there is a little trick to it that might not come out until the Shadowmoor FAQ comes out.
Sign In to post comments