Changelings and Smokebraider

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
As far as Smokebraider is concerned, are [u]Changelings[/u] considered elemental spells?
Yes. They are every creature type at all times.
PERFECT! Thank you for the quick answer!
As far as Smokebraider is concerned, are [u]Changelings[/u] considered elemental spells?

changelings better be elementals...
or else Magic Online isn't working properly...
because I use Titan Changeling and the red hasted Changeling along with Avian Changelings in my 5 colour Elemental deck and I've paid for them with Smokebraider

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Taking offers on my set of unopened limited edition full art judge foil basic lands, message me if interested.

changelings better be elementals...
or else Magic Online isn't working properly...
because I use Titan Changeling and the red hasted Changeling along with Avian Changelings in my 5 colour Elemental deck and I've paid for them with Smokebraider

This is entirely irrelevant. The rules say that Changeling grants an object all creature types, so a card with Changeling is an Elemental. How it works in MTGO is a completely separate and unrelated issue. Your statement really has no more weight than if I said "they had better be Elementals or else my opponent last week cheated." In both cases, the CompRules and Oracle texts are what actually determine how the game works, and in both cases, there's simply the hope that those rules are being implemented/interpreted correctly. Even if MTGO and the hypothetical opponent did do that perfectly, they still wouldn't be the authority, and they still shouldn't brought up in a rules discussion.
A friend of mine manaburnt for 2 when he played a morphed warrior card with a pair of bannerets in play. So, while I'm pretty sure Magic Online gets most things right, I wouldn't stake any rulings based on them. :P
A friend of mine manaburnt for 2 when he played a morphed warrior card with a pair of bannerets in play. So, while I'm pretty sure Magic Online gets most things right, I wouldn't stake any rulings based on them.

Your post doesn't make much sense... But, We'll chock it up to MtG:O not making any sense.

Face-down Creature spells do not have any Creature Types.
Thus, the Banneret's do not reduce their Total Cost, and Mana from Smokeraiders ability can not be used to pay for it.
Yes. I know it doesn't. I'm using it as an example that MTGO doesn't actually work as intended sometimes, with the assumption that everyone here would know that Bannerets don't reduce Morph costs :P