3 merrow reejerey, 1 drowner of secrets, 1 grimoire thief

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
i have 3 Merrow Reejerey , 1 Drowner of Secrets , and 1 Grimoire Thief in play, then i tapped the Grimoire Thief using Drowner of Secrets , putting 1 card in the graveyard from the library of my friend and getting the next 3 to remove from the game by the Grimoire Thief . Then I cast a Mothdust Changeling , can i untap Grimoire Thief using the 1st Merow Reejerey then tap it using Drowner of Secrets to get 1 card from the library then put it in the graveyard and get 3 cards on top then remove it from the game by the Grimoire Thief , then untap the Grimoire Thief using the 2nd Merrow Reejerey then repeat the process (the tap, get cards) and do another 1 using the 3rd Merrow Reejerey ?
i have 3 Merrow Reejerey , 1 Drowner of Secrets , and 1 Grimoire Thief in play, then i tapped the Grimoire Thief using Drowner of Secrets , putting 1 card in the graveyard from the library of my friend and getting the next 3 to remove from the game by the Grimoire Thief . Then I cast a Mothdust Changeling , can i untap Grimoire Thief using the 1st Merow Reejerey then tap it using Drowner of Secrets to get 1 card from the library then put it in the graveyard and get 3 cards on top then remove it from the game by the Grimoire Thief , then untap the Grimoire Thief using the 2nd Merrow Reejerey then repeat the process (the tap, get cards) and do another 1 using the 3rd Merrow Reejerey ?

Sure, why not?
No, I am not a judge. That's why I like to quote sources such as the rules that trump judges.
It's perfectly legal. Objects on the stack resolve one at a time.
Nitpick: You would actually remove three cards first, then your opponent would send a card from library to graveyard.

Here's the stack:

Drowner of Secrets (mill 1)

To pay for that ability, you tapped Grimoire Thief. GT's ability triggers and is placed on the stack atop DoS.

Grimoire Thief (RFGFD 3)
Drowner of Secrets (mill 1)

Since the stack resolves LIFO, the RFGFD3 ability resolves first and RFG's the cards face down, and then one card is milled.

Just to make it perfectly clear, I'll explain why you can do what you want to do as well:

Stack after casting Mothdust Changeling:

Mothdust Changeling

The Reejery trigger once each, putting three copies on the stack

Merrow Reejery #3 (targeting Grimoire Thief)
Merrow Reejery #2 (targeting Grimoire Thief)
Merrow Reejery #1 (targeting Grimoire Thief)
Mothdust Changeling

You allow MR3 to resolve, then use DoS again, and since you tapped GT, it triggers as well.

GT (RFGFD3)
DoS (mill1)
MR2
MR1
MC

GT and DoS resolve, removing four cards from their library (one of which is now in their graveyard).

It'll go so on like that, with you being able to play abilities after each item on the stack resolves (including the separate Merrow Reejery tap/untap ablities). Eventually you'll effectively, overall, remove 12 cards and leave your stuff untapped, or you could have removed 16 cards from their library (either RFGd or milled) with a tapped Grimoire Thief.
MTG Rules Advisor Mirrodin_Loyalty.png