Regeneration Question

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi, I hope this isn't too stupid a question...

So I know that with regeneration, when the creature regenerates, it has all of the damage removed from it, taps, and is removed from combat if that's where it was. What I don't know is if

a) the tap effect of regeneration is the kind that happens if the creature is untapped, and doesn't matter if the creature is tapped,

or

b) a tapped creature cannot regenerate because tapping is part of the regeneration effect.

Any help with this would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
Since tapping an already tapped creature is an impossible action, you ignore it, and follow the rest of the instructions for when the regen shield is used up.
Oh wow, thank you! I didn't expect such a fast response!
Hi, I hope this isn't too stupid a question...

So I know that with regeneration, when the creature regenerates, it has all of the damage removed from it, taps, and is removed from combat if that's where it was. What I don't know is if

a) the tap effect of regeneration is the kind that happens if the creature is untapped, and doesn't matter if the creature is tapped,

or

b) a tapped creature cannot regenerate because tapping is part of the regeneration effect.

Any help with this would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

There are some caveats to regeneration that aren't specifically spelled out, but are inherent anyways, because they fall under the "You can't do impossible things" catagory.

Regeneration actually means: Remove all damage from the creature (if it has any damage on it), tap it (if it's untapped) and remove it from combat (if it's in combat).