Disintegrate

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Does disintegrate prevent a creature from being able to regenerate. The copy I'm looking at doesn't specify not being able to regenrate the creature before it dies!
Disintegrate

That will save people time.

Read the Oracle Text. I would look at it but I don't have the gatherer up since you didn't autocard it in the original post.

EDIT: It can't regenerate.
hmm....i wonder why they added the cannot regenerate clause in 5th edition. i might send in an ask wizards about it some time - there's a number of cards from that era (disintegrate, flying carpet, sunglasses of urza) that have received functional changes or errata at some point or another

edit: after RTFCing each printing, it appears that only the revised printing left out the "cannot regenerate" clause. still curious as to why, but it appears they did restore the original functions. also still curious why they made the changes on the other cards...

edit 2: and it appears they also changed sunglasses back in recent errataing, so no my post is officially pointless. i wish i could pass it off as april fool's day tomfoolery, but nope, i just fail at reading
What about indestructable? Can I get rid of a Darksteel thingy with disintegrate?
www.kherkeep.com Seriously-it's good ****. Everyone cool is here.
What about indestructable? Can I get rid of a Darksteel thingy with disintegrate?

no

Indestructible doesn't make the permanent regenerate, it just makes it unable to be destroyed. There is no regeneration event to prevent.
Oops, didn't see the errata.
www.kherkeep.com Seriously-it's good ****. Everyone cool is here.
Sign In to post comments