Intruder Alarm + Treetop Village

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Simple question: Intruder Alarm is in play, Treetop Village becomes a 3/3 Ape Creature for the turn, do all other creatures untap, or does the Ape Creature not count as 'coming into play', as Treetop Village was already previously in play as a land, and so nothing new actually came into play?

Went with yes to the untapping at the time, namely because nobody had any objections and otherwise I would have lost, instead of won, which didn't suit me as well as the alternative, but thinking about it again I think I'd have to reverse my call. Yes? No?
Nothing came into play. Changing form is not entering play. Intruder Alarm will not trigger.
Simple question: Intruder Alarm is in play, Treetop Village becomes a 3/3 Ape Creature for the turn, do all other creatures untap, or does the Ape Creature not count as 'coming into play', as Treetop Village was already previously in play as a land, and so nothing new actually came into play?

Went with yes to the untapping at the time, namely because nobody had any objections and otherwise I would have lost, instead of won, which didn't suit me as well as the alternative, but thinking about it again I think I'd have to reverse my call. Yes? No?

You're revised view is correct. Nothing came into play in that scenario, something that was in play all along just got a bunch of new characteristics.
Jeff Heikkinen DCI Rules Advisor since Dec 25, 2011
Nope. Nothing came into play, so the Alarm won't trigger.
The Village just changes its characteristics.
Sign In to post comments