Intruder Alarm + Treetop Village

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Simple question: Intruder Alarm is in play, Treetop Village becomes a 3/3 Ape Creature for the turn, do all other creatures untap, or does the Ape Creature not count as 'coming into play', as Treetop Village was already previously in play as a land, and so nothing new actually came into play?

Went with yes to the untapping at the time, namely because nobody had any objections and otherwise I would have lost, instead of won, which didn't suit me as well as the alternative, but thinking about it again I think I'd have to reverse my call. Yes? No?
Nothing came into play. Changing form is not entering play. Intruder Alarm will not trigger.
Simple question: Intruder Alarm is in play, Treetop Village becomes a 3/3 Ape Creature for the turn, do all other creatures untap, or does the Ape Creature not count as 'coming into play', as Treetop Village was already previously in play as a land, and so nothing new actually came into play?

Went with yes to the untapping at the time, namely because nobody had any objections and otherwise I would have lost, instead of won, which didn't suit me as well as the alternative, but thinking about it again I think I'd have to reverse my call. Yes? No?

You're revised view is correct. Nothing came into play in that scenario, something that was in play all along just got a bunch of new characteristics.
Jeff Heikkinen DCI Rules Advisor since Dec 25, 2011
Nope. Nothing came into play, so the Alarm won't trigger.
The Village just changes its characteristics.