Goblin Charbelcher

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
what happens if you use Goblin Charbelcher and you have no more land cards in your deck?
what happens if you use Goblin Charbelcher and you have no more land cards in your deck?

It deals damage equal to the number of revealed non-land cards, in this case the number of cards remaining in your library.

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

If you have no land in your deck, you stop revealing cards when you run out of cards to reveal. You then move on with the rest of the instructions -- dealing damage equal to the number of non-land cards revealed and then putting the revealed cards on the bottom of the library in any order.

You do as much as you can; reveal your library, count the cards you revealed, deal that much damage, and put all the revealed cards on the bottom of your library in any order, which in this case, means stack your deck any way you like.
Jeff Heikkinen DCI Rules Advisor since Dec 25, 2011
I thought that it would only deal damage if you revealed a land
I thought that it would only deal damage if you revealed a land

Nope. Read it carefully. You reveal cards until a certain condition is met, then deal damage equal to the number of nonland cards revealed. It doesn't explicitly connect the condition to the damage, only to ceasing to reveal cards.

And yes, that's crazy powerful. As in, you can build decks around it in Vintage powerful.
Jeff Heikkinen DCI Rules Advisor since Dec 25, 2011
that's kinda scary........

thanks though, this clear up a LOT of problems