Timber protector

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
ok on the timber protector it says other Treefolk and forest are indestructible....but wrath of god says destroy all creatures. My question is this:
If 2 timber protectors are out and the person uses wrath of god do all the creatures that are treefolk and the timber watches on my side of the field get destroyed?
Nope. In this situation, no treefolk and no forest will get destroyed. All non-treefolk creatures will be destroyed.
These two rules should clear things up.

103.2. When a rule or effect says something can happen and another effect says it can’t, the “can’t”
effect wins. For example, if one effect reads “You may play an additional land this turn” and
another reads “You can’t play land cards this turn,” the effect that keeps you from playing lands
wins out. Note that adding abilities to objects and removing abilities from objects don’t fall under
this rule. See rule 407, “Adding and Removing Abilities.”

Indestructable-If a permanent is indestructible, rules and effects can’t destroy it. Such permanents are not destroyed by
lethal damage, and they ignore the lethal-damage state-based effect (see rule 420.5c). Rules or effects may
cause an indestructible permanent to be sacrificed, put into a graveyard, or removed from the game.

So, something that's indestructible can't be destroyed. Simple as that.
ok on the timber protector it says other Treefolk and forest are indestructible....but wrath of god says destroy all creatures. My question is this:
If 2 timber protectors are out and the person uses wrath of god do all the creatures that are treefolk and the timber watches on my side of the field get destroyed?

Other Treefolk and Forests you control are indestructible.

The Wrath of God will destroy any creatures that are not indestructible.

so if you have 1 Protector and other Treefolk
your Treefolk are indestructible (except the Protector). You do not control any Treefolk on his side so they are not indestructible unless he has a Protector as well.
If you have 2 Protectors, they make each other and your other Treefolk Indestructible. Your Protectors do nothing to his Treefolk and likewise his do nothing to yours.

Nope. In this situation, no treefolk and no forest will get destroyed. All non-treefolk creatures will be destroyed.

actually, I wouldn't say the situation is clear...
he indicates there are 2 Protectors but not on whose side of the board
perhaps it's one on each side?
or the OP has 2 and the opponent has Treefolk as well?

these factors could impact your statement.

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Taking offers on my set of unopened limited edition full art judge foil basic lands, message me if interested.