Just a few newbie questions....

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
When a certain creature comes into play, say [C]Quicksilver Dragon[/C] and an opponent uses [C]Boomerang[/C] does quicksilver dragon require haste to use it's ability??

When a creature, say [C]Broodstar[/C] gets [C]Ovinize[/C] when attacking can i still block it with a non-flying creature? Can i block it at all?

When i attack a creature with [C]Matsu-Tribe Decoy[/C] and afterwards i use [C]Brine Elemental[/C] will the creature that was damaged by Matsu-Tribe Decoy not untap during the opponent's next untap phase?(not the skipped one)

Also is "Indestructible" an ability? just asking....
No.
The ability's Cost does not include the Tap Symbol [].

Yes.
It's a Vanilla 0/1.

The next Untap step was Skipped; Thanks to Brine's triggered ablity.
Then, the second Untap step, it won't untap; Thanks to the Decoy's triggered ability.
Finally, on the third turn, it'll untap as normal.

No.
'Indestructible' is just a word, like 'Unblockable'.
"~ is indestructible" is an ability.
When a certain creature comes into play, say [C]Quicksilver Dragon[/C] and an opponent uses [C]Boomerang[/C] does quicksilver dragon require haste to use it's ability??

No, since the ability does not have as part of the cost.

When a creature, say [C]Broodstar[/C] gets [C]Ovinize[/C] when attacking can i still block it with a non-flying creature? Can i block it at all?

Broodstar will no longer have Flying, so you can block it with a non-flying creature.

When i attack a creature with [C]Matsu-Tribe Decoy[/C] and afterwards i use [C]Brine Elemental[/C] will the creature that was damaged by Matsu-Tribe Decoy not untap during the opponent's next untap phase?(not the skipped one)

Correct - a skipped step never happened, so the Decoy's ability will apply to the next untap step that does happen

(but remember that you don't attack creatures)

I am pretty new to the game myself but as far as I know haste only gives the creature the ability to attack the same turn that it is summoned. I dont think Hast has anythign to do with abilities. I believe that you could use that ability as soon as you summon quicksilver dragon because that ability does not require you to tap the card to activate that ability. Does anyone agree or am I incorrect?

No. Summoning Sickness only prevents attacking and abilities that use the symbol. The Dragon's ability does not require ing.

As long as it was Ovinized before Blockers were declared (i.e. during the Declare Attackers step), then it no longer has flying, and can be blocked by any ol' creature.

Yes. Since one was skipped, this is the next untap step.

Also is "Indestructible" an ability? just asking....

"Indestructible"? No.

However, the text stating " is indestructible" is an ability.

Gerdef
Magic Judge Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Rules Theory and Templating: "They may be crazy, but they're good." --Matt Tabak, Rules Manager*
I dont think Hast has anythign to do with abilities.

Wrong.

If you have not controlled a Creature since the beginning of your most recent turn, you can not play an ability which costs include a Tap Symbol , unless it has Haste.

Compare Prodigal Pyromancer to Vulshok Sorcerer.
Wrong.

If you have not controlled a Creature since the beginning of your most recent turn, you can not play an ability which costs include a Tap Symbol , unless it has Haste.

I believe that is what I said???? I said that he could use that ability because that ability doesnt require the card to tap. My first sentence was incorrect because I said that Haste only pertains to the creature being able to attack the same turn its summoned and that it doesnt affect abilities and I see that I am wrong about that.
Wrong.

I believe that is what I said???? I said that he could use that ability because that ability doesnt require the card to tap. My first sentence was incorrect because I said that Haste only pertains to the creature being able to attack the same turn its summoned and that it doesnt affect abilities and I see that I am wrong about that.

Just to let you know, putting [noparse]

[/noparse] around the section from another poster makes your responses much easier to read. And if you click on the quote button from the post you're responding to, it'll happen automatically.
Soif i Ovinize DKCOlossus then it still is indestructible?

No.

It loses the "Darksteel Colossus is Indestructible." ability.
Thus, it's not Indestructible.
However, the text stating " is indestructible" is an ability.

Ovinize will remove the "Darksteel Colossus is Indestructible" ability from Darksteel Colossus
Just to let you know, putting [noparse][/noparse] around the section from another poster makes your responses much easier to read. And if you click on the quote button from the post you're responding to, it'll happen automatically.

Thanks, I try to play around on here as much as I can so hopefully soon I will have all the little nuonces down
No.

It loses the "Darksteel Colossus is Indestructible." ability.
Thus, it's not Indestructible.

Sorry i was confused with what your first post said, and also thanks.
Oh and i mispelled DKC.
Another question: How does [C]Vesuvan Shapeshifter[/C] really work, because i'm confused when i copy a creature with morph that has a when this gets turned face up ability. Can anyone shed some light on this?
It is being turned face-up as a Copy of that Creature.

Thus, any Triggered ability that Triggers when it is turned face-up will trigger, or any Replacement that applies when its Turned face-up will be applicable.
How does it combo [C]Brine Elemental[/C] then? Because also some guyz said you can do that but i just don't know how...
How does it combo [C]Brine Elemental[/C] then? Because also some guyz said you can do that but i just don't know how...

Didn't Feigel just explain that? You turn the Vesuvan Shapeshifter up copying a Brine Elemental. That will trigger the "When this is turned face-up" trigger that the Shapeshifter is copying from the Brine Elemental. That's really all there is to it.

(If you're wondering what the advantage is over just turning the Elemental itself face-up, that's not a rules question, but here's a hint: How expensive is it to turn Brine Elemental face-up and how often can you do it? How expensive is it to turn Vesuvan Shapeshifter face-up and how often can you do it?)
DCI Level 2 Judge Please use autocard when you ask a question about specific cards: [c]Serra Angel[/c] -> Serra Angel
Oh! i'm sorry, i thought that when Vesuvan Shapeshifter turns up it copies the Brine Elemental and nothing will trigger because it is already face up. Well that settles that then. Thanks too.
Oh! i'm sorry, i thought that when Vesuvan Shapeshifter turns up it copies the Brine Elemental and nothing will trigger because it is already face up. Well that settles that then. Thanks too.

The difference is that the Shapeshifter becomes a copy "as it turns face-up" (a replacement effect), rather than "when it turns face-up" (a triggered ability). Thus it gets the copied ability in time for it to trigger.