Save the Sea Kittens!

39 posts / 0 new
Last post
http://www.gairrhydd.com/comment/opinion/880/save-the-sea-kittens

I don't need to mock these people. They do it to themselves.
............................................________........................
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
.........................,/...............................................”:,........
.....................,?......................................................\,.....
.................../...........................................................,}....
................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
.............../...................................................,:”........./.....
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/...........
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............
COB.png
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
.........................,/...............................................”:,........
.....................,?......................................................\,.....
.................../...........................................................,}....
................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
.............../...................................................,:”........./.....
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

couldnt have said it better myself.
Kneel before the lord Drgon, or you shall be knelt
Oh... This is amazing...
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO
lolseacats.

IMAGE(http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f198/slimslamer/parrot-fish.jpg)
This makes me want to take a (live) fish and go bludgeon some PETA people to death with it.

You might even say "kill two birds with one sea kitten."
http://www.peta2.com/sea_Kittens/game.asp
I just... but... wha...

I am face-flooring.
COB.png
I just... but... wha...

I am face-flooring.

IMAGE(http://www.abload.de/img/flounder_sea_kittenl7k8.jpg)

Pretty cool game.
IMAGE(http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/Zerg0nator2/salmon_sea_kitten.jpg)

Why would a sea kitten need a bowl of water?

I third the Picard face palm.
.... .... ....
IMAGE(http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/Zerg0nator2/salmon_sea_kitten.jpg)

Why would a sea kitten need a bowl of water?

Whywould they need a sandbox? :D
This is having the inverse effect of making me want to go eat cats.
"Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty. " - Sicilian proverb
This is having the inverse effect of making me want to go eat cats.

I'm going to go do the next best thing.
I have some rabbit in the refrigerator, I'm going to go fire up the grill.

Eat that, PETA!
The notion that a supposed ethical society feels an animal needs to be cuddly or cute in order to be protected is lolsome. I suppose this is why PETA has so few "silk is murder" campaigns.

Now I want to wring a baby seal to death.
The notion that a supposed ethical society feels an animal needs to be cuddly or cute in order to be protected is lolsome. I suppose this is why PETA has so few "silk is murder" campaigns.

Now I want to wring a baby seal to death.

The point isn't that PETA needs animals to be cute and cuddly to be worthy of protection, but that society in general does. And they're absolutely right.

I'm a lot more concerned with the protection of species than with individual animals (which seems to be PETA's schtick), but the "it's not charismatic" problem is definitely real when you're trying to get the public behind a new conservation effort.
-While PETA is, in theory based on a decent philosophy (Don't be excessively cruel to animals), their extremist tendencies make me want to do the exact opposite of their cause du jour.
Trolls in sheep's clothing have no redeeming qualities that are beneficial towards the health of the community. My Artwork/Photography/Literature
Yes, because being cute and cuddly certainly helped the seals!

If people are willing to kill creatures that actually are cute, I don't see why they would have a problem killing animals that pretend to be cute.

That is all.
IMAGE(http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/bigpot6.jpg)
here's the article its from if anybodies interested. A warning, there is foul language.
PETA are a bunch of stupid, deceitful, short-sighted, hypocritical, ignorant, scumbags.
PETA are a bunch of stupid, deceitful, short-sighted, hypocritical, ignorant, scumbags.

My God, I wish i knew how to sig quotes like this.

I approve. :D

Zevox
The Forgotten Realms, 1967-2008: R.I.P. Super Smash Brothers Brawl player. Lucas main, Dedede and Falco secondaries, a variety of others as tertiaries. Former Core Coliseum player, Elder, and Guildmaster.
I just... but... wha...

I am face-flooring.

I find this game strangely addicting.
here's the article its from if anybodies interested. A warning, there is foul language.

This. Right here. This.
You know what I'm doing to help pollution from cows? Eating a cow. :D
Peta isn't so nice to the cute animals though.

I agree with Pfisiar's speechlessness.
Check out their headquarters:

IMAGE(http://farm1.static.flickr.com/56/150777333_ec1e14076a.jpg?v=0)

Pretty nice digs for a non-profit groups. Guess after buying that place they couldn't afford to feed all those animals they killed.

PETA has also financially supported convicted domestic terrorists Rod Coronado and Josh Harper as well as connections to noted violence-advocate Jerry Vlasak.

PETA opposes all medicines derived from or tested on animals, yet PETA Senior Vice President MaryBeth Sweetland is a diabetic and requires insulin to control her illness. She is quoted as saying:

“I’m an insulin-dependent diabetic. Twice a day I take synthetically manufactured insulin that still contains some animal products — and I have no qualms about it … I’m not going to take the chance of killing myself by not taking insulin. I don’t see myself as a hypocrite. I need my life to fight for the rights of animals.”
–Glamour, January 1990

It take a special kind of megalomanical self-delusion to claim that doing the precise opposite of what you espouse violence against other people for doing is not hypocrisy, that your life is so much more important than other people that your own deeply held beliefs don't even apply to you.

These people are hypocrites, liars, and scumbags. Do not support them. Do not give them your money. Do not slow down if you see them crossing the street. Do not pee on them if they are on fire.*

*This last bit is a joke…or is it? I'm not a hypocrite, I swear. ;)

Thanks, Sage! Now I know what my next shirt's going to be!
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
PETA has also financially supported convicted domestic terrorists Rod Coronado and Josh Harper as well as connections to noted violence-advocate Jerry Vlasak.

Dude, check the link I put up for the pamplet titled "Your Mommy Kills Animals" that includes a Tales from the Crypt style cover of a 50's housewife laughing as she graphically cleaves a living rabbit into pieces. Which PETA handed out to elementary school kids as they were leaving school. Without parental or school consent.
Dude, check the link I put up for the pamplet titled "Your Mommy Kills Animals" that includes a Tales from the Crypt style cover of a 50's housewife laughing as she graphically cleaves a living rabbit into pieces. Which PETA handed out to elementary school kids as they were leaving school. Without parental or school consent.

The fact that PETA now refers to fish as "Sea Kittens" makes me want to go fishing…with dynamite.
Thanks, Sage! Now I know what my next shirt's going to be!

Glad I could help.
The point isn't that PETA needs animals to be cute and cuddly to be worthy of protection, but that society in general does. And they're absolutely right.

I'm a lot more concerned with the protection of species than with individual animals (which seems to be PETA's schtick), but the "it's not charismatic" problem is definitely real when you're trying to get the public behind a new conservation effort.

I love virtually every living thing, despite killing and eating living things on a regular basis*, the concept of charisma makes sense to me, but there are tons of other, in my opinion, redeeming qualities that society at large is blind to, namely "badass" or "hilariously revolting."

*Consumption is just a rather disturbing psychosexual expression of love.
hmm i wonder who they're targeting with this campaign...

If they want their name to be 'people against the unethical treatment of animals', why is their name PETA? That sounds like 'people against the ethical tratment of animals.' Why didn't they just name themselves PUTA?

...oh wait :P

If they want their name to be 'people against the unethical treatment of animals', why is their name PETA? That sounds like 'people against the ethical tratment of animals.' Why didn't they just name themselves PUTA?

You screwed up your double negative negation. If you remove the "un" from "unethical" you must convert "against" to "for".
I Like PETA.
They're like a bad slot car. Has a goal everyone is aiming for, they're just not on the right track.
“Be alert to the rules of 3. What you give, will return to you. That lesson, you have to learn. You only earn what you deserve.”

Idiots and social losers

Technically it's People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
oh. well i like my version better :P :P :P
Sign In to post comments