This just in: MTV is run by rhesus monkeys.

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117989391.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

I am thoroughly disgusted anyone thinks this is a good idea.
It could be worse.

They could be using the same cast.

Seriously, who wants to see Columbia naked 30 years later?
Little warning with links? I had to fight the reflex to throw up. That... thing (I'm not even going to call it a movie) is that last piece of crap I want to see on my browser.
This is a movie that was supposed to be made once and then never seen again except for cult people.

MTV has been a money grab for the past 10 years.
Little warning with links? I had to fight the reflex to throw up. That... thing (I'm not even going to call it a movie) is that last piece of crap I want to see on my browser.

Oh, it's on now.
-Didn't somebody ironically mention in the "Movies that can never be remade" that the Rocky Horror Picture Show was one of them?
Trolls in sheep's clothing have no redeeming qualities that are beneficial towards the health of the community. My Artwork/Photography/Literature
-Didn't somebody ironically mention in the "Movies that can never be remade" that the Rocky Horror Picture Show was one of them?

I believe that Edy said it was a movie that can never be remade, and I responded that it was being remade. I may even have mentioned that it was being done by MTV. It's something I've known for a fair amount of time, and ever since I'd heard about it I've been wondering/dreading which song(s) would be turned into rap songs.
At least I have my proper avatar now, I guess. But man is this cloud dark.
You just figured out that MTV is run by idiots now? Anyone remember when MTV used to play music videos? Or when MTV wouldn't show Michael Jackson videos because he was (at the time) black? And then a few years later it basically transformed into the "Yo MTV Raps" network?

MTV has been a corporation that has no qualms about whoring itself out ever since they realized that their key demographic has expendable income.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

Anyone remember when MTV used to play music videos?

They did? wow, you do learn something new everyday
Kneel before the lord Drgon, or you shall be knelt

burn
You just figured out that MTV is run by idiots now? Anyone remember when MTV used to play music videos? Or when MTV wouldn't show Michael Jackson videos because he was (at the time) black? And then a few years later it basically transformed into the "Yo MTV Raps" network?

MTV has been a corporation that has no qualms about whoring itself out ever since they realized that their key demographic has expendable income.

Well, no. I knew this for quite some time. But damn, I had no idea they were THIS stupid.
Wha? How? They can't ... and ... GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go ...
Or when MTV wouldn't show Michael Jackson videos because he was (at the time) black?

I think this is a bit of a myth. MTV premiered in '81 and Jackson's Thriller was all over it less than a year later. Don't get me wrong, MTV is total ****, but I've never actually seen any proof of that particular allegation.
I think this is a bit of a myth. MTV premiered in '81 and Jackson's Thriller was all over it less than a year later. Don't get me wrong, MTV is total ****, but I've never actually seen any proof of that particular allegation.

There appears to be disagreement between sources on this one, now that I look into it deeper. (MTV debuted in August of 81, Thriller in late 83. It's been a long time, I had to look up the dates.)

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

Anyone remember when MTV used to play music videos?

-Nah, too young. But, I hear about the "glory days" all the time...But, come on...Super Sweet Sixteen Party is much better than random music videos.
Trolls in sheep's clothing have no redeeming qualities that are beneficial towards the health of the community. My Artwork/Photography/Literature

I wish they would go back to the music videos, I remember seeing Feel Good Inc. for the first time on MTV.
Super Sweet Sixteen Party is much better than random music videos.

What about the Real World? 21 seasons of people where they stop being polite, and start being real. That totally hasn't gotten old.

Congratulations on completing preschool.
What about the Real World? 21 seasons of people where they stop being polite, and start being real. That totally hasn't gotten old.

-It's totally real...It just gets realer each time.