Kill Team-Part 2

Ok everyone, I thought I'd go ahead and start a new thread. Time to get this show (back) on the road. I'd prefer it if everyone post their own character sheet, that way they can update it as necessary.

The shuttle responds to the commands of its pilot and accelerates in the direction of the distant transport. The viewscreens in the cockpit show the endless starscape of space silhouetting the massive planetary orbs. It's all rather soothing really. Almost enough to make a person forget the Inquisition owns them, the Adaptus Mechanicus is after their tech, and they just made enemies with the most ancient evil in the galaxy; all before lunchtime. Almost enough to make a person forget, but not quite.

Rictor inserts the disk the team "borrowed" from the Inquisitor into the ship's control panel. The team gathers around in the cockpit and watches as the ship analyzes the disk. The computer recognizes the disk and begins to read it. Before any information can be displayed on screen, a message covers the entire console.

This data restricted by order of the Inquisition, please insert password.

A standard authentication screen. Any self respecting programmer could bypass one of these in his sleep. Rictor loads up a standard password breaking program and sets it to work on the file; then strange things start happening.

A string of characters appears on the bottom of the screen. This is normal, just the program rapidly imputing passwords into the security prompt. This string is different; this string looks like the program has no password to crack. The characters continue scrolling across the screen at a phenomenal rate until the screen is completely covered with flashing letters. Then the monitor goes dark and the disk is ejected with enough force to propel it across the cabin. Apparently this will require more sophisticated measures.

Time passes quickly in a spaceship. In what seems like only minutes the transport appears in sensor range. From the first scan, it is apparent something is wrong. The waste tanks have all been emptied, they should be full on a return journey. The sensors also report extensive damage throughout the structure. From what data the sensors can put together, it looks like someone destroyed critical systems from the inside. Engines are running on emergency power and life support is barely operational. The docking doors are all sealed shut, but there are several hull breaches large enough to fly through.
Rictor

Show
Gender and Race: Male, Human
Size and Type: Medium, Humanoid (human)
Height and Weight: 5’ 8”, 145
ECL: Smart Hero 3
Experience Points: 3,550
Experience Needed: 6,000
Background: Magos Biologis/Medic (Treat Injury, Computer Use)
Allegiance: Rebellious, Good

Attributes
Str 08 -1 [0 pts]
Dex 12 +1 [4 pts]
Con 11 +0 [3 pts]
Int 16 +3 [10 pts]
Wis 14 +2 [6 pts]
Cha 10 +0 [2 pts]

Hit Points: 27 [6 * 3 (1st) + 6 2nd, +3 3rd)]
Armor Class (Normal): 15 [10 Base, +3 Armor, +1 Dex, +1 Defense]
Armor Class (Touch): 12 [10 Base, +1 Dex, +1 Defense]
Armor Class (Flat-Footed): 14 [10 Base, +3 Armor, +1 Defense]
Initiative: +1 [+1 Dex]
Base Attack Bonus: +1
Grapple: +0 [+1 BAB, -1 Str]
Speed (Land): 30 ft
Action Points: 8
Credit: (+4 bonus)
Leadership: +1
Weight Carried: 0 lbs, no encumbrance [ up to 33 lb. (Light), 34-66 lb (Medium), 67-100 lb (Heavy)]

Saves
Fortitude: +1 [+0 Con, +1 Smart]
Reflex: +2 [+1 Dex, +1 Smart]
Will: +4 [+2 Wis, +2 Smart]

Melee Attacks
Unarmed Strike: +0, 1d3 (20/x2), bludgeoning [-1 Str, +1 BAB]
Dagger: +0, 1d4 (19-20/x2), piercing/slashing [-1 Str, +1 BAB]

Ranged Attacks
Lasgun: +2, 2d8 (19-20/x2), R: 45, Rof: Auto, Wt: 7, energy, AP: 2 [+1 Dex, +1 BAB]

Feats
Simple Weapon Proficiency (Smart 1)
Personal Firearms Proficiency (Human 1)
Medical Expert (Human 1): +2 to all Craft (pharmaceuticals) and Treat Injury checks
Cautious (Smart 2): +2 to all Demolitions and Disable Device checks.
Armor Proficiency Light

Talents
Savant: gains bonus of Smart Hero level to all Computer Use checks.
Exploit Weakness: After 1 rnd of combat can make an Int check plus Smart Hero level vs. DC 15. Success lets him use his Int bonus instead of Str or Dex for the rest of the battle.

Skills
Total Skill Points: 48+(12x2)=72
Languages: ???

Computer Use: +12 [+3 Int, 6 Ranks, +3 Talent]
Craft (Chemicals): +8 [+3 Int, 5 Ranks]
Craft (Electronics): +7 [+3 Int, 4 Ranks]
Craft (Mechanical): +9 [+3 Dex, 6 Ranks]
Craft (Pharmaceuticals): +10 [+3 Int, 5 Ranks, +2 Feat]
Demolition: +10 [+3 Int, 5 Ranks, +2 Feat]
Disable Device: +11 [+3 Int, 6 Ranks, +2 Feat]
Knowledge (Earth & Life Science): +9 [+3 Int, 6 Ranks]
Knowledge (Streetwise): +8 [+3 Int, 5 Ranks]
Knowledge (Technology): +9 [+3 Int, 6 Ranks]
Pilot: +2 [+1 Dex, 1 Rank]
Repair: +9 [+3 Int, 6 Ranks]
Search: +8 [+3 Int, 5 Ranks]
Treat Injury +10 [+2 Wis, 6 Ranks, +2 Feat]

Equipment:
Lasgun
Bandoleer
5 extra charge packs in Bandoleer
Flak Armor(Def: 3, DR: 3, ACP: -1, MD: 7, Spd: 30, Wt: 20)
Knife
Computer Interface device
Medical Kit
Guass Rifle
(Damage: 2d10, Crit 19-20, R: 45', ROF: 1, Wt: 20, Type: Atomic, AP: 4, Mag: 10 Internal)

Background:
Rictor is a very talented man. He can learn and do just about anything he puts his mind to. His early years were spent mostly in schools and colleges where he learned about medicine, computers and mechanics. He has always had a slightly rebellious side and he developed a bit of a hobby of breaking into places he is not supposed to be. He became good at both hacking into computers and actually breaking into places. It is this hobby that got him into trouble. He accidentally stumbled upon a high security site while roaming around on his computer. He was not sure what it was, but could not resist trying to hack in. Unfortunately whoever built this system was a lot better than him and they managed to track him down and arrest him. After months of interrogations, where the Imperium tried to figure out who he worked for and what their plan was. Needless to say they did not like his answer of “No one. I was just playing around.”, he is tossed into a room with the rest of the group and is now trying real hard to succeed and hopefully save his life.

Appearance:
Rictor is kind of short and a bit scrawny. His hair is a bunch of short spikes making his head appear to be a spiked ball. His brown eyes always seem to have a bit of mischief in them.

future plans
Striving for Engineer and Field Scientist
Computer Use 6 R, Carft (Electronics( 6 R, Craft (Mechanics) 6 R, Knowledge (Technology) 6 R, Repair 6 R

Craft (Chemical or Electronics) 6 R, Knowledge (Earth and Life Science, Physical Science or Technology) 6 R, and Research 6 R
Wash: "Yeah well, if she doesn't give us some extra flow from the engine room to offset the burn through, this landing is gonna get pretty interesting." Mal: "Define interesting." Wash: "Oh god oh god we're all gonna die?" Mal: "This is the captain. We have a...little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then...explode."
JASON STARK!!!

The man, the myth, Hey, that's my heavy bolter A&^%&^%*!!!

Name: Jason Stark
Species: Human,
Height: 6ft. 3in.
Weight: 275 pnds. (Looks like a professional bodybuilder with lots of steroids)
Size: Medium
Class: Tough hero(2)/Strong Hero(1)
Reputation(Leadership Bonus):
Wealth Bonus: (Credit bonus increase+1)
Starting Occupation/Background: Death Worlder
Allegiances: His unit, His Money, The Emperor
HP: [45]--2d10(tough)—1d8(strong)

Str: 16,--+10(points)
Dex: 14,--+6(points)
Con: 14,--+6(points)
Int: 8
Wis: 11--+3(points)
Cha: 8

Defense[AC]: 10+dex+classbonus+equip. bonus+size
10(base)
13(+3armor)
15(+2dex)
17(+2 tough hero class)
18(+1 strong hero class)
DR=3

BAB: +5
+1(strong hero)
+1(tough hero)
+3( str)

Action Points:

Attacks: Ignores two points of opponents DR
--Melee: Chainsword, 2d8+3, 19-20x2crit, 6pnds, slashing, one handed
3d8+4 if holding weapon two-handed grip
--Ranged: Laspistol, 2d6+3, 19-20crit, 30ft. range, single shot, energy weapon, 1AP

Fort: +2(tough), +1(strong), +2(con)—[5]
Ref: +2(dex)—[2]
Will: +0

INIT: +2

Speed: 30ft.

Skills:
--+7Climb, +4ranks, +3str
--+6Concentration, +4ranks, +2con
--+4Drive, +2ranks, +2dex
--+6Jump, +3ranks, +3str
--+4Hide, +2ranks, +2dex
--+4Move Silently, +2ranks, +2dex
--+3Pilot, +1rank, +2dex

Feats
--Simple weapon proficiency[given to tough/strong heroes]
--Advanced melee weapons proficiency
--Armor proficiency, light--[Death worlder bonus feat)
--Armor proficiency, medium
--Heroic Surge, (extra move or attack action 1/day)
--Endurance—[Bonus feat, tough hero]

Talents, Tough Hero: 1 at level 1
--Unbreakable talent tree--
--Remain Conscious—(Can continue making actions even when reduced to -1HP and effectively dying.

Talents, Strong Hero: 1 at level 1
--Overcome DR talent tree—
--Overcome DR, (ignore 2 points of DR or hardness towards armored foes or objects.)

Equipment:
--None

Armor:
--Full flak armor, light armor, Def(3), DR(3), -1 penalty, max dex 7, 30ft. speed, 20pnds.

Weapons:
--Chainsword
--Laspistol

Background:
Jason was once part of the Imperial Guard. Regiment 229, The White Mist. Hailing from planet Kaulox, nothing but a wasteland of frozen ice and acidic rain and rivers, it has probably been used for nothing other than a weapons testing facility its entire life. How or why anyone can survive there is unknown, but it is quite natural for anyone hailing from this planet to be unnaturally resilient. Hardened to tough environments and the cruelty the world these days can bring. As such, they make excellent soldiers of the Emperor in His Imperial Guard. For who else but one hailing from a world that brings death, could bring it to the enemies of mankind so effectively?

Jason excelled in the guard, becoming a major after only two years. Specializing in special operations, often at times with the famed Kasrkin; elite special forces operatives. Personally, Jason thinks those guys have their heads up their arse, but hey, at least they don’t try and get you killed like a new fish would. Then again….

Things seemed to go be going well in the guard. Aside of course from the constant battles on different worlds, and the never ending life of combat. He was to be a colonel soon, and it seemed his career would shine. Indeed. A guy that looks a Space Marine in full combat armor on steroids; with officer pins.

One day, as Jason and his unit were upon another world, fighting yet another battle for the Imperium, things did not go quite well. He was to take a position on the far southern flank; him and 200 men. The main force would (in ever prevalent guard fashion) assault in massive numbers with armor and air support, soaking up the fire while they went inside.

Getting inside was easy. Accomplishing the mission, not so. Blowing up the key facility and taking out the targets of the enemy, well, intel (as always) was so F*&^%$ up (as always) everything went to hell in a hand basket quicker than you could blink. Sure, the facility was blown. Sure, the targets were killed, but no one realized a few massive power generators and fusion shield generators had been daisy chained together underneath nearly the entire planet. As the facility was destroyed, apparently, emergency backup kicked in. The shields were energized, and they caused massive casualties. Many guardsmen and armor were caught within the energizing forces, instantly being cauterized and destroyed. All air power was effectively done for; crashing to the ground in a beautiful fireworks display.
Once finally over, Jason, being alive, (once again, in true guard fashion) was blamed for the seemingly entire failure of the operation by the general in charge. Lord General Kiersh Hiemdall. Sent to a crappy prison (thanks to imperial guard due process), yet finding his way out thanks to the shenanigans of a few others, Jason is now on a personal quest for revenge. He knows he may never find the general in his lifetime, but he’s got hope. And more than enough hate and anger to keep him going until the opportunity presents itself. Until then, he’ll happily sate himself momentarily on the blood and pain of everyone in his path.

Personality:
Jason loves to fight. He absolutely hates most anything non-human, but as it stands, being betrayed by the imperium, cast out as an outcast and treated like an unclean mutant, Jason has re-assesed his priorities. And as such, is particularly uninterested in personal loyalties and looks at the moment. Either you are with him, or part of his chainswords new look.

Description:
Jason appears to be the tough, unnaturally sadistic looking guy he makes out to be. His beard is thick with a goatee hanging about 3 inches in length. His muscles seem to literally rip out of his body and clothing, and quite simply, all he is missing is a heavy bolter with an extremely large ammo pack to complete his look. (Perhaps dreadnought armor as well.) For sure, someone must have made a set in his size no doubt.
Sativez

Fluff

History:
It is funny, really. If you are a mutant, you either become royalty, or an outcast. Instant judgment, based on nothing more than the random alteration of those double-helix molecules. Do you understand the logic here?

Great. Now explain it to me.

All I ever wanted was a normal life. Of course, as long as I am wishing, I may as well wish I was an Imperial Governor, with billions of credits and a trophy wife. My odds of getting either are about the same. “Normal” Ratlings are barely tolerated. If you have outsized ears, long legs, and extra digits, forget it. I am told my parents tossed me out the window right after I was born. I have since given a lot of thought as to whether or not it was lucky for me that they were on the ground floor at the time. Well, okay, it was lucky for sure-but was it good luck?

It was there, lying on the street, that I was found by Crimeias, who took me in and raised me as a son. He was both father and mentor to me. Or at least, until he disappeared, when I was about five or six. He just left one day and never returned, leaving me on my own. In the interest of brevity, I will spare you the details of a life of starvation, seeking cover from chem storms and acid rain, sleeping with one eye open, dodging pogroms, and I will certainly not tell of the times when things got bad.

I do remember the first time I killed a man. He must have forgotten something-why else would he have come back to his shop right after closing up? Well, he caught me, and we just stood there for a moment, blinking at each other. That was when I noticed the Stubpistol behind the counter. Reflexively, I snapped it up and shot him with it. It misfired on the third round, but the first two were enough to do the job. I had a realization then-it was like someone had turned on the lights for me-no longer would I have to run and hide and take crap from humans; rather, I could take the fight right back to them.

And it turned out the skills of disguise and stealth I had learned of necessity to avoid those trying to kill me proved very useful when I went to return the favor. For several years I stalked and killed those who sought to kill me. If I could be said to have a good part of my life, this would be it. For once, I actually had a purpose, rather than just trying to survive. And the handful of contract killings I did during this period paid a lot better than petty theft ever did.

Sadly, all good things come to an end. While I knew it was inevitable, I was unprepared for the speed at which it happened-I was captured no less than 36 standard hours after my last kill-the guy must have been more important than I had thought he was.
So now I sit is this cell, condemned to die by the Imperium, for making a living in the only way it let me.

There is no justice.

Description
Sativez is thin and lanky, and this effect is only augmented by his unnaturally long legs. Each of his extremities bears six digits. His eyes are blue, he keeps his black hair trimmed short, and his face is rugged from exposure. His ears resemble those of a bat.

Sativez seldom speaks, but never seems to be without an unkind word for anybody or anything. He is also not very trusting of people, but is exceedingly loyal to his few friends.

Crunch
Sativez
Gender and Race: Ratling Male
Size and Type: Small, Humanoid (Ratling)
Height and Weight: 3' 9", 47 lbs
ECL: Fast Hero 3
XP: 3550/6000
Background: Outcast (Diguise, Hide) (Endurance)
Allegiance: Self

Attributes
STR 5 (-3) [01 pts] [09 Base]
DEX 20 (+5) [10 pts] [16 Base]
CON 08 (-1) [04 pts] [12 Base]
INT 12 (+1) [04 pts] [12 Base]
WIS 14 (+2) [06 pts] [08 Base]
CHA 06 (-2) [00 pts] [06 Base]

Miscellaneous Statistics
Hit Points: 20/29 [2 HD] [21 (Fast1) + 4 (Fast2)+4 (Fast3)]
Massive Damage Threshold: 8 [08 Con]
Armor Class (Normal): 21 [10 Base, +5 Dex, +4 Defense, +1 Size, + 1 Untyped]
Armor Class (Touch): 21 [10 Base, +5 Dex, +4 Defense, +1 Size, + 1 Untyped]
Armor Class (Flat-Footed): 16 [10 Base, +4 Defense, +1 Size, + 1 Untyped]
Initiative: +5 [+5 Dex]
Base Attack Bonus: +2
Grapple: -5 [+2 BAB, -3 Str, -4 Size]
Speed (Land): 25 ft
Action Points: 11
Credit: +0
Weight Carried: 10 lbs, no encumbrance [0-12.5 (Light), 12.5-25 (Medium), 25-37.5(Heavy)]

Saves
Fortitude: +0 [-1 Con, +1 Fast]
Reflex: +7[+5 Dex, +2 Fast]
Will: +3 [+2 Wis, +1 Fast]

Melee Attacks
Unarmed Strike: +0, 1d2-3, (20/x2), bludgeoning [color=gray][-3 Str, +2 BAB, +1 Size]
Knife: +0, 1d4-3 (19-20/x2), slashing or piercing [-3 Str, +2 BAB, +1 Size]

Ranged Attacks

Lasgun: +8, 2d8 (19-20/x2), 65', Auto, AP 2, Energy [+5 Dex, +2 BAB, +1 Size]

Feats
Point Blank ShotLvl 1: +1 Attack and damge with rnaged weapons within 30'.
Far ShotRatling: Extended range increments.
EnduranceBackground: +4 to certain Constitution checks.
Simple Weapon Proficiency Fast 1: Can use simple weapons without penalty.
Personal Firearms ProficiencyFast 2: Can use firearms without penalty.
Advanced Firearms ProficiencyLvl 3: No penalty for using autofire
Talents
Evasion: No damage on succesful Reflex save.
Duck & Weave I: +1 bonus to defense in light/no armor.

Skills
Total Skill Points: 36
Languages: Low Gothic

Balance: +7 [+5 Dex, +2 Synergy]
Bluff: +0 [-2 Cha, 2 Ranks]
Climb: +1 [-3 Str, +2 Racial, 2 Ranks]
Disguise: +2 [-2 Cha, 4 Ranks]
Hide: +16 [+5 Dex, 6 Ranks, +4 Size, +1 Background]
Jump: -7 [-3 Str, -4 Speed]
Listen: +3 [+2 Wis, 1 Rank]
Move Silently: +13 [+5 Dex, 6 Ranks, +2 Racial]
Sleight of Hand: +11 [+5 Dex, 6 Ranks]
Tumble: +11 [+5 Dex, 6 Ranks]

Mutations
Ability Decay (Charisma): -2 to ability score
Echolocator: Blindsight 60'
Extra Digits: 6 fingers/toes per extremity
Large Ears: Large, bat-like ears
Long Legs: +5' Speed

Well, ain't that great, Sativez observes. We get dragged into a crossfire between the Inquisition and the gearheads, get shot at by psychotic robots, get stranded way the hell out in deep space, and now some wrecks our ride home.

I hate Mondays.
Gregory Level 3

Gregory
Gender and Race: Male, Human
Size and Type: Medium, Humanoid (Human)
Height and Weight: 6'0" 200
ECL: Fast Hero 1/Dedicated Hero 2
Background: Death Worlder (Hide, Move Silently) (Light Armor Proficiency)
Allegiance: Self, Imperium, Good.

Attributes
STR 12 (+1) [4 pts]
DEX 14 (+2) [6 pts]
CON 13 (+1) [5 pts]
INT 12 (+1) [4 pts]
WIS 14 (+2) [6 pts]
CHA 08 (-1) [0 pts]

Miscellaneous Statistics
Hit Points: 34 [2 HD] [24 (Fast1)+1 + 3 (Dedicated 1)+1 +4(Dedicated 2)]
Armor Class (Normal): 21 [10 Base, +2 Dex, +3 armor +5 Defense, +1 Untyped]
Armor Class (Touch): 21 [10 Base, +2 Dex, +5 Defense, +1 Untyped]
Armor Class (Flat-Footed): 19 [10 Base, +3 armor, +5 Defense, +1 Untyped]
Initiative: +3 [+2 Dex]
Base Attack Bonus: +1
DR: 3/- (Full Flak Armor)
Grapple: +2 [+1 BAB, +1 Str]
Speed (Land): 30 ft
Action Points:
Credit: +0
Weight Carried: 23 lbs, no encumbrance [ up to 33 lb. (Light), 34-66 lb (Medium), 67-100 lb (Heavy)]
Full Flak Armor 20lbs
Lasgun 2lb
Knife 1lb

Saves
Fortitude: +3 [+1 Con, +0 Fast, +2 Dedicated]
Reflex: +3 [+2 Dex, +1 Fast, +0 Dedicated]
Will: +4 [+2 Wis, +0 Fast, +2 Dedicated]

Melee Attacks
Unarmed Strike: +2, , (20/x2), bludgeoning [+1 Str, +1 BAB]

Ranged Attacks
Lasgun +3, 2d8 19-20 45 ft. Auto 7 lb. Energy AP 2
[Dex +2, BAB +1]

Feats
Simple Weapon Proficiency Fast 1 Can use simple weapons.
Light Armor Proficiency [occupation] Can wear light armor proficiently
Personal Firearms Proficiency [Human 1]
Advanced Firearms Proficiency [Level 1]
Starship Operation: (Light) [Level 3]
Mystical Heritage [Dedicated 2]

Talents
Duck & Weave +1: +1 bonus to AC in light/no armor.
Mystic Power: Mystic Psyker Level 1

Skills
Total Skill Points: 24+6+6=36
Languages: Gothic

Balance: +4 [+2 Dex, 2 Ranks]
Climb: +3 [+1 Str, 2 Ranks]
Drive: +6 [+2 Dex, 4 Ranks]
Escape Artist: +6 [+2 Dex, 4 Ranks]
Investigate +1 [+1 Int, 0 Ranks]
Hide: +7 [+2 Dex, 4 Ranks,+1 misc]
Knowledge (religion) +1 [+1 Int, 0 Ranks]
Knowledge (Theology and philosophy): +3 [+1 Int, 2 Ranks]
Listen +6 [+2 Dex, 4 Ranks]
Jump: +1 [+1 Str, 0 Ranks]
Move Silently: +7 [+2 Dex, 4 Ranks, +1 misc]
Pilot +4 [+2 Dex, 2 Ranks]
Psychic Sense: +3 [+2 Wis, 1 Ranks]
Ride: +2 [+2 Dex, 0 Ranks]
Sense Motive +7 [+2 Wis, 5 Ranks]
Sleight of Hand: +2 [+2 Dex, 0 Ranks]
Spot +2 [+2 Wis, 0 Ranks]
Swim: +1 [+1 Str, 0 Ranks]
Tumble: +2 [+2 Dex, 0 Ranks]
Treat Injury +3 [+2 Wis, 1 Ranks]

New Feats and Skills

Starship Operation: Light
Mystical Heritage
2 ranks pilot
2 ranks Theology
1 ranks Listen
1 ranks Psychic Sense
Going for Seer advanced Class
Took average of d6 HD +1 from con for 4 HP
Level in Dedicated Hero
Well, it is not like we have any real choice. Lets dock with the thing and see what we can find. Hopefully there is a section of the ship that still has atmosphere and some food, cause we are not going to make it too much further in this thing.

What type of check would it take to see if Rictor could figure out a way to recharge the BFG?

Also, what type of equipment did the guardsmen have? I think we had enough time to check that out before arriving here.
Wash: "Yeah well, if she doesn't give us some extra flow from the engine room to offset the burn through, this landing is gonna get pretty interesting." Mal: "Define interesting." Wash: "Oh god oh god we're all gonna die?" Mal: "This is the captain. We have a...little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then...explode."
Inquisition?! You boys are on your own if they show up. I got plans, and I'm not about to have a conversation with those nutjob zealots.

So where in the hell are we off to anyways? Anyone have a plan?

What kind of ship are we on again exactly?
Well how the hell'd you get here then? Is it cause of that general guy you mentioned earlier? Then again you are just as screwed as the rest of us if they find you with us.
The BFG was never meant to be recharged from a standard outlet. It would need a power regulator to charge the thing. That'd be craft (electronic) check at moderate complexity.

P.S. You are on a small Imperial shuttle of the kind used to transfer troops from ship to ship.

The shuttle approaches one of the larger hull breaches located just behind the cockpit of the garbage transport. It is an incredibly tight fit and the wings on the shuttle actually scrape the side. Despite this, the team is inside the structure.

After flying through a confusing maze of ruptured hull plates and collapsed service corridors, the shuttle comes to rest with its nose protruding into the main access corridor for the bridge. The door to the command center is on one end of the corridor and an elevator to the rest of the ship is at the other.
I hate to bug you about it, but I looked up the DC's in the book and they don't have moderate listed. I was trying to get an idea of how difficult it would be. Average is DC 10, Tough is DC 15 and Challenging in DC 20. If I had to guess I would go with Tough or Challenging as what you meant by moderate. If it is Tough, then during the trip, if it is okay with you, and you deam he can scrounge up the needed parts, he will take 10 for a Craft - Electronics check of 17. I am not sure I want to try if it is Challenging or above. Would a failur by 5 or more cause damage to the weapon or just fail? I am figuring he would be able to determine this by studying it. But if you decide he won't know till he tries that is fine too.

I take it the guardsmen had nothign of interest on them, like armor or weapons? I am a scrounge for equipmetn especially when we pretty much started with nothing and what we currently have is actually considered antiques. ;)
In the 41st millennium, there's really no such thing as progress. The equipment the team has now and current Imperial equipment are separated by looks only. Performance is practically identical.

I meant a moderate craft check. DC 20 and 12hr work time (I figure a power inverter for a piece of classified equipment would be about as complicated as a radio).
That explains that. I ready the basic overall description of the DC ratings at the beginning of the skills chapter, not the actual skill. Reading over that section it does not appear I will do anything other than waste time if I try, so I will go ahead and make the check. I am asusming we had 12 hours during which time he could work. I do not recall how long you said, or if you said, it would take us to reach the ship.

Finger are crossed.

During the trip, Rictor messes with the big gun they found to see if he can figure out how to recharge it.

Craft-Electronics: 13

After many hours playing with it, his attempt to recharge the weapon fails as it actually causes the power supply he found to overoad with a back feed. There is a loud bang sound and Rictor comes walking out of the cargo hold coughing with black soot all over his face.

I'll change that description if you deam something else happened.
Actually, considering the (lack of) technolgical advancement in the 41st Milennium, something that gets left in a locker for a few thousand years is likely to be superior to anything fresh off the factory line.

Also, is there some sort of armor that would fit Sativez-or could be made to fit?
Well how the hell'd you get here then?

I took a vacation.

Is it cause of that general guy you mentioned earlier?

Who? Jasons eyes flare up for a moment, murderous intent all across his body at the mention of "The General."

Then again you are just as screwed as the rest of us if they find you with us.

Yeah, right. Whatever you say.
Hell of a vacation spot I have to say, then again there are those types who like to get run into the ground on their vacations... Gregory shakes his head.
So, you want me to land this thing and open her up? Gregory says realizing he brought the shuttle in without thinking about it.....
Maybe we should all just suit back up here before we go exploring. We might be able to even use that Chimera to drive around inside the ship.... that full day of running around inside the colony kinda tired me out.... anyone have a problem if we set up a rotating watch and get some rest? Says Gregory suppressing a yawn.
Depends how long it took us to get to the ship as to whether I will agree to resting now. We may have had plenty of time to rest on the way.
Can't you just adjust the monitoring stations on the ship? That way, if anything is opened, an alarm should sound. Or at the least, a loud and annoying klaxon will sound from the control panel.

I'm tired myself. So I plan on getting some rest. Besides, I've been in enough situations where I don't have to worry about getting sneaked up on as I sleep.

No succesful attempts yet.
Depends how long it took us to get to the ship as to whether I will agree to resting now. We may have had plenty of time to rest on the way.

The journey over took several hours (about 6). Plenty of time to rest and recover.
With everyone rested and recovered, Rictor agrees that they should wear their environment suits. He checks to see if he can find one for Jason to wear.

Once everyone is ready, then he recommends that they try to command center first.
Okay. What the hell are we doing and why? Is there any plan at all or what?
May as well start with the bridge, since we're here already, Sativez agrees, suiting up.
Sounds like a starting point for the plan to me.
Everyone would need environmental suits. The ship is open to space in several places.

Also, the bridge is a good place to go. I'll hurry it along so we can get somewhere

The team piles out of the shuttle and heads for the bridge. Hopefully then can get some information on what caused the damage, as well as the current status of the engines. The ship appears completely deserted.

The door to the bridge has been compromised. There is a hole big enough to walk through bored straight through it. The metal around the rim of the hole looks melted and irregular. The hole could have been made by a melta-gun, or perhaps by an acid of some kind. Regardless of cause, the door is effectively open.

As the team steps through Gregory accidentally brushes the side of the hole with his hand. His body immediately goes stiff and his eyes snap open, staring into empty space. To the rest of the team it appears he's having some kind of seizure but the truth is far stranger.

Gregory is suddenly floating in space. He's not sure where he is but he knows something important's about to happen. Gradually his surroundings begin to resolve themselves. He's watching one of the ship's waste tanks from the inside. With a sixth sense he never knew he possessed he detects a malevolent presence stirring in the ooze. There is a flash of arcane power and then it happens. Shapes begin emerging from the tank, shapes vaguely like men but far too horrible. Unspeakable lesions adorn every square inch of skin, oozing pus in a variety of colors. They climb the walls of the tank and break out into the ship. Gregory refuses to remember what happened next, the slaughter. Suffice it to say that every human on the ship was killed...or worse. One of the monstrosities destroyed the entire bridge crew by releasing a stream of corrosive bile that burned through the blast doors in seconds as well as the men behind.

Gregory comes out of his trance, most likely dazed and definitely disturbed.
Sorry its been a busy week. Anyways I'm out of town till saturday so I won't be posting again until then at the earliest.
I was trying to let someone else respond to this developement first.

Upon seeing Gregory freeze up, Rictor quickly moves forward to start looking him over and see if he can figure out what happened. No sooner does he start, then Gregory snaps out of it.

You okay? What happened? You kind of froze for a moment. I thought you had been hit by a poison trap or something.
I wish it were something that simple.... There's been some bad mojo on this ship.... Things done that I can't and won't find the words to describe.... Right about now I want to go scrub my brain in a vat of acid. But what we need to do is purify this ship with fire!

On an off note that kinda reminds me of this http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0249.html well the disturbing mental images anyways.
Keeping a hand on his laspistol, Jason aks...

Make sure you keep us informed if something like that happens again.
Rictor will continue into the bridge and look around to see if it is totally trashed or not. He is most concerned with the equipment right now.
That's great. Now, can we get movin' so we can get this over with already? Sativez creeps forward carefully, his head on a swivel. Once again, his echolocation abilities that would have done the heavy lifting here was blinded. He silently vowed to never set foot on a spaceship again when this whole mess was over.
Yeah lets get moving... And don't worry I'll let you know

Anyway we can drive the tank through the ship? How wide are the corridors?
Sorry, the corridors are too narrow to drive a tank through. You might be able to force through some of them, but most are definitely too small.

Simply, the bridge is a mess. Debris are strewn everywhere and most of the control panels are either shorted out or flickering erratically. Strangely (or fortunately, in Gregory's case), there is no sign of the previous crew.

It looks like a couple of the functioning panels are displaying ship condition. That might be a good place to start.

Kinda strange how both Necrons and Chaos descend on the same system within days of each other.
Rictor walks over to take a look at the intact panels and see what the status of the ship is.
Sativez silently keeps watch while Rictor works.

Kinda strange how both Necrons and Chaos descend on the same system within days of each other.

Or is it? DUN dun dunnnn...
;)
Gregory walks slowly into the bridge, careful not to brush up against anything should the visions start again at a critical point.
Jason takes a look at the readouts on all of the control panels, looking to see what they say and garner any information he can from them.
I am hoping that demented is just away for the holidays and will be back.
Agreed, besides this is a busy time of year.... and back home I don't have reliable internet access
Much as I would like to think that, he has not logged on since the 12th. Seems a bit excessive for the holidays. I would like to be wrong on this, though.

Oh, and Merry Christmas.
As much as I hate to admit it, it looks like demented has left the boards all together. Hope all is okay with him, but I think we can call this thread dead.

If you make it back, I am willing to continue on with this game.