Star Wars - A Different Shade of Evil (part 2)

Ok, before I start, I'd just like to say Welcome, and Blessed Be.
I'm Zoe, I will be your GM for this game.
"approved by seTiny" somewhere

Setting
Now, this is very much an Infinities game. Star Wars as we know it never happened.
No-one who had a speaking part in any of the 6 movies exists in this timeline (except for Master Danen who is a slightly-younger version of Master Yoda... and the Confederacy leaders because I couldn't be bothered to re-name them).

Anyway, for over a thousand years, the Old Republic ruled the galaxy in relative peace. Aside from a few pirate gangs, the odd warlord plaguing the outlying systems, and a bit of trouble with the Mandalorians, things were nice and quiet. People were mostly happy with their lives and the politicians were only slightly corrupt.

13 years ago, everything changed. The Trade Federation, having built up an unnecessarily large army to "fend off pirates", invaded Alderaan. On that day, Supreme Chancellor Bek Kallas was assassinated.
His deputy, Vice Chancellor Mal Hassna ordered the Jedi and the Judicial Forces to liberate Alderaan, which they did at some cost. Viceroy Gunray was taken into custody, the Trade Federation were ordered to disband, and the Jedi knew that the Sith had returned and began to actively search for them
(Like the aftermath of Episode 1)

2 years later (11 years ago), the Trade Federation, Corporate Alliance, Intergalactic Banking Clan, Techno Union, and the Commerce Guild formed the Corporate Confederacy and launched their bid to take over the Republic. Initial battles went badly as the Jedi and the Judicial Defence Force were greatly outnumbered.
About a month into the war, Chancellor Mal Hassna and Vice-Chancellor Taman Golvar were contacted by the Kaminoan government and presented with a vast clone army.

For 6 years, the Corporate War (also known as the Great War) raged across the galaxy before the Confederacy leaders tried to sue for peace. Most of the Jedi Order was recalled to Coruscant along with the entire Senate... with three exceptions. (Senator Franik Antilles of Alderan, Senator Ok'tra Sei'lya of Bothawui, and Vice-Chancellor Taman Golvar were absent on compassionate grounds due to the death of family members).
With the Senate in session, a new Victory class Star Destroyer mysteriously entered Coruscant's atmosphere and exploded, wiping out the Government District and the Jedi Temple.
Within minutes, the Vice Chancellor was all over the Holonet, claiming that the Jedi had destroyed themselves and the government in a failed coup. He immediately announced the reformation of the Republic as the Empire, appointed himself Emperor, and declared the Jedi illegal, issuing orders for their immediate extermination.
The military obeyed the order, wiping out all but a handful of the Jedi.

In the chaos that followed, galactic communications were sabotaged, essentially silencing the galaxy for 3 months and requiring the entire Imperial military to fall back to the Core Worlds.

Once communications were restored, Senators Antilles and Sei'lya were calling Golvar's Empire an illegitimate government and demanding the restoration of the Old Republic.
Several worlds began to back them, and the Alliance to Restore the Republic was formed.
(Can you see where I'm going with this?)
The following planets are openly part of the Rebellion.

Mon Calamari, Ithor, Kashyyyk, Dantooine*, Naboo, Sullust, Manaan, Bothawui, Chalacta

Alderaan and Caamas support the Rebellion but remain under the iron grip of the Empire.
Corellia's government doesn't much care either way, but a large number of the population have left to join up.

Just about everywhere else except the really remote planets are either Imperial-held or Neutral.

While the Government District of Coruscant is rebuilt, Emperor Golvar, Grand Vizier Darth Shadus, and the rest of the Imperial High Command are ruling from Anaxes, the Defender of the Core.

*Because of Dantooine's remote location and primitive natives, it is the ideal location of a secret Rebel base.

In recent months, a new generation of heroes have joined the Rebellion, recruited by Wes Blake and Arrisa Nol.
The young heroes acquited themselves admirably on the Golden Stars and began to learn the ways of the Force with Arrisa as their guide.

The heroes' next mission was to Onderon, a planet on the brink of a momentus decision; to join the Empire or the Rebellion. Despite terrible losses, the heroes were successful, gaining new friends and saving Onderon from destruction at the hands of ambitious local traitors and the might of the Empire. Unfortunately, one of the heroes was captured by the Empire, along with the Ithorian diplomat; Tomla Habat.
Their rescue is now a highest priority...
It's morphin time! ...Oh wait, wrong universe. Now where did I put my lightsabre? Winner of "You Build the Character 16 - Wedge Antilles" and "You Make the ... Contest 3 - Elite Forces"
Thread/Table Rules
1. You do not post in the IC thread unless you have a character. Anyone else who wants to comment on what we're doing, they post it here in the OOC thread or start a new thread.

2. I am thy GM, my word is law. If you think I made a bad call, PM me, but no b!tching in public.

3. The whole point of this is that we have fun. Just because we are not in close geographical proximity, doesn't mean we can't have a good game.

4. Post frequency - as often as you can. The only time it really, definately matters that things happen in a certain order is during combat or other initiative-dependent times.
4a. Mininum of one post per 48 hours. If you keep me waiting for too long, I will get upset.

5. If you're going to be away for a while, let me know so I can plan accordingly.

6. Levelling up: Anything you want to add at each level must be justified by ic work/actions/RPing.

House Rules
1. Base Lightsabre Damage is increased to 2d10 for a standard lightsabre, and 2d8 for a short lightsabre.
That's all I feel the need to change from the RAW w/ errata.

2. The Dark Side. If you get enough DSPs to be Dark, you will have a length of time roughly equivalent to one session to start on the path to redemption, preferably helped by the party.

At any time that you are with my Jedi Knight NPC, I shall use the fair warning policy IC, telling you through her that actions worthy of a DSP are wrong. If you choose to diregard her, you will get a DSP. If she's not around, I'll warn you the standard GM way of "that would be evil enough to warrant a Dark Side Point. Do you really want to do it?"

Edit: Multi-classing restriction. Unless you can provide a very, very good reason, you cannot multiclass until after 2nd level

Character Creation
After careful consideration (read, someone asked for it), characters shall be created using the point buy method with 36 points for abilities.

Starting goods and cash value up to the maximum for your class at level 1 + 500 credits per level thereafter... unless of course you take the Wealth talent, in which case you get more... and the rest of the party bugs you for money.
All new characters at 1 level lower than the rest of the party.
The only restrictions are as follows.
You can't start as a 1st level Jedi without a very good reason (You can however take Jedi as a level after 1st but the whole "good reason" thing still applies.
If you want to be Force Sensitive, you MUST take the Force Sensitivity feat at 1st level. No matter how clueless you are about your potential, you still have it.
For each level after the first, use fixed hitpoints;
4 + Con mod for d6
6 + Con mod for d8
8 + Con mod for d10
10 + Con mod for d12
Edit: Restricted Races.
No Ewoks or Chiss or Ssi-Ruu (they haven't been discovered yet)
It's morphin time! ...Oh wait, wrong universe. Now where did I put my lightsabre? Winner of "You Build the Character 16 - Wedge Antilles" and "You Make the ... Contest 3 - Elite Forces"

Character Sheets

Arrisa Nol (age 24) CL10
Medium Human Jedi 8, Ace Pilot 2
Destiny 9; Force 10; Dark Side 0; XP 47450
Init +15; Senses - Perception +13
Languages: Basic, Huttese, Shyriiwook
Defences: Ref 29 (flat-footed 24), Fort 25, Will 24
Deflect, Lightsabre Defence
HP 128; Threshold 25
Speed 6 squares
Melee: +15 Lightsabre (2d10+7) or +13 Lightsabre (2d10+6) and +13 Lightsabre (2d10+6)
Ranged: +14 (by weapon)
Base Attack +9; Grapple +14
Force Powers Known (Use the Force +17): Force Thrust, Mind Trick, Move Object, Surge
Starship Manoeuvres Known (Use the Force +17): Attack Formation Zeta Nine, Devastating Hit, Snap Roll, Target Sense
Special Actions: Vehicle Dodge +1
Abilities: Str 12; Dex 20; Con 16; Int 16; Wis 16; Cha 15.
Talents: Deflect, Elusive Target, Force Pilot, Lightsabre Defence, Vehicular Evasion.
Feats: Acrobatic Strike, Dual Weapon Mastery 1, Dual Weapon Mastery 2, Force Sensitivity, Force Training, Melee Defence, Skill Focus - Use the Force, Starship Tactics, Vehicular Combat, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Proficiency (lightsabres, simple weapons)
Skills: Acrobatics +15, Initiative +15, Knowledge (Galactic lore) +13, Perception +13, Pilot +15, Use the Force +17.
Possessions: purple-bladed lightsabre (self-crafted), pink-bladed lightsabre (self-crafted), blue-bladed lightsabre, Jedi robes, Jedi utility belt (includes comlink), flight suit, field kit, X-Wing Fighter with R2 Astromech (K9).

Wes Blake (age 35) CL9
Medium Human Soldier 3, Noble 5, Ace Pilot 1.
Destiny 5; Force 10; Dark Side 0; XP 36180
Init +13; Senses - Perception +12
Languages: Basic, Huttese, Shyriiwook, Gunganese, Ryl, Sullustese, Muun, Selkath
Defences: Ref 28 (flat-footed 23), Fort 25, Will 24
HP 90; Threshold 25
Speed 6 squares
Melee: +7 unarmed (1d6+5) or
Ranged: +10 heavy blaster pistol (3d8+4) or Ranged: +10 holdout blaster (3d4+4)
Starship Manoeuvres known (Pilot +18): Attack Pattern Delta, Devastating Hit, Evasive Action, Shield Hit
Base Attack +6; Grapple +10
Abilities: Str 12; Dex 18; Con 14; Int 16; Wis 17; Cha 19.
Talents: Battle Analysis, Born Leader, Fearless Leader, Inspire Confidence, Armoured Defence, Vehicular Evasion
Feats: Armour Proficiency (light, medium), Linguist, Martial Arts 1, Melee Defence, Skill Training (Persuasion), Skill Focus [Pilot, Persuasion, Knowledge (Tactics)], Starship Tactics, Vehicular Combat, Weapon Proficiency (pistols, rifles, simple weapons)
Skills: Initiative +13, Knowledge (Tactics) +17, Mechanics +12, Perception +12, Persuasion +18, Pilot +18, Treat Injury +12, Use Computer +12
Possessions: Padded Flight Suit (+1 Fort), heavy blaster pistol, holdout blaster, medpac, R2 Astromech (Rover), heavily modified Naboo N1 Starfighter (Liberator), encrypted comlink, stolen Stormtrooper armour (+2 Fort)

Hrabacca (age 215) CL9
Medium Wookiee Scout 9.
Destiny 2; Force 9; Dark Side 0; XP 42135
Init +7; Senses - Perception +10
Languages: Basic, Huttese, Ithorese, Shyriiwook
Defences: Ref 24 (flat-footed 21), Fort 24, Will 20
HP 117; Threshold 29
Speed 6 squares
Melee: +11 Ryyk blade (1d12+9) or +8 Ryyk Blade with Power Attack 5, and Rage (1d12+16)
Ranged: +9 Bowcaster (3d10+4)
Base Attack +6; Grapple +11
Abilities: Str 21; Dex 16; Con 18; Int 14; Wis 13; Cha 10.
Talents: Acute Senses, Evasion, Improved Initiative, Improved Stealth, Uncanny Dodge 1.
Feats: Improved Damage Threshold, Point-Blank Shot, Power Attack, Shake It Off, Skill Focus (Pilot, Survival), Skill Training (Perception), Toughness, Vehicular Combat, Weapon Proficiencies (pistols, rifles, simple weapons)
Skills: Climb +14*, Endurance +13, Initiative +7**, Knowledge (Galactic lore) +11, Mechanics +11, Perception +10**, Persuasion +4**, Pilot +17, Stealth +12, Survival +15. * may take 10 even when threatened or distracted. ** may re-roll, keeping second result.
Possessions: Ryyk blade, Bowcaster, Field Kit, Survival Gear, Heavily modified YT-1300 freighter (Syren's Heart)
Torren Kast CL 6
Medium Male Human Scout 2/Jedi 4 Exp 19985
Age 18 Height 1.82m Weight 82kg
Destiny 3; Force 2; Dark Side
Init +10; Senses Perception +10
Languages Basic, Binary (understood only), Huttese, Shiiriwook (understood only)
---------------------------------------------------
Defenses Ref 21 (flat-footed 18), Fort 18, Will 19
hp 68 (68); Threshold 18
Speed 6 squares
Melee Lightsaber +9 (2d10+4) or
Lightsaber +9 (2d10+5) two handed
Stun Baton +8 (1d6+4 / 2d6+4 stun)
Ranged Blaster Rifle +8 (3d10+3/3d10+3 stun),
Blaster pistol, Heavy +8 (3d10+3 / 3d10+3 stun)
Base Attack +5; Grp +8
Atk Options
Special Actions Deflect, Evasion, Shake it Off
Force Powers (Use the Force +14) Battle Strike, Farseeing, Force Thrust, Force Slam, Move Object, Rebuke, Surge, Vital Transfer
Abilities Str 12(+1), Dex 16(+3), Con 13(+1) Int 16(+3), Wis 14(+2), Cha 13(+1)
Talents Evasion, Deflect, Force Scholar
Feats Force Sensitive, Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, pistols, rifles, simple), Skill Focus (Mechanics, Stealth, Use the Force), Shake it Off, Force training (2), Weapon Finesse
Skills Acrobatics +11, Endurance +9, Knowledge(Galactic Lore) +11*, Mechanics +16, Perception +10, Initiative +10, Stealth +16, Survival +10, Use the Force +14
Possessions BlasTech A280 "Longblaster" Accurate, Heavy Blaster Rifle, BlasTech DT-12 heavy blaster pistol, datapad, stun baton, lightsaber (dark smoky-grey blade, stygium crystal), field kit (2 condensing canteens, sunshield roll, 7 day food supply, 24 filters, 12 atmosphere canisters, glow rod (x3), breath mask (x2), all-temperature cloak),security kit, utility belt (3 day food supply, medpac, tool kit, power pack (x19), energy cell, long-range comlink, liquid cable dispenser with grappling hook (15ft)), auquata breather, bandolier, credit chip, hip holster, Frag Grenades (5), Stun Grenades (5) Jedi credit (150 credits)

***Travis's confiscated gear
comlink, datapad (encrypted), shield belt, blaster with holster.

*May reroll Jedi, Sith and Force Traditions knowledge checks

Stygium
Description: The stygium mineral can be used to create cloaking effects that foil enemy sensors. In its pure crystal form, it is suitable for a lightsaber.
Benefit: Grants a +1 to attack rolls, and a +3 bonus to Stealth rolls.
Or (as per the game stats) +1 to hit, +1 Dex, +4 Stealth
Suck it up and drive on.
Kistra Norvasc CL 7
Female Human Scoundrel 3 Jedi 4
Age 19 Height 1.7m Weight 65kg
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Str.8 -1 Dex.16 +3 Con.10 +0 Int.16 +3 Wis.14 +2 Cha.16 +3
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Defense
Fort: 18=10+0+7+1 Hit Points:65 current = 65 Perception: +10
Ref: 22=10+3+7+2 Threshold 15 Base attack: +5
Will: 20=10+2+7+1 Speed: 6 Init: +5 Force points: 8

Destiny: 6
Dark Side Points: 0

Attacks:
Hold Out Blaster +8 (3d4+3)
Hold Out Blaster, Aimed +9 (3d4+3)
Heavy Blaster +8 (3d8+3)
Heavy Blaster, Aimed +9 (3d8+3)
Lightsaber +8 (2d10+3)
Unarmed +8(1d4+2)
------------------------------------------------------------
Feats:
Force Sensitive, WP(Lightsaber, Simple, Pistols), Point Blank Shot, Careful Shot, Precise Shot, SF Stealth, Quick Draw, Force Training, Weapon Finesse

Force Powers:
Move Object, Mind Trick, Surge,

Talents:
Knack, Sneak Attack +1d6, Deflect, Clear Mind
Skills Trained:
Persuasion +11, Gather Information +11, Perception +10, Stealth +16, Mechanics +11, Use Computer +11, Deception +11, Use the Force +11
Languages: Basic, Huttese, Binary, Shiirywook
Credits: 150
Equipment:Hold-Out Blaster (Concealed), 10 Energy Cells, Utility Belt, Security Kit, Field Kit, Blas Tech DL-44, two holsters
Xan Kirne CL 7
Medium Male Human Con-Artist
scoundrel 3/soldier 2/scout 1/jedi 1
Age 14; Height 1.32m; Weight 35kg
Skin Dark Tan; Eyes Viridian; Hair Blonde
Destiny 4; Force 8; Dark Side 0
Init +10; Senses Perception +10
Languages Basic, Shyriiwook, Binary, Yanibarian
------------------------------
Defenses Ref 21 (flat-footed 19), Fort 19, Will 20
hp 56; Threshold 19
Speed 6 squares
Melee vibrosword +7 (2d8+5) or
Melee vibrosword +7 (2d8+7) with both hands
Ranged Diskblade +7 (1d8+5)
Base Atk +5; Grp +8
Atk Options Point Blank Shot, Dastardly Strike
Special Actions Telekinetic Savant, Recover Diskblade, Force Focus
Force Powers Known (Use the Force +15) surge, move object, mind trick
Abilities Str 14, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 16, Wis 15, Cha 15
Talents Fool's Luck, Dastardly Strike, Telekinetic Savant, Recover Diskblade, Force Focus
Feats Point Blank Shot, Weapon Proficiency (advanced melee weapons, pistols, simple weapons, rifles), Armor Proficiency (light), Force Sensitivity, Skill Focus (Deception), Force Training, Skill Focus (Use the Force), Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Diskblade)
Skills Acrobatics +10, Deception +15, Gather Information +10, Initiative +10, Knowledge (Galactic Lore) +11, Perception +10, Stealth +10, Use the Force +15
Possessions diskblade, vibrosword, frag grenade (x4), credit chip (2,990 credits), datapad, blank datacards (10), pocket scrambler, utility belt (3 day food supply, medpac, tool kit, power pack, energy cell (x3), glow rod, miniaturized long-range comlink, liquid cable dispenser), all-temperature cloak
Note:numbers in parentheses reflect thrown discblades using Point Blank Shot.

Jayce Hayden CL 7
Medium Male Human Zeison Sha Warrior
Scout 3/Soldier 4
Age 22; Height 1.74m; Weight 76kg
Skin Strong Tan; Eyes Black; Hair Black
Destiny 5; Force 8; Dark Side 0
Init +11; Senses Perception +10
Languages Basic, Yanibarian
Defenses Ref 23 (flat-footed 19), Fort 20, Will 19
hp 75; Threshold 20
Speed 6 squares
Melee Diskblade +8 (1d8+5) or
Melee Diskblade +6 (2d8+5) with Rapid Strike or
Melee Diskblade +3/+3 (1d8+5) with Duel Weapon Mastery I
Melee Unarmed +8 (1D6+6) or
Melee Unarmed +6 (2d6+6) with Rapid Strike
Ranged Diskblade +9(10) [1d8+5(6)]
Base Atk +6; Grp +9
Atk Options Point Blank Shot, Rapid Strike
Special Actions Recover Diskblade, Force Shield, Telekinetic Savant, Equilibrium
Force Powers Known (Use the Force +10) move object, battle strike, surge
Abilities Str 14, Dex 17, Con 13, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 14
Talents Telekinetic Savant, Recover Diskblade, Equilibrium, Force Shield
Feats Weapon Proficiency (pistols, simple weapons, rifles), Shake it Off, Force Sensitivity, Force Training, Point Blank Shot, Armor Proficiency (light), Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Diskblade), Martial Arts I, Dual Weapon Mastery I, Rapid Strike
Skills Endurance +9, Initiative +11, Knowledge (galactic lore) +9, Perception +10, Stealth +11, Survival +10, Use the Force +10
Possessions Diskblade (x2), knife, utility belt (3 day food supply, medpac, tool kit, power pack, energy cell, glow rod, miniaturized long-range comlink, liquid cable dispenser), datapad, hand-made clothes and backpack, earthen all-temperature cloak, cred chip (800), pocket scrambler, combat gloves, Zeison Sha Field Kit (two condensing canteens with built-in water purification systems, a sunshield roll, a weeks worth of rations, two glow rods, two breath masks, 24 filters, 12 atmospheric canisters, and an all temperature cloak), hip hanger x2 (Diskblade x2), concealed boot sheath (knife DC 21)
Kanwarr
Male Wookie Scout 1/Jedi 3/Soldier 3 Level 7
Age 17 Height 2.4m Weight 121kg
Str.20 +5 Dex.14 +2 Con.14 +2 Int.12 +1 Wis.12 +1 Cha.10 +0
Defense
Fort: 23=10+4+7+2 Hit Points: 86 (Current: 38) Percep: +9
Ref: 22=10+2+8+2 (20 Raging) Threshold 23 Base attack: +6
Will: 19=10+1+7+1 Speed: 6 Init: +10
Force points: 2

Destiny: 0
Dark Side Points: 0

Current Condition: 0

Attacks:
Lightsaber +10 (2d10+13)
Lightsaber, Raging +15 (2d10+18)

Ryyk Blade +10 (1d12+8)
Ryyk Blade, Raging +15 (1d12+12)

Unarmed Strike +10 (1d3+8)
Unarmed Strike, Raging +15 (1d3+13)

Lightsaber/Ryyk Blade +5/+5 (2d10+8/1d12+8)
Lightsaber/Ryyk Blade, Raging +10/+10 (2d10+13/1d12+13)

Bowcaster +7 (3d10+3)
Feats:
Force Sensitive, Dual Weapon Mastery, WP (Lightsabers, Simple, Pistols, Rifles), Extra Rage, Armor Proficiency: Light, Dread Rage, Skill Focus (Stealth), Shake It Off

Talents:
Clear Mind, Armored Defense, Equilibrium, DR 10, Force Recovery
Skills Trained:
Use the Force +8, Initiative +10, Stealth +15, Perception +9, Survival +9, Endurance +10
Languages: Basic, Shiiriwook, Ithorian
Credits: 170
Equipment:
Lightsaber (handle wrapped in killik leather, various bone charms hanging from it on leather thongs, blade bone white) * 2d10+8 crit 20 type E 1kg
Glow rod (3) * 30cr 2.0kg
Bowcaster
Modified Armor
2 Ryyk Blades (Cortosis Alloy)
Field Kit * 10 kg
Last but not least; ;p

Cruix E’Melil
Medium Male Miraluka Soldier 4, Scoundrel 3
Age 20, Height 1.80m, Weight 72kg
Destiny 6; Force 11; Dark Side 1 XP ?????
Init +9; Senses Perception +8
Languages Miraluka, Basic, Shyriiwook, Binary
------------------------------------------------------------------
Defenses Ref 22 (flat-footed 19), Fort 19, Will 20
hp 66 ; Threshold 19
--------------------------------
Speed 6 squares
Melee whip +9 (1d6+3 Beat Fortitude defense goes -1 down condition track) or
Melee vibrodagger +9 (2d4+3)
Ranged modified sporting blaster pistol +9 (3d4+3 / 3d8+3 stun)
Base Attack +6; Grp +11
Force Powers known (Use the Force +15) Farseeing, Force Slam, Vital Transfer
Abilities Str 10, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 15, Cha 14
Talents Expert Grappler, Damage Reduction 10, Dastardly Strike, Force Perception
Feats Armor Proficiency (light, medium), Combat Reflexes, Force Boon, Force Sensitivity, Force Training, Point-Blank Shot, Skill Focus (Treat Injury), Weapon Finesse, Weapon Proficiency (pistols, rifles, simple), Skill Focus (UTF)
Skills Initiative +11, Knowledge (tactics) +10, Perception +10, Treat Injury +15, Use The Force +15
Possesions heavy blaster pistol, credit chip (210 credits), field kit, breath mask (2), all-temperature cloak, holster (hip), utility belt, medpac, power pack (2), energy cell, comlink, short range, liquid cable dispenser, aquata breather, bandolier, whip, vibrodagger
Downtime summary

Over the course of the month, Arrisa, Blake, and the young Jedi spent most of their time training for the upcoming mission; refining their techniques, obtaining the necesary information and materials, etc.

Among other things, Arrisa had Torren and Kistra sparring with their lightsabres a lot as well as practicing against remotes.
She also continued to take an active hand in Torren's pilot training.

A wonderful, though not mission-critical piece of news is that Arrisa is pregnant with Torren's child.

<>
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

STAR WARS
A Different Shade of Evil - Episode 3
Into the Pit of Despair

The Rebel Alliance has scored a victory over the evil Empire by thwarting their insidious plot to conquer the planet Onderon. Despite suffering losses, Captain Blake and the young Jedi were able to emerge victorious...

During the battle, the evil Major Travis managed to capture the Alliance diplomat, Tomla Habat as well as one of her protectors, and take them to the terrible Imperial Inquisitorious. Held aboard the prison ship, the Pit of Despair, it is only a matter of time before they succumb to their captors and give in to the Dark Side...

Upon learning of the location of the Pit of Despair, Blake and the Jedi have devised a dangerous plan to deal another blow to the Empire by rescuing Tomla and as many of the other prisoners of the Inquisitorious as possible...

Aboard the Pit of Despair, in orbit over Inwil
The halls echoed with the four-throated screams of an anguished Ithorian.
From a certain point of view, the Inquisitors were doing more damage to themselves than to Tomla Habat in their efforts to break her and turn her to the Dark Side.
Having said that, pain meant little to true agents of the Dark Side.
"Your cries will not save you, Ithorian" one of her tormentors said nastily, brandishing a wicked serrated knife.
"Only by embracing your destiny and the true power of the Force will you know freedom"

All of a sudden his wrist bent and snapped like a twig. The knife that he had held began to fall to the floor then flew towards his throat.
Stopping it with his free hand, he looked at Tomla, bound before him and using her pain to fuel her anger and strike out with the Force.
"Now we're getting somewhere" he sneered, then pointed and called upon the Force to bring further pain, once again filling the halls with Ithorian screams...
Aboard the Freedom Star, near the Ralltiir system

Crewmembers rush about, making final readiness checks on all systems for the critical phase of the mission. Others are loading equipment and ordnance onto the two ships docked to the modified corvette; getting the Syren's Heart and the renamed Imperial Shuttle Consular ready for what has to be done.
Amid this semi-organised chaos, Captain Wes Blake stands near the Freedom Star's port airlock, just outside the shuttle that will ferry him and the young Jedi into the dragon's lair. Instead of his normal flightsuit, he is wearing the uniform of an Imperial Stormtrooper; one of two such outfits obtained for this mission.

In their temporary quarters, Arrisa looks on approvingly as Torren dons his ISB uniform. Not because she likes the black trousers and off-white tunic, but because of Torren.
"Are you sure you've got everything?" she asks cheekily.
Nowhere near comfortable with the crisp uniform and slicked back hair, Torren frowns at Arrisa and replies, "Oh I got the fluff down for the most part... but I'm not to sure how well I can play the part. What is this goop in my hair?"

Wondering again why the kriffing Empire had to be so spot on, "Well, does it look alright to you?"
Suck it up and drive on.
"No, it looks like the tasteless dress of the most vile and sadistic section of the most vile and sadistic government the galaxy has seen in a thousand years" Arrisa says harshly, then smiles and adds cheerfully,
"Which is exactly how it's supposed to look. Oh, honey, don't forget your rank insignia"
*Chuckling* "True enough, I suppose. Attending to the placement of his rank takes him longer then it should...

"Ahhhg! Why wont this thing stay where I put it, damn Imps and their ranks... Sweetie, can you help me out?" Torren asks rather sheepishly.
Suck it up and drive on.
Giggling, Arrisa walks over to Torren and kisses him lightly on the cheek before helping him with the rank insignia on his borrowed Imperial uniform.

"That's better" she says after the job is done, "Ready for your debut performance, Colonel?"
"There's no time like the present, Miss." Torren replies in a mock voice of authority, then holds out his arm for Arrisa.

"Shall we, my lady?" after she takes his arm, he leads them out, arm in arm... then stops.

"Ummm.... where are we meeting up?"
Suck it up and drive on.
Arrisa suppresses a giggle.
"Portside airlock, love" she says calmly, "Once you guys are ready to go, I'm going down to my X-Wing. Kian and I will be doing the chasing along with Hrabacca in the Syren's Heart. Don't worry, we're good enough that we can look like we're trying to vape you without risking any real damage. The techs have all the fake battle damage ready to go. Let's just hope the others aren't having troubles"
Jayce and Xan's Quarters aboard the Freedom Star

Deep in a meditative trance, Jayce is seated on the floor in front of his neatly made bunk. He is shirtless, his well toned upper body only slightly moving on the rare occasion when Jayce slowly breathes in. To his left sits a box of freshly delivered Storm Trooper Armor. Still packed in its crate, it remains untouched by the meditating Zeison Sha.
Xan merely lays in his bunk wearing his typical outfit, telekinetically throwing a ball against the ceiling above him, using his index and middle finger to gesture to it. It's a well-practiced movement, the kind of habit often conceived for deep thinking. He mouths his lines silently, picturing everything in his mind...
Eyes closed and breathing unchanged, Jayce says, "Xan, is there anything you want to ask me, before the mission. I might not have time while we are sneaking around and fighting."
Xan pauses for a moment, then continues battering the ceiling as before.

"Yeah. Just one. We've fought stormies before, but... never a dark jedi. How're we going to deal with them?"
Kistra double checks her borrowed officer uniform in the mirror one last time before she hurries down to the portside airlock to meet up with everyone else.

As she walks down the hallway she catches herself trying to walk inconspiculously and has to remind herself "I need to walk confidantly and not give way to anybody". She takes a deep breath, squares her shoulders and practices walking down the very center of the hallway.
As Kistra walks past doing her best to look like an ISB officer, some of the lower-ranking members of the crew actually look scared as they give way. Others simply give way out of respect for the young Jedi and the plan that is about to be executed.

Seeing the more fearful reaction of a soldier as Kistra approaches the airlock, Blake can't help but grin.
"I think you've got the part down fine" he remarks, "Very authentic looking"
"Well, it depends really. They are going to use the Force as well as weapons to fight against us and unfortunately neither one of us is as trained in countering that as well as I would like. However, our training is not meant to see us through a stand up fight: it is made to give us the first-strike advantage. We strike first and we strike last. We strike from the shadows and in numbers, before they are prepared. We use the terrain to our advantage or change it to suit our needs. It is the way we hunt anything, be it a Stirshin back on Yanibar or a human Dark Jedi."

"The part I am worried about is if we get separated. Our numbers are few and the thought of leaving anyone behind to a fate worse than death really bothers me. Being captured is not an option in this mission, Xan, and we need to be prepared to make that sacrifice. Not just for our new friends, but for the people back home too."
"ahww orrawhohrarcrc whooao orwhoooh rhwoaoaoworc, acwo aoraorwo rooohurc anworr rac aorcooakacro," rumbles the big wookiee, already at the airlock.

Fidgeting against his restraints, he stares anxiously into space.

They had taken all of his weapons, in order to better play the prisoner, but they had thankfully left him his battlescarred pink armor. Kanwarr wasn't sure why that was, never having heard the word "modesty" previously.
Fighting to keep from blushing, Kistra starts to smile and then seems to think better of it.

She starts to smirk as she demands "And what makes you think you have the right to speak to me, trooper?" she twists the last word into an insult and keeps a straight face to her own surprise.
Xan nods and throws the ball onto the ground, hopping off his bunk and stretching out.

"Well, it's about time we got out there, isn't it? Put on the suit an' we'll go.", he says, making it sound more like a suggestion than an order.
"Yes, I believe you are correct. Besides, I think I am sufficiently centered. Always best to mentally affirm who you are before you don the face of your enemy."

Standing up, Jayce turns and opens the box of Storm Trooper Armor. Pulling each piece out one at a time, he carefully inspects each one for damage and familiarity before putting it on.

"I can tell off-worlders invented this. This armor is surprisingly light for how tough it is, though our people's armor is much more flexible. We should probably include a copy of the specifications in our next report. There may be techniques and designs that our people could use to improve our own armor."

Strapping on the last arm piece, Jayce says, "There, how do I look?"
"Like the enemy.", Xan remarks cheekily, stepping out the door an d heading out towards the portside airlock where everyone else waits. He hums a cheery tune, despite the fate he's supposed to be awaiting as the latest prisoner of the ISB.
Impressed at how in character Kistra is, Blake snaps to attention and gives a formal salute before replying.
"I apologise for speaking out of turn, ma'am" he says, "Stormtrooper TX-48-3 reporting for escort duty"
Kistra nods her head absently at him and says "Appropriate. I will not be reporting you."

She then turns smartly away from him and finds herself staring at the airlock. I hope someone else shows up soon so I'm not the first person to break character she thinks to herself, I don't think I can stand still and look at an airlock for very long.
Trying very hard not to grin at the unnecessary, though highly authentic formality, Blake snaps off another salute and reports in a military manner.
"The shuttle is secure, ma'am. You may board at your convenience"
Kissing Arrisa's hands, "I'm less concerned about you doing your part right, then I am of me doing mine.... still, I don't sense things will go wrong.... well, to wrong." ~smirking~ "They never seem to go the way we plan."

Trying, yet again, to get a glimpse of his captive friends through the Force, Torren seems to focus on something through the wall behind Arrisa, face stern and brow furrowed in concentration....

(UTF, Farseeing check on Tomla and Xev)
Suck it up and drive on.
Arrisa grins.
"If everything went according to plan, life would be boring" she says, then rests a hand on her belly.
"We didn't exactly plan this little miracle but it's a good thing. Go on, honey. Let's go be heroes"

She then kisses Torren lightly on the lips then turns and heads for the hangar bay...

The Force shows Torren nothing concrete on Xev or Tomla; only the suffocating smoke of the Dark Side surrounding them.
Bringing himself back to the present in time to return Arrisa's kiss, Torren watches her go and sighs.

*The Dark Side clouds them..... let's hope the Force will be with us....*

When Arrisa turns the corner and goes out of view, he begins to make his way to the airlock. Opening to the Force and feeling the blaze of light that is Arrisa does wonders to calm and reassure him of their mission. Reaching deeper, as he walks, revels his unborn child in her belly. Burning with love for them both, he uses it to steel himself for what is to come.

Resolve and determination coursing through every fiber of his being, Torren exudes an air of confidence he wouldn't otherwise have.

Face stern as he reaches the airlock, he surveys the area and walks crisply toward the others....
Suck it up and drive on.
Kistra walks into the shuttle without acknowledging Blake and finds herself a seat to wait for everyone else more comfortably.
Upon seeing Torren approach, Blake offers a semi-formal salute.
"Are you ready for this?" he asks, half out of concern and half to see if the young Jedi is in character yet.
Snapping his eyes to lock with Blake's, disdain clearly written in his features, Torren bores into him with his glare and replies "You would do well to question less and obey more, trooper." the last coming out more as an insult then a title.

Torren keeps his eyes fixed on Blake for a moment longer, then turns to walk past him, giving a wink as he passes and takes a few steps more.

"So.... how'd I do?" he asks, genially curious.
Suck it up and drive on.
Blake grins then replies.
"Well the hostility factor was good. The ISB are so far up themselves and convinced that they're above the law that they often do mistreat other Imperial departments. Still, you should've chewed me out for not wearing my helmet. Another thing they can't stand is Stormtroopers wearing incomplete uniform"
Returning the other mans smile, "Thanks, I'll keep that in mind from now on." ~looking around~ "Are the others inside already? I always seem to be running late..."
Suck it up and drive on.