The Silver Marches: Blood and Gold

512 posts / 0 new
Last post
For the better part of its existence, the village of Deadsnows has been a small, unremarkable community like many others that dot the North. Its inhabitants braved the rigors of frontier life, including orc hordes, wild beasts, and harsh winters. These dangers have made the folk of Deadsnows both vigilant and determined. They have managed to prevail over the threats to their locale thus far, and to gain some measure of relative stability for their community. That is, until now.

This state of affairs shifted abruptly when, just a few months ago, an unsuspecting hunter discovered gold in the waters of a nearby stream. The settlement's remote location proved no hindrance to the spread of news and rumour related to the gold strike, which ignited the interest of prospectors and adventurers. Deadsnows is now the destination of choice for explorers seeking their fortunes in the dangerous high-lands above the town. Hard on their heels have come those not interested in hunting for gold, but intent on exploiting the situation. Some hope to earn coin by providing goods and services to the prospectors and others with less savory activities such as confidence scams and outright thievery.

Amongst the madness of the gold strike, a handful of unlikely acquaintances find themselves embroiled in an insidious plot that may spell the very downfall of the fledgling Silver Marches confederation.


approved by SeTiny
Lorem ipsum dolor sit down and shut up.
Players and Characters
Chaosweasel - Valeria, wood elf Barbarian
NiT - Dalin, human Monk/Sorceror
Trebbelar Laeyway - Dalan, human Ranger of Mystra
Draidden - Gilvain, raptoran Cleric of Liendil
rob4 - Shayrn, half-elf Bard/Ranger
Lorem ipsum dolor sit down and shut up.
Map of the Marches:
IMAGE(http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c243/stoopyd/SM_Map_Big.jpg)

Map of Deadsnows:
IMAGE(http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c243/stoopyd/deadsnows.jpg)
Lorem ipsum dolor sit down and shut up.
DalinHuman Monk 1 / Sorcerer 2 CG 4000 XP


Str 8 (-1) Dex 18 (+4) Con 16 (+3) Wis 13 (+1) Int 8 (-1) Cha 18 (+4)


HP 20/20 AC = 19 (10 + 4 Dex + 1 Wis + 4 Mage Amour) Touch 15 Flat Footed 15 Init +4 BAB +1 Grap +0 Speed 30’ Fort +5 (2 Base +3 Con) Ref + 6 (2 Base + 4 Dex) Will + 6 (5 Base + 1 Wis) Languages: Common Medium, 6’ 1”, 150 lbs Black Hair, Brown Eyes
 

Attacks+5 Melee, Unarmed Strike, 1d6-1 B, x2 +5 Melee, Silver Kama, 1d6-2 S, x2 Flurry of Blows -2 on attack

SkillsTotal Ranks 20 (16 Monk 4 Socerer) +9 Concentration (4 ranks Monk + 2 ranks Sorcerer + 3 Con) (+4 when Combat Casting) +2 Craft Alchemy (3 ranks Monk – 1 Int) +4 Knowledge [Arcana] (4 ranks Monk + 1 rank Sorcerer – 1 Int) +5 Perform [Vocal] (1 rank Monk + 4 Cha) +4 Spellcraft (2 ranks Monk (cc) + 1 rank Sorcerer – 1 Int + 2 Syn Knowledge [Arcane])

FeatsLvl 1 – Weapon Finesse Human Bonus – Combat Casting Monk Bonus – Improved Unarmed Strike Monk Bonus – Stunning Fist Lvl 3 – Practiced Spellcaster (Sorcerer) (From Compleate Arcane)

Class and Racial AbilitiesMonk : Unarmed Strike, Bonus Feat, Flurry of Blows Sorcerer: Metamagic Specialist (replaces Summon Familiar) From PHBII - Metamagic does not change the casting time for spontaniously caste spells. This allows the normal benifits from the Quicken Spell Feat. Human Racial Abilities: +1 feat at 1st level +4 skill points at first level, +1 every level after


Spells0th lvl – DC 14 6 per day Detect Magic, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Disrupt Undead 1st lvl – DC 15 5 per day Mage Amour, Magic Missile

Equipment192 gp, 8 sp, 8 cp On person Silver Dagger 22 gp 1lbArcanist's Gloves 500 gp (From MIC pg 72) - 2/day +2 caster level to 1st lvl spell Backpack 2 gp 2lb 3 Potions of Cure Light Wounds 150 gp (in belt) In backpack Magic Bedroll 500 gp 5lb (From MIC pg 163) - gain endure elements when in bedroll and heals an extra 1 hp/character lvl durring 8 hours sleep Everlasting Rations 350 gp 1lb (From MIC pg 160) - makes 1 day's ration each morning Replenishing Skin 1000 gp 4lb (From MIC pg 173) - Waterskin slowly refills itself over 1d4 hours. Flint and Steal 1gp soap 5sp 1lb 2 Torches 2cp 2lb Total weight 16lb Carry Cappacity 26/53/80


Background


Berin shifted through the battlefield. It appeared the raiders had attacked a small barbarian tribe, and though unexpected, the barbarians almost fended off the attack. It looked like few, if any survived on either side. The monk sighed, such useless bloodshed. Whole families had been wiped out because of the raider’s greed. The evils men would go to for money still amazed the monk. Sighing yet again he set to work. He started searching for anything of value. The upcoming winter would be harsh, and the village would need any and all supplies he could find. It was then that he heard it. A small boy whimpering. He could not have been more than three years old, hiding in a basket among the ruins.


Ten years later


Dalin focused on the apple. He tried to do it, to let the rest of the world around him disappear, to leave only the apple, but his mind rebelled. Suddenly the apple glowed. “I can’t do it!” the youth said flinging the apple away from himself in frustration. Berin opened his eyes. “Relax my son, mediation is not easy, but with it you will find your inner peace.” “Ok, ok, but no more apples.” Dalin replied sitting back and trying to clear his mind. Berin had to suppress a laugh as a rock a few feet in front of the boy almost instantly left the ground and hovered a few feet in front of him. No use pointing it out to the boy now, it would only distract him. Ever since finding the boy all those years ago, Berin had tried to pass on all he knew. But the path of the monk required discipline, focus. It is a quest to find the inner peace in one’s soul. Yet it seemed whenever Dalin looked into his soul instead all he found was chaos and the magic. He didn’t want to admit it to himself, but he knew the path of the monk was obviously not Dalin’s destiny.


Five years later


As he walked into town Dalin looked over the note Berin had given him. Apparently years ago Berin had helped this town through a harsh winter when it had been but a small frontier village. Berin had kept in contact with the town apothecary, a mage of some sort, and it was a letter of introduction to him that Dalin held. “Welcome to Deadsnows. Are you another adventurer who has come to try your hand at mining?” The town guard hailed Dalin. Dalin replied with a bit of a laugh “No, I am looking for Harden, the town apothecary. I am his new apprentice.”


Appearance


Most Monks are muscled body builders with strength in their fists. Most Sorcerers are weak built arcanists who hardly ever see the light. Dalin blows away both stereotypes. He has a slight built frame that conceals his speed. A soft faced youth, Dalin quite often seen starring off into space with a content look in his eyes. His love of the outdoors is evident in his tanned skin that compliments his dark unkempt hair.


Personality


Dalin is a free spirit. He is not likely to be found in one place for too long, as he loves to move around. His favorite pastime is to wander the woods while singing. Not an accomplished vocalist by any sense of the word, he simply sings for his love of music. Never one to start a fight, he is not one to back down from one either, especially if his friends are involved. He is loyal and kind. Just like his surrogate father, he will do anything to help anyone.

Intro

IMAGE(http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk17/rodolfomaxi/Flameon.jpg)

Barth Flame'on
Gender and Race: Male Tiefling Lesser version
Size and Type: Medium Humanoid(Planetouched)
Height and Weight: 5' 150lbs
Age: 22
Alignment: Neutral Good
ECL: Beguiler 3
Experience: 3000/6000


Fluff

Backstory
Barth arrived on Toril coming from Sigil when he was 4 years old in his mother's arms.She was fleeing the Baatezu lord to whom her husband had a debt. The pursuer had already killed his father and now where against they.

Successfully they came to a small church of Tyr in the city of Waterdeep where they managed to hide and received protection against their enemy.
Their lives from that point were as members of the said church.
Her mother became the secret lover of the church's head Oland Truehearted.

The young man trained under the church and became a adept of some kind. His skills with both arcane and divine magic were impressive for his age.

When he made 18 he leaved the church's clothes, it was a moonless night...
The farewell

Mon, i cannot stay here anymore. I'm leaving...definetely.
Why son? Why leave your mother alone...why don't we stay? Mr Oland takes such good care of us...
*Barth closes his eyes, with a anger expression*
THAT'S WHY MOTHER!
I cannot stay here because you weren't supposed to be together were you?!
I've seen it mom! Yesterday i heard you together at the higher office!


Her mother silences, her head down...eyes filled with tears, but they do not drop down.

How am i supposed to pretend i didn't see your laughs, your whispering desires to each other??
I believe in Tyr for he saved us...and in that we shall be fair and uphold justice!
SO I THOUGHT YOU DID!
Mother: that man has a family... You're ruining their lives...


Raising her hand in a "stop", Barth's mother puts and end to the conversation, before leaving away.
Do as you wish then, Barth. I did what i had to do...to protect us...Goodbye

I shall do Mom...farewell...


After that Barth became a traveler...whispering good words in his path and serving as a military power in the causes where he finds duty. He now serves the Triad as a whole.

His wanderings led the man, now with 27 years, to the Silver Marches. He heard of a big gold run and of some bandits active in the area.

He hopes to be of some use to justice in such place.

Appearance:
Barth's eyes are like incandescent stones and he bears a shaved head and face. His head has a tattoo with a pair of scales crossed by a sword.
His preferred clothes, once garments of Tyr's church, now are simple mantles. One layer of black simple fabric under another of reddish orange silk.
He uses sturdy plate boots and carries his holy symbol in his neck.

Personality
Barth is easy to anger and quick to run into combat. His bloodline rushes him towards fury. He has a big flow of energies around his body that he doesn't like to display to others, unless there's a good motive like being able to help someone. Straightforward in his speech and with a bit of humor now and then, Barth is a good friend to those he trusts. Only one thing bothers him: women. He cannot understand, talk with or fight them, it's just beyond his abilities to do that. Maybe more shyness then anyother thing...perhaps. But he'll get over it someday.


Flame

Attributes
Strength: 4 (-3)
Dexterity 18 (+4)
Constitution: 10 (+0)
Intelligence: 20 (+5)
Wisdom: 6 (-2)
Charisma: 16 (+3)

Attacks:
-4 Dagger 1d4-3(1 damage), 19-20/x2, Piercing or SLashing (can be thrown at 10ft)
+6 MW Light Crossbow 1d8, 19-20/x2, Piercing, Range: 80 ft.

Miscellaneous Statistics
Hit Points: 14
[8, +5 int, +1 metamagic feats]

Armor Class:
(Normal): 18
[10 Base, +4 Dex, +4 Mage Armor,+1 Insight,-1 flaw]
(Touch): 13
[10 Base, +4Dex,-1 flaw]
(Flat-Footed): 13
[10 Base, +4 Mage Armor, +1 Insight, -1 flaw]

Initiative: +4 [+4 Dex]
Base Attack Bonus: +1
[1 (Beguiler)]
Grapple: -2
[1 BAB, -3 Str]
Speed (Land): 30 ft
[30ft Base]

Fortitude: +1
[0 Con, +1 (Beguiler)]
Reflex: +5
[color=gray][4 Dex, +1 (Beguiler)][/color]
Will: +1
[color=gray][-2 Wis, +3 (Beguiler)] [/color]

Skills
Total Skill Points: 66
[(6+5)x4= +44 1st, +11 2nd, +11 3rd]
Languages: Common, Infernal, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Drow
[2 automatic,+5 int]
Armor Check Penalty: 0
[0 Armor, +0 Shield, etc]
Bluff : +10
[+3 Cha, +5 Ranks, +2 racial]
Concentration : +1
[+0 Con , +1 Ranks]
Diplomacy : +16
[+3 Cha, +6 Ranks,+2 bluff synergy,+2 sense motive synergy,+2 perfection, +1 trait]
Disable Device : +11
[+5 int, +6 Ranks]
Gather Info : +4
[+3 Cha, +1 Ranks]
Hide : +11
[+4 Dex, +5 Ranks,+2 racial]
Jump : +6
[+4 Dex, +0 Ranks,+2 tumble synergy]
Listen : +0
[-2 Wis, +2 Ranks]
Move Silently : +9
[+4 Dex, +5 Ranks]
Open Lock : +10
[+4 Dex, +6 Ranks]
Search : +11
[+5 Int, +6 Ranks]
Sense Motive : +3
[-2 Wis, +5 Ranks]
Sleight of Hand: +11
[+4 Dex , +5 Ranks, +2 bluff synergy]
SpellCraft: +6
[+5 Int , +1 Ranks]
Tumble : +9
[+4 Dex, +5 Ranks]*Tumble synergy: +2 to balance
Use Magic Device : +8
[+3 Cha, +5 Ranks]


Skill Trick: Conceal Spellcasting
Cast spells without revealing that you are doing so. Make a sleight of hand check against a spot check by onlookers. If you're successful, the observer cannot tell you are casting a spell and thus cannot make attacks of opportunity for your casting nor attempt to counterspell.

Flaws and Traits
Cautious
Polite

Non Combatant
Vulnerable

Feats
Flaw - Sacred Vow
Flaw - Vow of Non-Violence
1st - Mind Over Body
3rd - Sudden Extend

Beguiler
Proficiency:
All simple weapons, hand crossbow, shortbow and shortsword.
Light Armors but not shields.

Class Abilities:
Armored Mage: ignore arcane failure on light armor.
Trapfiniding: identical to rogue.
Cloaked Casting: +1 DC of spell against target denied his Dex bonus to AC.
Surprise casting: Feint in melee to deny foe his dex bonus.
Advanced learning: Ventriloquism

Spell List


Lesser Tiefling
* +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma.
* Medium Humanoid(Planetouched).
* A tiefling’s base land speed is 30 feet.
* Darkvision out to 60 feet.
* Racial Skills: Tieflings have a +2 racial bonus on Bluff and Hide checks.
* Special Attacks: A tiefling can use darkness once per day (caster level equal to class levels).
* Special Qualities: Resistance to cold 5, electricity 5, and fire 5.
* Automatic Languages: Common, Infernal.
* Favored Class: Rogue.

Gear
MW Light Crossbow.......(4lb)... [335 gp]
Crossbow bolts:30........(3lb)... [003gp]
Hand of the Mage.........(2lb)...[900gp]
Boots of Agile Leaping...(2lb)... [600gp] - MiC 76
Healing Belt.................(1lb)...[750gp] - MiC 110
-------------------------------------------------
Load: 12 lbs /// Remainging gold: 112 gp
Daevius

Daevius' Fluff

Personality/Outlook: Daevius has a stilted view of the world. On the one hand, he is personally devoted to concept of the Sublime Way, reaching personal perfection and encouraging others to do the same. On the other hand, he has dwelt amongst amoral immortal beings for what subjectively seems to be at least fifty years, causing him to become quite detached from typical mortal morals or desires. He has retained a dislike of tyrannical or oppressive structures and individuals however.

Background:

House Corovant

Merchant house, specializing in second-stage leather work (they didn't tan or collect the hides themselves, but rather fashioned them into clothing and furniture).

Born Daevius yi'Corovant of Tethyr, Daevius was the first son of House Corovant and groomed for knighthood amongst the Champions of Vigilant; this was to be the houses beginning transition from being a merchant house to a noble one. If Daevius managed to obtain a high position within the Order it would provide more leverage for marriage proposals to one of the noble houses.

Daevius' father Relkin, pushed his son very hard, sparing him any mercantile training but hiring the best tutors from all over Tethyr, Amn and Calimshan. From Calimshan came the silk-tongued Eris, his only female tutor who taught him the subtleties of language and persuasion in her distinctly southern style. From Amn was the sage Kilrin of Candlekeep who provided hundreds of hours of Faerunian history, ancient and modern alike.

Jace gi'Volosh was the third tutor, hailing from the allied Tethyrian noble house of Volosh, staunch supporters of the Champions of Vigilant. Jace, the third son was a master swordsman whose skill with the blade had carried him far in the Champions; prepared to squire Daevius he spent the years leading up to when such would be appropriate by personally training him.

Daevius, ever mindful of his father's ambition, was not satisfied with being trained by merely "one of the best". He resolved to search for a more powerful, prestigious, swordmaster to be his mentor. This search was doomed to success by the quality of his other two mentors. Applying Eris' principles of active information gathering to Kilrin on the subject of legendary sword masters procured the "Legend of Sigma Harris".

As a callow youth, Sigma Harris was constantly bullied and abused by the stronger and more violent children in his city. Resolving to grow strong by journeying in the country, Sigma eventually fled the city for the wilderness. One night, he stumbled into a faerie circle and into the realm of the Fey, where he witnessed a battle between a golden Prince and a black as night Wyrm. Aiding as best he can, he tossed stones and insults at the creature, distracting it long enough for the Prince to land a felling blow through it's heart. Appreciative, the Prince offered to reward Sigma; Sigma immediately requested that he be has skilled at arms as the Prince. Agreeing, the feyling trained Sigma for one hundred days and one hundred nights in a timeless glen of twilight. Emerging from the fey circle the very next day in Faerun, Sigma had been transformed into the most powerful warrior in all the Realms. Throughout his life he never lost a battle, ceded and inch or gave anyone reason to doubt his supremacy in warfare. He died peacefully of old age, five hours after winning his last duel.

To Daevius, the moral of the story was clear. Befriend a supernatural entity of benign disposition and power shall follow. It didn't take much to arrange to accompany one of the families caravans heading out into the country. Skilled swordsman, especially those of noble bearing and command are invaluable to a caravan master heading into any kind of dangerous territory. Similarly, once away from the rest of the Corovants, it was easy to usurp command of the caravan and change the route to 'explore new prospects' in the direction of the fabled faerie ring which Sigma had stumbled through.

The journey took months and the expedition was long since ruined past any hope of profitable interaction, but Daevius kept them on course with a stern word and a quick blade until his destination was reached. He recognized the fallow circle immediately and called halt to rest in the middle of the noon-day sun. Convinced that their noble scion had given his last mad order, the workers of the caravan resolved to mutiny the very next day and begin the trek back to the city with a bound and gagged Daevius in tow. Yet when the sun rose and they went to seize him from his tent set in the strange circle of mushrooms and shrubbery, they found that he had already slipped away, perhaps anticipating their intentions.

This was the last that history would say of Daevius Corovant for seventeen years.

Appearance: An older chondathan, Daevius is taller than most with a fair tinge to his skin that suggests long years indoors or mixed blood with a northern race. His brown but beginning to gray hair is mostly hidden under a loose headcloth, but neatly trimmed strips define a mustache and two lines to either side of his mouth. His eyes are a simple brown. Loose worn red cloth adorns his arms and legs, looking lightweight and airy, perfect for a desert climate but not much else.

IMAGE(http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/4070/nunziojaewe9.jpg)



Daevius' Crunch
Daevius
Gender and Race: Male, Human (Chondathan)
Size and Type: Medium Humanoid (Human)
Height and Weight: 6' 170
Age: 33 (Adult)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
ECL: 3 (Warblade 3)
Experience: 3,000
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1632224/

Attributes
STR 05 (-3)
DEX 16 (+3)
CON 14 (+2)
INT 18 (+4)
WIS 16 (+3)
CHA 10 (+0)


Miscellaneous Statistics
Hit Points: 37 [3 HD] [12 1st level +19 2-3rd level, +6 Con]
Armor Class (Normal).....: 18 [10 Base, +3 Dex, +5 Exalted]
Armor Class (Touch)......: 13 [10 Base, +3 Dex]
Armor Class (Flat-Footed): 15 [10 Base, +5 Exalted]
Initiative: +3 [+3 Dex]
Base Attack Bonus: +3
Grapple: +0 [+3 BAB, -3 Str]
Speed (Land): 30 ft [30 Base]
Weight Carried: 6.5 lbs, No encumbrance [0-16 (Light), 17-33 (Medium), 34-50 (Heavy)]

Saves
Fortitude: +6 [+2 Con, +4 Warblade]
Reflex...: +7 [+3 Dex, +1 Warblade, +3 Insight]
Will.....: +4 [+3 Wis, +1 Warblade]


Melee Attacks
Unarmed Strike: +6, 1d3-3, (20/x2), bludgeoning [+3 Wis, +3 BAB]
Dagger: +6, 1d4-3, (19-20/x2), piercing or slashing [+3 Wis, +3 BAB]

Ranged Attacks
Dagger: +4, 1d4-3, (19-20/x2), Range 10 ft, piercing or slashing [+3 Wis, +3 BAB, -2 Flaw]

Flaws
Shaky: -2 penalty on all ranged attacks.

Feats
Sacred Vow Lvl 1, Book of Exalted Deeds +2 perfection bonus on Diplomacy checks.
Vow of Poverty Human, Book of Exalted Deeds Various bonuses in exchange for holding minimal worldly possessions.
Nymph's Kiss Exalted Bonus 1, Book of Exalted Deeds +2 circumstance bonus on Charisma-related checks, +1 on saving throws vs spells and spell-like abilities, +1 skill point per level.
Intuitive Strike Exalted Bonus 2, Book of Exalted Deeds Use Wisdom instead of strength to determine plus to hit with simple and natural weapons.
Improved Unarmed Strike Flaw, Player's Handbook Can deal lethal damage with unarmed strike/threatens with as a weapon/does not provoke AoOs for striking with.
Deflect Arrows Lvl 3, Player's Handbook] Once a turn harmlessly deflect any ranged attack that would strike you.

Sacred Abilities
Exalted Armor: +5 exalted bonus to armor class that does not apply against touch attacks (except brilliant energy weapons).
Sacred Feats: Nymph's Kiss & Intuitive Strike as bonus feats.
Endure Elements (Ex): Daevius is immune to the effects of being in a hot or cold environment, he can exist comfortably in conditions between -50 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit without having to make fortitude saves.

Skills
Total Skill Points: 60
Languages: Chondathan, Common, Draconic, Old Common, Elven, Illuskan [1 Racial, +4 Int]
Balance:...... +10 [+3 Dex, 7 Ranks]
Climb:........ +0 [-3 Str, 3 Ranks]
Concentration: +10 [+3 Con, 7 Ranks]
Diplomacy..... +11 [+0 Cha, 7 Ranks, +2 Perfection, +2 Circumstance]
Hide:......... +3 [+3 Dex, 0 Ranks]
Intimidate:... +3 [+0 Cha, 1 Ranks, +2 Circumstance]
Jump:......... +4 [-3 Str, 7 Ranks]
Listen:....... +3 [+3 Wis, 0 Ranks]
Move Silently: +3 [+3 Dex, 0 Ranks]
Ride:......... +3 [+3 Dex, 0 Ranks]
Search:....... +4 [+4 Int, 0 Ranks]
Sense Motive:. +3 [+3 Wis, 0 Ranks]
Spot:......... +3 [+3 Wis, 0 Ranks]
Survival:..... +3 [+3 Wis, 0 Ranks]
Swim:......... +0 [-3 Str, 3 Ranks]
Tumble:....... +10 [+3 Dex, 7 Ranks]
Martial Love.......: +11 [+4 Int, 7 Ranks]
Knowledge (History): +11 [+4 Int, 7 Ranks]
Knowledge (Local, Tethyr): +11 [+4 Int, 7 Ranks]

Equipment
Eccentric Master's Outfit [0 lbs] [0 gp]
Dagger (Belt) [1 lbs][2 gp]
Pouch (Belt) [0.5 lbs][1 gp]
Waterskin (Belt) [4 lbs][1 gp]
Trail Ration (Pouch) [1 lbs][0.5 gp]

Warblade Class Features

Weapon & Armor Proficiency: Simple and martial melee weapons (including those that can be thrown), light and medium armor, shields (except tower shields).
Maneuvers: Can learn maneuvers from the Diamond Mind, Iron Heart, Stone Dragon, Tiger Claw and White Raven disciplines.At 4th level and every even-numbered level after, you can learn a new maneuver in place of one you already know. I.E: At 4th level you can 'lose' a 1st level maneuver to learn a 2nd level maneuver you meet the prerequisites for. Only one maneuver swap at any given level.
Maneuvers Readied/Recovering: You ready your maneuvers by exercising for 5 minutes. They remain
readied until you decide to exercise again and change them, you do not need to sleep or rest to ready your maneuvers.
You begin an encounter with all maneuvers unexpended. When you initiate a maneuver, you expend it for the encounter, so each maneuver can be used once per encounter or until you recover them.
You can recover all expended maneuvers with a single swift action which must be immediately followed in the same round with a melee attack or a standard action to do nothing else in the round (such as executing a quick, harmless flourish with your weapon). You cannot initiate a maneuver or change a stance while recovering your maneuvers.
Stances: Learn a stance at 1st/4th/10th/16th level. Chosen stance is always on, can be changed with a swift action to another known stance. Stances count as maneuvers for the purposes of meeting prerequisites to learn maneuvers/stances.
Battle Clarity: As long as you are not flat-footed, you gain an insight bonus equal to your Intelligence bonus on your Reflex Saves.
Weapon Aptitude: Qualify for Fighter feats at Warblade level -2. Can spend one hour to switch the
target of a weapon specific feat (Like Weapon Focus) to a new target, i.e: change Weapon Focus (Longsword) to Weapon Focus (Scythe). Multiple feats can be changed at the same time.
Uncanny Dodge: Retain Dexterity bonus while flat-footed or struck by invisible opponent.
Battle Ardor: Insight bonus equal to intelligence bonus to confirm critical hits.



[u]Martial Maneuvers Known[/u] (5)
Stone Bones (Stone Dragon) 1

Type: Strike
Action: Standard
Make a melee attack, if it hits you gain damage reduction 5/adamantine for 1 round.

Mountain Hammer (Stone Dragon) 2

Type: Strike
Action: Standard
Make a melee attack*, it deals 2d6 extra points of damage and automatically overcomes damage reduction and hardness.
*Cannot be used as part of a sunder, if the target is an object, it must be unattended.

Moment of the Perfect Mind (Diamond Mind) 1

Type: Counter
Action: Immediate
Any time you are required to make a Will Save you can initiate this maneuver. Make a Concentration check instead of the Will save and use the result of that check to determine the save's success. Must be initiated before you attempt the will save. A roll of natural 1 is not an automatic failure.

Sapphire Nightmare Blade (Diamond Mind) 1

Type: Strike
Action: Standard
Make a melee attack and a concentration check with the DC of the target's AC. If the concentration check
succeeds, the target is flatfooted against the attack and the attack deals 1d6 extra damage. If the check fails, the attack is at a -2 penalty to hit.

Leading the Attack (White Raven) 1

Type: Strike
Action: Standard
Make a melee attack, if it succeeds your allies gain a +4 morale bonus on attack rolls against the target for 1 round.


[u]Martial Stances Known[/u] (1)
Punishing Stance (Iron Heart) 1

While in this stance your melee attacks deal an extra 1d6 damage, but your AC is lowered by 2.


[u]Martial Maneuvers Readied[/u] (3)
Sapphire Nightmare Blade, Mountain Hammer, Stone Bones.

Maneuver Learning/Swapping tracking:
1st: Learn three 1st. Moment of the Perfect Mind (Diamond Mind), Sapphire Nightmare Blade (Diamond Mind), Stone Bones (Stone Dragon)
2nd: Learn one 1st. Leading the Attack (White Raven)
3rd: Learn one 2nd. Mountain Hammer (Stone Dragon)

Stance Learning:
1st: Learn one 1st. Punishing Stance (Iron Heart)
Valeria
Female Wood Elf Barbarian 3
3000 xp
Height, Weight: 4'8”, 108lbs
Age: 120
Alignment: CG

Crunch
Show

Attributes Taken roles, reduced a 17 down
STR 20(+5) [18 Base]
DEX 20 (+5) [18 Base]
CON 8(-1) [10 Base, -2 race]
INT 12 (+1) [17 Base, reduced down per asked, -2 race]
WIS 13 (+1) [13 Base]
CHA 8 (-1) [8 Base]

Miscellaneous Statistics
Hit Points: 27 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1631540/ -3trait
Armor Class (Normal): 18 [10 Base, 5 Dex, 3 Armor,}
Armor Class (Touch): 15 [10 Base, 5 Dex]
Armor Class (Flat-Footed): 18 [10 Base, 3 Armor, 5 dex]
Initiative: +5 [5 Dex]
Base Attack Bonus: +3
Grapple: +8 [3 BAB, 5 Str]
Speed (Land): 50 ft [30 Base, 10 Fleet of Foot, 10 trait]
Weight Carried: 57 lbs, light encumbrance [0-133 (Light), 134-266 (Medium),267-400 (Heavy)]

Saves
Fortitude: +4 [-1 Con, 3 class, +1 trait, +1 vest]
Reflex: +6 [5 Dex, 1 class, -1 trait, +1 vest]
Will: +2 [+1 Wis, 1 class, +1 vest]

Melee Attacks
Great Sword 2d6+7 19-20x2 +8to hit [3 Bab, 5 Str, ]

Ranged Attacks
Darts 1d4+5 20x2 +6to hit [5 Dex, 3 BAB,]

Special Attacks & Abilities
Elf traits
Boar Totem 1: Diehard while raging (UA Varients )
Berserker Strength (PH2)
Illiteracy
Uncanny Dodge
Trap Killer (Dungeonscape)

Feats
Fleet of Foot (Player's guide to Faerun)
True Faith(Corellon Larethian) (Magic Item Compendium)
Power Attack(flaw)
Mad Foam Rager (PHII)(flaw)

Traits and Flaws
Quick
Hardy
Shaky
Inattentive


Skills
Total Skill Points: 24[24 barb, 6 int]
Languages: 3 [common, elven, sylvan]
Armor Check Penalty: -0 [0 armor check]

Climb: +11 [5 Str,, 6 ranks]
Listen: +4 [+1 Wis, 6 Ranks, 2 elf, -4 flaw]
Spot: -1 [+1 Wis, 0 Ranks, 2 elf, -4 flaw]
Jump: +19[5 Str, 6 ranks, +8 speed]
Search: +3 [+1 wis, 0 Ranks, 2 elf]
Swim: +11 [5 str, 6 Ranks]
Survival: +7 [+1 wis, 6 ranks]

Equipment Worn and Carried
Travel Outfit [5 lbs] [- gp]
Backpack [2 lbs] [2 gp]
Belt pouch [0.5 lbs] [1 gp]
Bedroll [5 lbs] [1 sp]
Healing Belt [1 lbs] [750 gp]
Rations, 10 days [10 lbs] [5 gp]
Waterskin [4 lbs] [1 gp]
Greatsword [8 lbs] [50gp]
10 Darts [5 lbs] [5 gp]
Vest of Resistance +1 [2 lbs] [1000 gp]
Leafweave studded leather [15 lbs] [765 gp]
121 gp



Fluff
Show

Background: Born in the forests of Lethyr, the attending priests of Corellon Larethian knew there was something special about Valeria. Unfortunately for them they didn't find out exactly what it was till she was an adolescent.

Valeria was raised to be a great priestess, but she always seemed to distracted or just not paying attention at most of her lessons, with exception to those directly about Corellon Larethian. At those lessons she answered all questions and even provided rare insights on occasion. This was the only exception where she would speak up and participate, so her teachers enjoyed these. This all stopped on time when she became vocal and violently opposed to part of the lesson, screaming and yelling about it being lies. After that she was removed from classes and spent more time on her martial lessons instead.

In her martial lessons Valeria excelled, her speed and strength were obvious, and on occasion she even was able to shrug off blows that appeared lethal. Between all these things Valeria was able to complete her martial training with honor, and go on to decide her fate in the world once she reached her age of maturity.

Shortly after her training was done was when she first heard the voice with clarity. At first she was frightened, barricading herself in her room and refusing to come out for a week. Towards the end of that week the voice returned, and calmly talked to her, explaining its self and telling her that it would help, and never hinder her. The voice called itself Corellon Larethian.

Valeria was of course skeptical, what were the odds of a god choosing her as a vessel. The voice had a long and rather thorough explanation that would be satisfactory for anyone, though Valeria can't remember the details, she couldn't help but understand. From that day forth she dedicated herself to serving her god, and the voice steer her path. Much of those years are a blur to Valeria, the voice lead her many places, had her do many things, and saved her from danger many times. When she finally caught up to it all she was in the Silver Marches. When she inquired to her god where she was heading, the voice told her they were to go to Deadsnows as the evil sons of Grumash have been active in the area, and apparently a few towns back a Harper agent had made contact with Valeria and an agreement had been reached to go to the area and help drive the orcs and other evils off. Her god had spoken, and thus Valeria obeyed.

Personality: When she heard the whispers of Corellon Larethian she changed. She has become giggly and seems off, often seeming plainly insane to others. She often talks to herself in elven softly, giggling a unheard jokes, and answering unheard questions. When battle begins she is as fury its self though, throwing herself at her opponents until they fall. When severely injured Valeria becomes a completely different person. She becomes quite and stoic, expending energy only as such as necessary to accomplish the task at hand, until the danger has passed. Then she typically continues on, not remember much about what happened during the time she was gone...

Appearance: Valeria is a oddity for a wood elf. Her blond hair, red eyes, and light skin only developed in the past 30 years, before that she was a brown haired, eyed, and skinned as the last wood elf. By and large, simply looking at her one wouldn't anything was exceptionally wrong with her, excepting the fact she carries a sword close to as tall as she is. Additionally, for those that look closely when she acts possessed, the tattoo on her arm inverts and returns to normal once she safe.




Pic
Carenath Orn'Terad

IMAGE(http://c.imagehost.org/0648/Carenath.jpg)

True Neutral

Male Silverbrow Human Dragonfire Adept 3


Strength 8 (-1)
Dexterity 14 (+2)
Constitution 18 (+4)
Intelligence 14 (+2)
Wisdom 10 (+0)
Charisma 18 (+4)


Size: Medium
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 175lb
Skin: Normal, Silver scales
Eyes: Solid Silver
Hair: White

HP 31

Speed 30

AC 20 = 10 + 2 (Dex) + 4 (Chain Shirt) + 2 (Darkwood Shield) +2 natural armor

Initiative modifier: +2

Fortitude save: +7= +3 base +4 Con
Reflex save: +3 = +1 base + 2 Dex
Will save: +3 = +3 base + 0 WIs

BAB +1

Feats:

Clinging Breath (1st),
Power Surge (Human)
Ability Focus: Breath Weapon (flaw),
Entangling Exhalation (flaw),
Shape Breath (DFA 1),
Recover Breath (3rd).

Flaws:

Noncombatant : -2 to all meele attacks.
Murky-Eyed: Force rerolls on attacks against concealment, take worst of 2 rolls.

Skills (36 skill points, 6 skills maxed at 6.)

Diplomacy +12 = +6 Rank +4 Cha+ 2 Synergy
Intimidate +10 = +6 Rank +4 Cha
Search +8 =+6 Rank + 2 Int
Knowledge Arcana: +8 = +6 Rank + 2 Int
Spellcraft +8 = +6 Rank +2 Int + 2 Synergy
Use Magic Device +10 = +6 Rank + 4 Cha

Languages: Common, Undercommon, Draconic

Invocations:

Endure Exposure(1st)
Magic Insight(3rd)

Special Attacks:

Breath Weapon: 3d6 fire, 15 ft cone/ 30 ft line, Ref DC 17 halves (10 + 1 [half lvls] +4 [con] +2 [abil focus])

Breath Effect: (2nd) Frost Breath, do cold damage instead of fire. Must be a cone.

Special Qualities:

Scales (Ex) : +2 Nat Armor

Feather Fall (Sp): Feather Fall 1/day, CL:3.

Racial Traits: Dragonblood Subtype, +1 Feat, Disguise Aptitude, Feather Fall 1/day.

Equipment:

Dragon Spirit Cincture (MIC 95, +1 die damage to breath weapon. +1 to save if weilding weapon that matches energy type.) 2000gp

Silver Dragonfang Dagger ( Draconomicon p 117, MWK Dagger, +1 Cold Damage) 300 gp

Darkwood shield 217 gp
Chain Shirt 100 gp
Backpack: 2gp
Silk rope 50 ft, 10gp
Small steel mirror: 10gp
Tent: 10 gp

Total 2649 gp

Remaining: 51 gp.



Background:

Carenath Orn'Terad (Draconic: Carenath the Silver Arrow) was once an ancient silver dragon. A mishap with the development of an epic spell left him a long way from home and not quite all there...

Backstory


"Gods Damn it Care, it's been a week! We've been in Union for a WEEK and we haven't gotten anything done, or gotten any new jobs! Planar Metropolis Central here, and you've been cooped up in this study reading books."

The man who speaks is a human, he appears to be in his twenties, with short silver hair, clad inside a set of cobalt blue armor that seems to glow from the inside. His face has a slight set of silvery scales running down the side, and across his back is strapped a spear that glows with multicolored light.

The object of his ire sits at a nearby table, he appears human at first glance, long silver hair reaches from his head to the small of his back, and his features are that of an attractive man in his thirties.

The eyes give it away.

The mans eyes are solid silver, a hundred different shades at once, and they seem to ripple as if molten. The air around him seems to be preternaturally cold as well, and he is engrossed in the stone tablet he is reading.

"Are you even LISTENING to me?!"

Carenath sighs and turns his head. His voice is deep and echoing, yet it seems too low to have carried the distance between the men.

"Calm down Luthex. I have been in research. The development of spells that bind one's essence to the cosmos and allow it to tap a smidgen of magic's unlimited power can not be acessed at the drop of a hat, by Io. Every small permutation must be calculated..."

The man at the door sighs in irritation

"Yes, and checked, and double checked, and sent on a round trip to Hades and back via the Styx! I hate waiting around oh wise one, how long until we can DO something?"

"Calm down, it's not always about money."

Luthex stares stunned.

"Not all abou... Listen here you overgrown reptillian jackdaw, you sleep on a bed made up of half a million gold pieces, don't tell me it ain't always about money. Now how long till we can get outta here?"

"Very soon, actually. I am about ready to commence the binding of the spell."

He hefts the stone tablet easily in his hand, the black material glistening in the candlelight.

"Holee... Carenath, why the hell are you writing on ADAMANTINE?"

The older man laughs and turns towards a door in the side of the room

"The magic inherent in this type of spellcasting would destroy most lesser materials used to record it's secrets. This isn't blasted hedge-wizardry, this is High Magic!"

Luthex sighs again.

"One of these days you are going to make a mistake you smug dragon, and when you do I hope I live through it."

Carenath waves him off and enters the connected room.

The room is covered in mystical formulae, written on the walls, the ceilings, the door even. In the center there is a circle filled with magical components; lich dust, dragon scales, demon blood, angel feathers, illithid brains, and similar things. After making a few adjustments, Carenath stands up and streches. His body begins to elongate, his hands turn into claws, his clothes fuse, his neck extends, his tail regrows.

Suddenly, a thirty foot long silver dragon stands in the room.

The dragon mutters a long string of phrases in several languages, then moves his claws in a peculiar pattern. A blue glow fills the glyphs and patterns on the walls of the room, and he is bathed in a soft light. Suddenly, he leans forward and gently blows in the center of the circle, the reagents are covered in ice, and the blue glow creeps upwards until it encompasses them. The block of ice pulses once, twice.

That's when it happened.

Outside the inn, in the street, a fire mage had gotten angry with a compatriat and had decided to show that anger demonstratively. A lance of flame flew wide and struck the side of the building.

Directly outside the room Carenath was using. The blast punched an inch wide hole through the wall, right in the middle of one of the glyphs.

It was enough.

There was a terrible ghastly noise, and an ominous red light eminated from the hole, then the thire wall of the inn exploded outward, but stopped halfway through and seemed to collapse back inward as if pulled by a great force. The wall disappeared, revealing an empty three-walled room.

----------------------------------------------------

Carenath woke with a splitting headache, his vision blurred and his ears ringing. He reached up to rub his eyes, and as he raised his hand to his face he noticed something strange.

It was a human hand.

Carenath's eyes shot open.

"What.. I didn't change back."

He closes his eyes, and tries to reach into the center of himself for his true form.

Nothing.

"This cannot be! What has happened! I..."

"Sir, you are frighting my customers."

Carenath shot his head up, and looked around. He was in some kind of inn, there were a dozen humans there looking at him with expressions ranging from shock to horror.

"Where.. am I?"

A man in an apron walks over and reaches his hand behind his head sheepishly

"Uh, you had too much to drink? Botch a teleport? Happened before. That was some lightshow there."

Carenath turns his silvery glare on the man.

"Where. Am. I."

The man's face takes on a scared expression, and loses its mirth.

"You're in the city of Waterdeep, sir."

"Waterdeep... Toril! I'm on Toril?!"

"Well, yes sir of course you are."

"But I.. I was on... somewhere else... why, why can't I remember? What happened? I was trying to... Gah! I can't remember! Qutssk Fesshk val fel questanos!"

Carenath begins cursing in Draconic, his rage continus rising until he opens his mouth to scream

A cone of flame erupts from his mouth, narrowly missing the innkeeper but setting a table ablaze.

"In the name of Kelemvor man, are you trying to roast me?!"

Carenath stops stunned.

"I shouldn't be able to do that."

He takes a deep breath and this time exhales slowly, calmly, and a cold mist erupts, extingusing the flame.

"But I didn't admix my breath... I... wait, what do I mean by admix.. Why.. Why can't I remember ANYTHING?!"

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave.. Please?"

Carenath turns to the man, who cringes away.

"I'm going."

And so, Carenath, once a pround dragon, has been reduced to a shell of his former self. His memories fragmented, he searches for draconic lore to discover what mistakes he may have made, doing.. whatever he did. He knows he should be MORE.

He does however retain the draconic instinct for treasure and gold, and it is this insinct that has brought him to The Silver Marshes


Personality:


Carenath is a True Dragon, and what he has lost in power, he has retained in personality. He seems to always know the right word to say to defuse a tense situation, and his silver eyes can be extremely unsettling to anyone facing his formidable ire. He isn't emotionless, but he tends to keep his passions buried inside.

Like any dragon, Carenath sees himself as superior stock. Short-Lived mortals are suitable companions however, and he enjoys conversing ona wide variety of topics, especially matters of the arcane. He is an excellent debater, and loves nothing more than a good argument supported with facts.

In battle, Carenath is all business, he uses his breath weapon liberally, Utilizing his Clinging Breath and Entangling Exhalation feats to freeze his foes in their tracks, allowing his allies to finish them. Meanwhile, his insight into all things magical has given him a preternatural sense on magic items and effects, and he can identify these easily.

Thanks for your patience, everyone - first post is a bit lengthy as I have to address everyone separately and try to bring you all together.

Rodolfomaxi - your character sheet seems to be missing Barth's background. Could you add that back in please?
Lorem ipsum dolor sit down and shut up.
Again everyone, I apologise infinitely for all the extended delays. Hopefully RL's doublefisted assault on my time and energy has abated somewhat for now.

Nestled in the northernmost slopes of the Nether Mountains lies the small settlement of Deadsnows. The surrounding mountainsides throw deep, cold shadows over the town. Sheep graze on the lower slopes, guarded by crossbow-armed shepherds as they nibble at the coarse grass that grows between rocky outcroppings. Beyond the grazing land, the land rises rapidly to rocky crags covered sparsely with fir trees, and then to the mist-shrouded Nether Mountains rearing into the sky. From these heights a swift, clear stream cascades downward over several shallow falls to race past the town itself. A cluster of perhaps two hundred wood-frame buildings encircled by an ancient stone wall lies in the lower part of this alpine valley. Outside the wall, a collection of tents, lean-tos, and other makeshift shelters grows like a patch of wild weeds.

The sun is high in a sky devoid of cloud, a warm breeze sweeping through the gravel streets and caressing the tall grass. The town buzzes with life as vendors peddle their wares to prospectors who in turn harass locals for information who themselves bustle about, trying to make their own coin from the rush or just attempting to mind their own business. Some can be seen making an effort to clean up the remnants of the Midsummer festival two days ago, an effort that has been made difficult by the increased traffic within the town.

Dalin

With some simple directions from the guard, Dalin finds his way to a small shop near the center of town. Entering, he finds a small and simple but well-kept room, shelves with bottles and pouches neatly stacked and labeled, and a man of roughly fifty years sitting at a large oak desk littered with texts, arduously mixing ingredients in a flask. Just a moment... he mumbles without looking up.

When he finally finishes, he grunts with satisfaction and sets the flask carefully to the side. Glancing with curiosity at the young man in front of him, the man begins, I suppose you're looking for some potions to assist you in the field... what's this? Seeing the letter in Dalin's hand, the man cuts himself off. Taking the letter, he quickly reads it and a smile creeps onto his face. Well this is a surprise! I don't hear from Berin in over a year and here he is, sending me an apprentice. A chuckle escapes his throat.

You know, he gave us quite a hand through one of the worst winters in recent memory. Not the least of which was pummeling some orcs that decided we were good fodder for their savagery. He pauses, his smile melancholy with nostalgia. Mother was still alive then.

He sighs, clapping the young man on his left shoulder and extending his other hand in formal greeting, Well, Dalin. As I assume Berin told you, I'm Harden Dresdtinn. Have you come to study medicinal alchemy? Cocking his head to one side and with a curious grin, he adds, ...Or something a bit more... arcane?


Barth

As the traveler approaches the bustling frontier town, two bearded men in simple clothes point crossbows at him. One creeps forward slowly, his weapon aimed at the tiefling's head. Welcome... to Deadsnows... He utters slowly, furrowing his brow. Creeping closer still, the man speaks with a brash tone, What is it you seek here? Come in peace or leave the way you came, traveler.


Daevius

One of the shepherds out on the pastures to the east of town notices a man looking perhaps ten years his elder wandering aimlessly through the grass. Gathering some courage, the shy man calls out to the wanderer, Hello! You look lost. Are you looking for the gold fields?


Valeria

As it happened, Valeria had wandered into Deadsnows at the very height of the revelry on Midsummer night. Much of the past two days are a blur... as to whether that is a result of her god's intervention or the town's fine ale (or a combination of the two, perhaps), she is unsure.

Awakening quite literally underneath a tavern table, she sets out to get her bearing of the town and see what information can be gleaned about her divine mission in this remote area of the North.

Roll a Gather Information check, please.


Carenath

The guard calls out as yet another traveler approaches, musing to himself about the haughty air that seems to surround this one. He calls out as the well dressed man draws near, Welcome to... there is a long pause, as he is taken aback by the eyes of the traveler, before finally stammering out the name of his town, ...Deadsnows. Shaking his head as if clearing cobwebs, the man looks at the ground and quickly finishes, Haskar's place in the northwest corner of town has all the prospecting gear you might need. Good luck.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit down and shut up.
DM

One of the shepherds out on the pastures to the east of town notices a man looking perhaps ten years his elder wandering aimlessly through the grass. Gathering some courage, the shy man calls out to the wanderer, Hello! You look lost. Are you looking for the gold fields?

Fixing the youth with vibrant brown eyes that belie the apparent age of his body, Daevius scoffs at the question, "The Golden Fields of Immur-Tarast are overrated, far too many... too many..." His words trail off, the voice losing confidence and his gaze dims for several seconds.

"You there! Young fellow, where am I? Has House Corovant any holdings here?" He addresses the youngster as though the earlier question and words had never happened, the memories of some Fae realm slipping away completely with all that would bring them to mind. From the look of him, it's a wonder he hasn't already frozen to death, those loose clothes wouldn't do a thing to stop a cutting wind.

OOC: I know how the life eating thing can go, trust me. Anyways, I'll be using "Navy" in qoutes for speech and navy italics for internal thought, though I'll try to keep that to a dull roar.
Barth

As the traveler approaches the bustling frontier town, two bearded men in simple clothes point crossbows at him. One creeps forward slowly, his weapon aimed at the tiefling's head. Welcome... to Deadsnows... He utters slowly, furrowing his brow. Creeping closer still, the man speaks with a brash tone, What is it you seek here? Come in peace or leave the way you came, traveler.


Barth stop at the very moment they approach him and raises his arms, in a sign of peace. He stops walking as well to avoid making the man angry without need.
As he comes closer the tiefling answers, with a calm, so calm that is even ... chilling ... voice.

I come in peace, to aid the militia in securing this town and chasing the bandits.

As the man gets even closer, Barth follow his steps for some moments and then lower his head. He then sighs and half smiles as he continue to say in a soft tone:

And i request you: Please put this crossbow down right now, my dear, otherwise i will mistake you for the wrongdoers who i seek to clean out of this place. I'll count to three, no hurries ... one ... two ....


Barth waits for their reaction with a trick close at hand to stop them if they carry bad intentions in their hearts.
Readied sleep spell, save DC:20

Diplomacy check (1d20 16=31)
Show
DM

One of the shepherds out on the pastures to the east of town notices a man looking perhaps ten years his elder wandering aimlessly through the grass. Gathering some courage, the shy man calls out to the wanderer, Hello! You look lost. Are you looking for the gold fields?

Fixing the youth with vibrant brown eyes that belie the apparent age of his body, Daevius scoffs at the question, "The Golden Fields of Immur-Tarast are overrated, far too many... too many..." His words trail off, the voice losing confidence and his gaze dims for several seconds.

"You there! Young fellow, where am I? Has House Corovant any holdings here?" He addresses the youngster as though the earlier question and words had never happened, the memories of some Fae realm slipping away completely with all that would bring them to mind. From the look of him, it's a wonder he hasn't already frozen to death, those loose clothes wouldn't do a thing to stop a cutting wind.

OOC: I know how the life eating thing can go, trust me. Anyways, I'll be using "Navy" in qoutes for speech and navy italics for internal thought, though I'll try to keep that to a dull roar.



The shepherd meets the older man's response with a blank stare. Taking a moment to try to wrap his head around the cryptic words, he finally manages apologetically, 'Fraid I don't know much about politics... Scratching his head, he suggests, I'd wager Lady Icespear would be able to help you with that. Town's just over the hill. He points over his shoulder to the west. Suddenly remembering the other question, he hastily adds, Deadsnows. That's the name of our town.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit down and shut up.
Barth


Barth stop at the very moment they approach him and raises his arms, in a sign of peace. He stops walking as well to avoid making the man angry without need.
As he comes closer the tiefling answers, with a calm, so calm that is even ... chilling ... voice.

I come in peace, to aid the militia in securing this town and chasing the bandits.

As the man gets even closer, Barth follow his steps for some moments and then lower his head. He then sighs and half smiles as he continue to say in a soft tone:

And i request you: Please put this crossbow down right now, my dear, otherwise i will mistake you for the wrongdoers who i seek to clean out of this place. I'll count to three, no hurries ... one ... two ....


Barth waits for their reaction with a trick close at hand to stop them if they carry bad intentions in their hearts.
Readied sleep spell, save DC:20

Diplomacy check (1d20 16=31)


Taken aback, the man steps back and lowers his crossbow, stammering, My apologies... I just...

The other man also lowers his crossbow, steps forward and offers, Forgive our harsh welcome. We don't see many... of your kind out here... the last one to come through here brought strange magics into the town and left destruction in his wake. He pauses to look Barth over before adding cautiously, You don't look much of a warrior... but I have been around long enough to know that people are not always what they appear. If you're interested in helping out, you'd best see Captain Mannock. I believe he's at the jail still, processing some half-orc what tried to rob Haskar's place this morning. Head over there now and you should catch 'im.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit down and shut up.
Valeria

As it happened, Valeria had wandered into Deadsnows at the very height of the revelry on Midsummer night. Much of the past two days are a blur... as to whether that is a result of her god's intervention or the town's fine ale (or a combination of the two, perhaps), she is unsure.

Awakening quite literally underneath a tavern table, she sets out to get her bearing of the town and see what information can be gleaned about her divine mission in this remote area of the North.

Roll a Gather Information check, please.


Taking a big stretch as she exits the tavern, Valeria looks around the place trying to figure out where she has gotten to exactly.

This wasn't the first time Corellon Larethian had lead her somewhere without her realizing it. But it always happened for a reason...and typically turned out fun as well!
Carenath

The guard calls out as yet another traveler approaches, musing to himself about the haughty air that seems to surround this one. He calls out as the well dressed man draws near, Welcome to... there is a long pause, as he is taken aback by the eyes of the traveler, before finally stammering out the name of his town, ...Deadsnows. Shaking his head as if clearing cobwebs, the man looks at the ground and quickly finishes, Haskar's place in the northwest corner of town has all the prospecting gear you might need. Good luck.


Carenath keeps his eyes locked onto the man's and sighs.

Hmph.

A puff of front escapes his nose and dissipates into the air.

Prospecting. Dragging raw precious metals from the earth, to be refined into baubles and trinkets. You mortals have strange ways to be sure.

He drags his gaze away from the man, and directs it towards the town itself.

Still. I will need some fluid assets to procure the proper reagents... I suppose it couldn't hurt to investigate.

He begins to walk towards the town, ignoring the guards' questioning looks and mutterings. He steps forward and matches pace with the traveler ahead of him, Barth, turning his argent gaze over to him. A look of interest quickly crosses his face, before it settles back into it's standard neutral expression.

Interesting. Not quite mortal are you? I should guess that you have fiendish blood in you, approximately 4 or more generations, but less than 12, back in your genealogy. What brings you to such a place as this? I can't imagine the cold climate agrees with your biology.
Terminus

The shepherd meets the older man's response with a blank stare. Taking a moment to try to wrap his head around the cryptic words, he finally manages apologetically, 'Fraid I don't know much about politics... Scratching his head, he suggests, I'd wager Lady Icespear would be able to help you with that. Town's just over the hill. He points over his shoulder to the west. Suddenly remembering the other question, he hastily adds, Deadsnows. That's the name of our town.


"No matter, it would not be within the Way to take their aid." Daevius dismisses the thought of contacting his family as swiftly as it came to mind, but the shepherds other words linger, "Icespear you say? Lady Icespear of Deadsnows; a servant of dread sleeping Klomaur, Ice Kraken? Thank you, young fellow."

If there is a reply to these last words, the stranger wanderer does not linger to hear it, he is already trudging up over the aforementioned hill in his sandals. Strange, his breath didn't mist the air.

Who is Klomaur that I or any other should dread him? These memories disturb and are not of this place, where things can be as they seem. I should not speak of them, lest I draw their attention. Whose attention? Damn the vagaries of my own mind!
Valeria

Her senses still a bit hazy, all the barbarian can manage to glean from the sights, sounds, and passersby is that she is in a town called Deadsnows that had its Midsummer festival two days ago and has been experiencing a gold rush for the last few months.

Questioning a few locals about orc activity yields a few varying but equally unhelpful responses. Some merely shrug and go about their business, some frown and caution that merely mentioning the beasts is bad luck... the only seemingly useful piece of information comes from a halfling resting against the outside wall of a shop, flicking a dagger up and down in his hand repeatedly. Methinks ya might hang out in Snowtown if yer lookin' fer that kinda intelligence, he says with a sly grin.


Daevius

Cresting the hill and approaching the town's south gate, Daevius can clearly see a mess of tents and temporary huts collecting outside the town, spilling out from just to the left of the gate and continuing out of sight around the corner. Just inside the area where this spillover begins, two figures can be seen having some sort of interaction.

Spot check please.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit down and shut up.
Valeria

Her senses still a bit hazy, all the barbarian can manage to glean from the sights, sounds, and passersby is that she is in a town called Deadsnows that had its Midsummer festival two days ago and has been experiencing a gold rush for the last few months.

Questioning a few locals about orc activity yields a few varying but equally unhelpful responses. Some merely shrug and go about their business, some frown and caution that merely mentioning the beasts is bad luck... the only seemingly useful piece of information comes from a halfling resting against the outside wall of a shop, flicking a dagger up and down in his hand repeatedly. Methinks ya might hang out in Snowtown if yer lookin' fer that kinda intelligence, he says with a sly grin.


Valeria looks fondly at the halfling and say with genuine graitude "Thank you for your kind help."

Valeria then continues in the direction she was headed for a little bit. Then she stops, slightly confused, before turning around and heading back the other way pointedly passing the halfling once more for a little ways before stopping again. Then she turns around a final time, returning to the halfing again.

"Sorry, I have seem to have misplaced my directions, could point the way to Snowtown for me."
Valeria looks fondly at the halfling and say with genuine graitude "Thank you for your kind help."

Valeria then continues in the direction she was headed for a little bit. Then she stops, slightly confused, before turning around and heading back the other way pointedly passing the halfling once more for a little ways before stopping again. Then she turns around a final time, returning to the halfing again.

"Sorry, I have seem to have misplaced my directions, could point the way to Snowtown for me."

The halfling laughs heartily at the elf's odd mannerisms, and again at her question. Without moving away from the wall, he catches his dagger by the hilt and uses its blade to point over Valeria's left shoulder. It's that mess just outside the south gate. Turn left at that house there, he gestures with the dagger again to point it out before finishing, and yer gonna see the gate. Just outside town is where all them prospectors and such are campin'.

With this, he nods, and looks down at his hands, where he seems to suddenly find something unexpectedly unpleasant, and instantly takes to cleaning his fingernails with the point of his dagger.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit down and shut up.
Show
The halfling laughs heartily at the elf's odd mannerisms, and again at her question. Without moving away from the wall, he catches his dagger by the hilt and uses its blade to point over Valeria's left shoulder. It's that mess just outside the south gate. Turn left at that house there, he gestures with the dagger again to point it out before finishing, and yer gonna see the gate. Just outside town is where all them prospectors and such are campin'.

With this, he nods, and looks down at his hands, where he seems to suddenly find something unexpectedly unpleasant, and instantly takes to cleaning his fingernails with the point of his dagger.


"Ah, there they are."
Valeria then heads off in the direction pointed, and starts softly singing a elven children's song to herself, rather poorly even in her native language. It is more or less about how trees and plants are your friend and the sun will make you grow strong and fast. She's forgotten more than a few or words which get replaced by the elven equivelnt of something.

As she sets foot into Snowtown she finds the nearest person, steps up them, takes a pause from her singing and asks in common, "Can you tell me anything about the activity of Grumash's sons in the area?" Then she resumes singing, even more softly, practicly under her breath.
Carenath

He begins to walk towards the town, ignoring the guards' questioning looks and mutterings. He steps forward and matches pace with the traveler ahead of him, Barth, turning his argent gaze over to him. A look of interest quickly crosses his face, before it settles back into it's standard neutral expression.

Interesting. Not quite mortal are you? I should guess that you have fiendish blood in you, approximately 4 or more generations, but less than 12, back in your genealogy. What brings you to such a place as this? I can't imagine the cold climate agrees with your biology.


Barth heads toward the town center searching for what would be this jail and Captain Mannock. When the stranger comes behind asking the questions he replies:

Your guesses are correct, i bring fiendish blood in my veins but not fiendish behavior. I came to aid this town in dealing with the evil within.

He stops at the spot and waves his black and reddish mantles around him. Glaring at his interloper and addressing him a serious tone.

My biology has long before get used to these various climates of Toril, for i travel at some time now. And you ... stranger ... i dare not comment about your mystic heritage as it is obviously not of my concern but instead: what brings you to this place? Ore?


If the once-dragon seems to share some objectives with Barth he invites him to go see this captain with him and becomes more friendly. Feel free to RP that for us both Roku ;) And i suggest you choosing another color of speech, for gray generally being for OCC. Try Dimgray or darkslategray
Valeria

"Ah, there they are."
Valeria then heads off in the direction pointed, and starts softly singing a elven children's song to herself, rather poorly even in her native language. It is more or less about how trees and plants are your friend and the sun will make you grow strong and fast. She's forgotten more than a few or words which get replaced by the elven equivelnt of something.

As she sets foot into Snowtown she finds the nearest person, steps up them, takes a pause from her singing and asks in common, "Can you tell me anything about the activity of Grumash's sons in the area?" Then she resumes singing, even more softly, practicly under her breath.


Stepping out of town proper and into the area the halfling referred to as Snowtown, Valeria notes a distinct absence of people. The makeshift dwellings certainly look lived-in, but at first sight it seems they are all empty. Continuing to walk through, she finally catches a glimpse of someone just around the corner of the town's outside wall. Catching up to the figure, she calls out her question to grab the person's attention.

The figure stops suddenly, spinning sharply to look at Valeria as she trots up. Before the elf towers a large-chested brute of obvious orc lineage with a scowl firmly affixed to a hairly lip, one rotting bottom tooth poking out like a malignant growth, a furrowed brow and narrowed eyes beneath an enormous greasy forehead. The half-orc bears down over the foot-and-a-half shorter elf and bellows, Y'ain't got much sense askin' 'bout One Eye out here widdat purty lil mouf!

Straightening up and before Valeria has a chance to respond, the half-orc seems to shift in demeanor without changing the rude tone of voice, Come buy a drink and we'll talk. With this, the half-orc wipes her hands on the filthy apron tied around her ample waist and stomps off in the direction she had been going.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit down and shut up.
Dalin

With some simple directions from the guard, Dalin finds his way to a small shop near the center of town. Entering, he finds a small and simple but well-kept room, shelves with bottles and pouches neatly stacked and labeled, and a man of roughly fifty years sitting at a large oak desk littered with texts, arduously mixing ingredients in a flask. Just a moment... he mumbles without looking up.

When he finally finishes, he grunts with satisfaction and sets the flask carefully to the side. Glancing with curiosity at the young man in front of him, the man begins, I suppose you're looking for some potions to assist you in the field... what's this? Seeing the letter in Dalin's hand, the man cuts himself off. Taking the letter, he quickly reads it and a smile creeps onto his face. Well this is a surprise! I don't hear from Berin in over a year and here he is, sending me an apprentice. A chuckle escapes his throat.

You know, he gave us quite a hand through one of the worst winters in recent memory. Not the least of which was pummeling some orcs that decided we were good fodder for their savagery. He pauses, his smile melancholy with nostalgia. Mother was still alive then.

He sighs, clapping the young man on his left shoulder and extending his other hand in formal greeting, Well, Dalin. As I assume Berin told you, I'm Harden Dresdtinn. Have you come to study medicinal alchemy? Cocking his head to one side and with a curious grin, he adds, ...Or something a bit more... arcane?
OOC: Sorry it took so long, my internet was down the last few days.

Dalin is slightly shocked when Harden mentions that he hasn't heard from Berin in over a year. It was not like his mentor to ever let anything fall behind. Still, from the lands they had been traveling in the last year, it may have been hard to get any communication out.

Taking the offered hand, he grasps it firmly as a smile crosses Dalin's face at Harden's question. "I didn't realize the two were mutually exclusive." he says with a wink. With a slightly more serious air he continues, "I did come here to study magic, but it seems you have had quite the influx of population lately. I am sure you could use a hand around the store here as well. So... where do you need me?"
Valeria

Stepping out of town proper and into the area the halfling referred to as Snowtown, Valeria notes a distinct absence of people. The makeshift dwellings certainly look lived-in, but at first sight it seems they are all empty. Continuing to walk through, she finally catches a glimpse of someone just around the corner of the town's outside wall. Catching up to the figure, she calls out her question to grab the person's attention.

The figure stops suddenly, spinning sharply to look at Valeria as she trots up. Before the elf towers a large-chested brute of obvious orc lineage with a scowl firmly affixed to a hairly lip, one rotting bottom tooth poking out like a malignant growth, a furrowed brow and narrowed eyes beneath an enormous greasy forehead. The half-orc bears down over the foot-and-a-half shorter elf and bellows, Y'ain't got much sense askin' 'bout One Eye out here widdat purty lil mouf!

Straightening up and before Valeria has a chance to respond, the half-orc seems to shift in demeanor without changing the rude tone of voice, Come buy a drink and we'll talk. With this, the half-orc wipes her hands on the filthy apron tied around her ample waist and stomps off in the direction she had been going.


"Certainly!" Valeria responds cheerfully, apparently missing or ignoring the the half-orc's tone. Following behind in momement of silence, Valeria pipes up still full of cheer, "And the reason I ain't got much sense is cause Corellon made me so pretty there wasn't any space left!" She continues follow humming cheerfully to herself now.
Barth

Barth heads toward the town center searching for what would be this jail and Captain Mannock. When the stranger comes behind asking the questions he replies:

Your guesses are correct, I have fiendish blood in my veins but not fiendish behavior. I came to aid this town in dealing with the evil within.

He stops at the spot and waves his black and reddish mantles around him. Glaring at his interloper and addressing him a serious tone.

My biology has long before get used to these various climates of Toril, for i travel at some time now. And you ... stranger ... i dare not comment about your mystic heritage as it is obviously not of my concern but instead: what brings you to this place? Ore?

Carenath raises an eyebrow. Indeed. I am here to procure necessary magical reagents and monies for a... project I am working on. As to my current form, suffice to say you would not believe me if I told you. Assuming your venture may lead to said moneys, I should be happy to assist you. I do not know anyone else in the vicinity. I have some skill at combat I should think.

Carenath then turns his head and coughs, a small plume of flame escapes his mouth and quickly dissipates.

Drat. I'm never going to get used to breathing fire.
I was going to complain about the colour, but you seem to have fixed it. ;)
Lorem ipsum dolor sit down and shut up.
Yeah, Yeah :P
After seeing the flame sprouting out of the mouth of Carenath, Barth thinks to himself:
So he has some arcane prowess as well...

Let us go then, your combat abilities should be a fair match to my social... erm..speech ones. And stealthy to some extent. If we shall find money in our path i do not know...

The tiefling pauses for a moment and stretches his hand for the dragon:

But we shall bring good news in our passage.
My name is Barth Flame'on.


After that we shall go directly to the prision!
Valeria

"Certainly!" Valeria responds cheerfully, apparently missing or ignoring the the half-orc's tone. Following behind in momement of silence, Valeria pipes up still full of cheer, "And the reason I ain't got much sense is cause Corellon made me so pretty there wasn't any space left!" She continues follow humming cheerfully to herself now.


An audible grunt of disgust issues from the half-orc at Valeria's mirthful response, but other than this she remains silent as she shoves her way between tents in her path.

After about a minute of this brisk walk, the half-orc leads Valeria to a large shabby barn. Over the entrance hangs a primitive sign crudely fashioned from what appears to be a small buckler painted an unsightly shade of green with something resembling a mug drawn over it in an equally garish red.

An angry-looking man steps through the open doorway and addresses the half-orc, Vandar! I go out to the fields for a few hours and all my stuff-- The man's complaint is cut short as the half-orc plants her large hand over his face and shoves, snarling, Shut yer meathole, human! He reels, smacking the back of his head against the outer wall of the barn and crumpling into a heap to the right of the entrance. With this, she stomps inside.

Stepping inside, Valeria is assaulted with the smell of sweat and urine. Save for a small handful of drunkards sitting on barrels at tables made of planks of wood stacked on large crates, the place is mostly empty. Vandar bustles off and comes right back with a clay mug, shoving it at the elf.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit down and shut up.
Daevius

Cresting the hill and approaching the town's south gate, Daevius can clearly see a mess of tents and temporary huts collecting outside the town, spilling out from just to the left of the gate and continuing out of sight around the corner. Just inside the area where this spillover begins, two figures can be seen having some sort of interaction.

Spot check please.


Daevius strides forward towards the town's gate without hesitance, squinting to peer across the distance as he goes. An interesting place. Here, even the snow can die.

Spot (1d20 3=12)

OOC: Sorry for being a bit slow/short, I have to head off to work immediately and my internet is being sporadic. Bigger post this evening, if the lightning be willing ;)
Valeria

An audible grunt of disgust issues from the half-orc at Valeria's mirthful response, but other than this she remains silent as she shoves her way between tents in her path.

After about a minute of this brisk walk, the half-orc leads Valeria to a large shabby barn. Over the entrance hangs a primitive sign crudely fashioned from what appears to be a small buckler painted an unsightly shade of green with something resembling a mug drawn over it in an equally garish red.

An angry-looking man steps through the open doorway and addresses the half-orc, Vandar! I go out to the fields for a few hours and all my stuff-- The man's complaint is cut short as the half-orc plants her large hand over his face and shoves, snarling, Shut yer meathole, human! He reels, smacking the back of his head against the outer wall of the barn and crumpling into a heap to the right of the entrance. With this, she stomps inside.

Stepping inside, Valeria is assaulted with the smell of sweat and urine. Save for a small handful of drunkards sitting on barrels at tables made of planks of wood stacked on large crates, the place is mostly empty. Vandar bustles off and comes right back with a clay mug, shoving it at the elf.


Taking seat where one can be found, Valeria settles in and takes the mug in both hands holds in front of her on the table. She takes a sudden serious expression, the cheer vanishing from her voice as she address Vandar, "Now, you say you can tell me more about the marauders in the area? Any information you can provide would be most useful.
Dalin


Dalin is slightly shocked when Harden mentions that he hasn't heard from Berin in over a year. It was not like his mentor to ever let anything fall behind. Still, from the lands they had been traveling in the last year, it may have been hard to get any communication out.

Taking the offered hand, he grasps it firmly as a smile crosses Dalin's face at Harden's question. "I didn't realize the two were mutually exclusive." he says with a wink. With a slightly more serious air he continues, "I did come here to study magic, but it seems you have had quite the influx of population lately. I am sure you could use a hand around the store here as well. So... where do you need me?"


The older man nods and laughs at Dalin's first comment, Indeed! Well said, young man. His smile broadens at Dalin's willingness to help out wherever needed. Sounds like Berin's work ethic has rubbed off on you. Well... I'd hate to make you feel like an errand boy, but you having knowledge of the arcane will make it much easier for you to find some things for me. See, I've been so busy here with the shop lately that I have had scarcely a minute to restock on the proper components. Seems everyone is hoping for a bit of magical assistance. He says this last with a slight sigh, then claps his hands, rubbing them together. But! A busy man is a peaceful one, Mother used to always say.

Anyway, he says, walking back to his desk and flipping a few pages in a book, I thought you might not mind going out towards the gold fields, I'm certain you can find many of these supplies on the way. You may even find a bit of gold for your trouble, eh? He raises an eyebrow and grins. But his grin falters a bit, and he cautions, Just be careful. This sort of situation brings out the worst in people. I've heard a few stories recently about a gang of claim jumpers roughing people up for their finds.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit down and shut up.
Daevius


Daevius strides forward towards the town's gate without hesitance, squinting to peer across the distance as he goes. An interesting place. Here, even the snow can die.

Spot (1d20 3=12)


Daevius can just barely make out the two figures seemingly having some kind of conversation, one appears to be of orcish descent, the other a human. As he draws nearer, the conversation apparently ends and the half-orc stomps off out of sight. The human walks back towards Daevius, stopping to stand in front of the gate. He does not appear to have seen the man coming down the hill towards him.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit down and shut up.
Barth and Carenath

After that we shall go directly to the prison!


The two stride through town together, arriving at the jail just in time to see a stout human stagger out of the building, stumble to his knees a few feet to the left of the door, and retch upon the ground. A broad-shouldered man in breastplate stands at the doorway, one hand resting on the hilt of a longsword sheathed at his side. He rolls his eyes at the sickened man, shaking his head with an exasperated chuckle, Maybe this'll teach you to drink a bit less tonight, Randall. I'd rather not see you back in here. We don't have the space. He mutters the last bit under his breath, glancing back through the door into the building.

Turning and noticing the unusual pair in front of him, the man raises an eyebrow, shifting his gaze back and forth between the two. Can I help you two with something?
Lorem ipsum dolor sit down and shut up.
Valeria

Taking seat where one can be found, Valeria settles in and takes the mug in both hands holds in front of her on the table. She takes a sudden serious expression, the cheer vanishing from her voice as she address Vandar, "Now, you say you can tell me more about the marauders in the area? Any information you can provide would be most useful.


The half-orc scoffs laughter, some spittle flying from her lip and landing on Valeria's cheek. 'S'yer funeral, girlie! Glancing around herself overdramatically, Vandar leans in close, her stinking breath barraging the elf like a high storm. Lowering her voice, she grunts, I done heard they seen a warband up there West. She straightens up, placing her hands on her hips. You go'n do somethin bout it, pansygirl? Go reshcue our town! With this she guffaws crassly, splattering Valeria with more stray saliva.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit down and shut up.
Valeria

The half-orc scoffs laughter, some spittle flying from her lip and landing on Valeria's cheek. 'S'yer funeral, girlie! Glancing around herself overdramatically, Vandar leans in close, her stinking breath barraging the elf like a high storm. Lowering her voice, she grunts, I done heard they seen a warband up there West. She straightens up, placing her hands on her hips. You go'n do somethin bout it, pansygirl? Go reshcue our town! With this she guffaws crassly, splattering Valeria with more stray saliva.


Valeria weathers the half-orc's talk, even going as far as nodding in agreement with all that was said. Then Valeria leans in as well, her breath of smelling flowers and fine berries. Her face twists up into an insane looking smile, one that would most likely make a lesser person back off. "Do you not get it Vandar? I was sent by Corellon Larethian to take care of this! He guides my actions himself, if this was not within my power I would not be here! The blade on my back is not merely for decoration, though it is a good conversation piece as well! And I think with a little time and effort you could look rather pretty!" By the end Valeria has stood and is screaming, her words punctuated with spit as Vandar's were. Finished, her face returns to back to serious, and says "Now, is there a force in town that was silly enough to try a non-ordained attempt or sponsor one? While Corellon Larethian guides me, its up to me earn a living at it.
Barth and Carenath

The two stride through town together, arriving at the jail just in time to see a stout human stagger out of the building, stumble to his knees a few feet to the left of the door, and retch upon the ground. A broad-shouldered man in breastplate stands at the doorway, one hand resting on the hilt of a longsword sheathed at his side. He rolls his eyes at the sickened man, shaking his head with an exasperated chuckle, Maybe this'll teach you to drink a bit less tonight, Randall. I'd rather not see you back in here. We don't have the space. He mutters the last bit under his breath, glancing back through the door into the building.

Turning and noticing the unusual pair in front of him, the man raises an eyebrow, shifting his gaze back and forth between the two. Can I help you two with something?


Taking the lead of the couple, Barth steps forward and half-bows for the jailkeeper.

Yes you can, Greetings Sir!

Returning to stand and looking him intensely on the eyes the tiefling proceeds.

I have traveled great distances to arrive at Deadsnows in hope of making righteousness prevail in these lands.Are you Captain Mannock?

If he is not i ask to speak with the man.Then...

Captain, My name is Barth Flame'on, this is my companion Carenath. And i hereby offer my services to the town, doing whatever is in my powers to diminish the evil that taints the hearts of the people. This isn't out of madness or without purpose:my actions reflect my beliefs and personal desires.


Nodding to the man, making sure he is following through, Barth adds as he points to the ancient dragon:
Carenath is a excellent combatant and shall be able to aid us in any task ahead. He would seek proper payment,tough, which i'm more than happy to ease for you by handling him whatever reward i, or we, would receive.

What are our first orders my captain?

Diplomacy, if needed. (1d20 16=27)
Carenath turns his argent gaze on the captain.

I will accept payment in precious metals, gems, or magical artefacts.

He pauses for a moment and glances around.

Also, I would not disagree with aquiring a map of the surrounding environs. I'm a bit far from home here.
soudou
The older man nods and laughs at Dalin's first comment, Indeed! Well said, young man. His smile broadens at Dalin's willingness to help out wherever needed. Sounds like Berin's work ethic has rubbed off on you. Well... I'd hate to make you feel like an errand boy, but you having knowledge of the arcane will make it much easier for you to find some things for me. See, I've been so busy here with the shop lately that I have had scarcely a minute to restock on the proper components. Seems everyone is hoping for a bit of magical assistance. He says this last with a slight sigh, then claps his hands, rubbing them together. But! A busy man is a peaceful one, Mother used to always say.

Anyway, he says, walking back to his desk and flipping a few pages in a book, I thought you might not mind going out towards the gold fields, I'm certain you can find many of these supplies on the way. You may even find a bit of gold for your trouble, eh? He raises an eyebrow and grins. But his grin falters a bit, and he cautions, Just be careful. This sort of situation brings out the worst in people. I've heard a few stories recently about a gang of claim jumpers roughing people up for their finds.
Dalin sighs. "Some people's greed knows no bounds."

Dalin looks over the list of supplies. "Well the glasswear I can probably find at a few of the mineing supply stores on the way out of town. Is there a particular one you use or just any one will do? As for these herbs... wow, do all of these grow in this area? I would have thought it too cold for athalis. Is there a river or something nearby where it grows? I guess I am kind of new to town... I don't even know which way it is towards the gold fields." he says with a blush.
Barth and Carenath

The man at the door stands and listens to the two strangers in stark silence, his other eyebrow raising in curious amusement as the fiendish-blooded one goes on about aiding the town in a righteous cause. The curious expression turns to one of outright bewilderment when the silver-eyed one finally speaks.

I'd think this some sort of elaborate jest, if not for the truth in your eyes, the man finally manages to conjure. He shakes his head, his face returning to the neutral, controlled look it held when he first exited the building. He gives their strange words no further redress, seeming very confident in his judge of character.

Well then, he begins, nodding firmly, yes, I am Mannock. Well met, Barth and Carenath. As you may have noticed, our town is in a bit of a crisis. I certainly could use a few persons of good intent to help me clean up a bit. Mannock looks the two up and down, seeming to size them up.

He curls his lip in thought, beginning with a cautious tone, Well, at current it seems the most pressing issue is the nightly attacks on our livestock. The shepherds certainly have been loath to leave me alone about it. There appears to be a large flying monster preying on the flocks out on the pastures by night. I've heard little else in description of the beast, as it has either been too dark or those who witnessed sheep being snatched into the air like a child's plaything must have fled in terror. With this he pauses again, and adds, But I certainly would not in good conscience send out only two men to investigate without knowing the true brevity of the situation.

Turning again to Carenath and catching his shining eyes, he addresses the man's payment terms, I'm afraid city coffers are a bit strained at current. However, the shepherds have scraped together a reward of 150 gold, which Lady Icespear has offered to match, in exchange for the resolution of their problem. If you can get a few more men together, we can talk about this a bit more. He pauses to stroke his chin. Else, as far as precious metals go, you are always welcome to try your luck out on the gold fields. While you're out there, you can keep an eye out for me. I've heard rumours and at least one open complaint about some ruffians bullying prospectors out of good claims.


Dalin

Harden grins broadly as Dalin goes over the list. I see you know your stuff, he compliments the young man. But of course there's a river nearby! You would've crossed it on the way into town. Several cold mountain streams snake down from the south and feed into it. It is, in fact, one of these in which the gold flakes were first found a few months back. This is quite a coniferous region, but many of these plants also occur naturally on the hillside. With this he seems to blush, and waves a hand in the air flippantly, But let us leave botany for the rangers, yes?

As far as the glassware, and for your own personal scrutiny, do not shop at the stands and other roving peddlers on the way out of town. They sell cut-rate, secondhand, often stolen rubbish... He trails off, stepping away for a moment and returning with a medium-sized box. Haskar Riverside and I have worked out something of an ongoing deal. Just tell him you're from me and he will give you the proper accoutrements. There are some finished potions and things in that box, so do be careful on the way over there. When you've returned the flasks and things here, you can just pop right out of the north end of town, then take the east road up towards the pastures. There's a stream right there, just follow it south and you'll begin to see all sorts of strange and interesting folk trying out their hand at prospecting. He hands the box to Dalin and pats him again on the shoulder. You need anything else, you just come right back and see me.

With this he strides back over to his desk, flips open a book, and begins measuring out herbs in the space in front of him.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit down and shut up.
Sign In to post comments