How do I build a prismatic deck?

I'm trying to build a prismatic deck and need some general pointers.
I'm starting by taking the best typical cards from each colour,
red = damage
blue = draw card
green = draw land
white = gain life
black = discard
and then filling in the gaps with my other faverite cards depending on which colours I'm short on.
Is this the best way? if not what ideas, themes should I be trying? and do i still need 40% land?
Thanks for the help

I've bought the cards and made a deck Now how do I win at this?

Firstly, if you look at any competitive Pris game you'll see a few cards that show up in virtually every deck. These are the staple cards which are just too good in Pris to not use:

Staple cards in Prismatic
Etched Oracle
4 mana for a 4/4 beatstick is good. 4 mana for a 4/4 beatstick that lets you draw 3 cards is very, very good.

Solemn Simulacrum
A cantripping 2/2 beatstick that helps with your mana fixing. Great card.

Eternal Witness
One of the best utility creatures in the game.

Fact or Fiction
Expensive, yes, but the best card drawer online.

Flametongue Kavu
Again quite expensive, but it's a huge tempo advantage.

Kodamas Reach
Better landsearch than Harrow, which you may also want to run.

Senseis Divining Top
The ability to constantly filter through the top of your library is a very useful one in a format as random as Pris, where you can at any moment find yourself needing to draw an answer to anything at all.

Wayfarers Bauble
Not a game-winning effect, but quite a handy card to drop early in the game, and later on you can pitch it to a Thirst for Knowledge.

Dismantling Blow
In a format with lots of artifacts and enchantments, the artifact/enchantment removal card that optionally draws you 2 cards is king. Or something.

Other cards
Basically it depends whether you have access to the money cards or not. Many Prismatic players run FoF, FTK, Pernicious Deed, Vindicate, Diabolic Intent, Absorb and Undermine. Don't fret if you don't have access to expensive cards - while a pricey deck may have an edge over a budget deck, this doesn't mean it's not worth playing budget decks at all.

There are other cards - usually semi-expensive - that appear in a lot of Pris decks that I haven't listed under staples, mostly because there are cheaper alternatives. If you want to see what these cards are, watch a few Pris games in the serious room or from past tourneys.

For a win condition, many players use Rude Awakening or Decree of Justice, but there are so many ways to win that I'll leave it to you to pick one.

Counters are important, because there are a lot of cards that you simply do not want to resolve. Counterspell is the best, but there are lots of alternatives and you'll most likely want to run more than 4.

Graveyard removal is quite useful to have, because cards such as Genesis and Eternal Witness show up in many decks. I recommend a single copy of Scrabbling Claws and some Trinket Mages, which can also be used to grab a Divining Top or Wayfarer's Bauble.

Anyway, to go back to your post for a minute...
red = damage
blue = draw card
green = draw land
white = gain life
black = discard

Whereas I agree that you want to dedicate a fair amount of blue to card drawing, and a bit of green to land searching, I'd strongly advise against using white for lifegain and black for discard. White has board sweepers like Wrath of God and creatures like Exalted Angel. If these are too pricey for you, you might want to use some white weenie creatures and go for an aggressive build, or some of the less-than-2-tix white rare angels from various sets.
Black is arguably the weakest colour in Pris, but there are better things to fill your black slots with than discard - creature removal, for example, or again there are plenty of playable creatures. Having said that, I've seen a couple of people play MBC prismatic decks where the nonblack cards are all either morph creatures or can cycle for colourless mana. It seems to work quite well, although I haven't tried it yet.

and do i still need 40% land?

Yep, you want 100 land and 150 spells. I use the Onslaught fetchlands, although some people prefer the 7E/AP painlands or the INV/8E taplands. Nantuko Monastery and to a lesser extent Blinkmoth Nexus are both very good, and Krosan Verge sees a lot of play.
Theres the 3cc elf that fetches a 6cc creature. Good for mana fixing via landcyclers. Also fetches win conditions like akroma.

My advice: Find the article with the bringer.dec prismatic deck. Thats a good starting place to add and subtract cards. Alot of the pain in making a 5 color deck is simply dragging and dropping all the cards.

If you're on a budget, ie don't have most the cards, don't bother. Its simply not worth it. The format is all about accellerating into some win condition and having a fistful of answers to just about any threat. Most games are lost to mana problems (which usually can be attributed to a bad call on mulliganing or not) or to running out of gas. The good decks have lots of card draw and lots of answers, with only a few win conditions. Most creatures (common win condition) just get removed before they can swing.

Which is why etched oracle is so good. Many times its not worth removing it because its becomes 3 cards.
Although not a great pris player, I can vouch for each of these posts. The staples are correct, with mana cyclers from Onslaught being used alot. Fierce Empath is the fetch crit card refered to above, and it is used to get Krosan Tusker at the start of the game, and used for akroma later or some other card. Tusker is grabbed with it because it gets you a land of your choice, and another card. that is the beauty of Krosan Tusker. one of the top 10 commons of all time IMO.

I see eternal witness far to much, and the counter spells are key.

I just thought I would clarify the last post above and add that small piece of info.

I lose to much to add anything else... and I can never put only 150 spells in...

CC
Thanx to the OP for starting this thread! I actually woke up this morning thinking of starting a thread asking folks what they felt the staples of Prismatic were. Some things I've picked up from reading other threads (right or wrong):

If you don't have a playset of Oracles and Simulacrums, pack some Sculpting Steels and Clones in the deck. Likewise, in addition to Eternal Witness, you'll want some other things to bring these guys back from the dead. Just a few to choose from: Reclaim, Zombify, Betrayal of Flesh, Doomed Necromancer, Gravedigger, Moriok Scavenger, etc. Recursion is what your Black is for, not discard.

If you can't afford 4 Rude Awakening, at least pack 4 Hideous Laughter as defense against it. And the one card that beat me in three consecutive matches in my last Prismatic PE was not Rude Awakening, but Arc Slogger. If you've got it, flaunt it!

Some of the more frequently-seen IPA Commons are Terminate, Repulse and Recoil.

In addition to Genesis, I've seen a ton of good Pris decks packing all the other Incarnations as well.

If you can't afford 4 Wrath of Gods (and few can!), look for Kirtar's Wrath, Solar Tide, and even Breaking Point for mass creature removal.

And I liked the Angels idea! For those of us who can't afford Akroma, Exalted and Reya, there's still Angel of Retribution, Blinding Angel, Iridescent Angel, Luminous, Platinum, Pristine, Serra, and Silver Seraph.

Lands: Some folks pack as high as 42% land, if they include all the sac lands and man-lands. Which is why I pack 4 Blood Moons. ;)

And though the Black Bringer's Been Banned, I still see the others quite frequently in Priz.

Note to Kenoc: Where did you see "the article with the bringer.dec prismatic deck." Was it a topic on these boards, or something on Wizards website, or Starcity, or do you remember. I'd like to see it if you can find a link.

Thanx to all who posted in this thread. Just the kind of info I was looking for.

"ForestDrake, CONNOISSEUR OF CRYPTIC WRITTINGS !" After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F
Excellent addition Forestdrake. I got killed by the recursion Geneisis/duplicant in my only Pris PE I played. I do see that alot too, but once you said Genesis I remembered it.

Oversold Cemetery is also useful and it is not terribly expeneisve. And after you cycle all those land grabbing crits, it can help get them back for more. Breath of life along with zombify with gravedigger and the other townsmen Scrivener, which brings back instants, and Anarchist, which brings back sorceries have seen some pley, but gravedigger is the one most used.

I rarely see the Auramancer or the cartographer get much play.

Thanks, CC
Excellent addition Forestdrake. I got killed by the recursion Geneisis/duplicant in my only Pris PE I played. I do see that alot too, but once you said Genesis I remembered it.

Oversold Cemetery is also useful and it is not terribly expeneisve. And after you cycle all those land grabbing crits, it can help get them back for more. Breath of life along with zombify with gravedigger and the other townsmen Scrivener, which brings back instants, and Anarchist, which brings back sorceries have seen some pley, but gravedigger is the one most used.

I rarely see the Auramancer or the cartographer get much play.

Thanks, CC

Now you're giving away my secret tech! ;)
Yeah, I use the Cemetery, Scrivener and Anarchist as well. But I didn't want to tell him everything!
"ForestDrake, CONNOISSEUR OF CRYPTIC WRITTINGS !" After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F
hehe, well, I didnt know that.

Oh, and the white bringer also likes to bring back duplicant and make the mindslaver loop, which I hate beyond anything.

But hey, I will stop posting and let there still be secrets left out there.

hehe.
Oh, and the white bringer also likes to bring back duplicant and make the mindslaver loop

Grrr! Another one!!

The article URL on the bringer.dec is
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/feature/222
Thanx, Kenoc! I'll see if I actually own any of those cards! ;)
If you don't have a playset of Oracles and Simulacrums, pack some Sculpting Steels and Clones in the deck.

Oracle isn't expensive, so there's no reason why you shouldn't be running 4. Besides, if you Sculpting Steel an existing one then it'll come into play with a maximum of sunburst 3, which defeats the purpose.

A good response to Rude Awakening is Starstorm, which is useful in many other situations too. Having a Deed (or, failing that, an O-Stone) in play also stops it dead in its tracks, but it doesn't have the "surprise" element - it'll just stop them playing it instead.

Two great cards that I positively swear by, but have seen few other people use, are Bind and Squelch. Among the cards it works well against are the fetchlands, Krosan Verge, Etched Oracle, Deed and Mindslaver, all of which show up prominently in the format. Stifle also works well against these, without the added card advantage, but it does have the advantage of being able to deal with a cycled Decree.
Oracle isn't expensive, so there's no reason why you shouldn't be running 4. Besides, if you Sculpting Steel an existing one then it'll come into play with a maximum of sunburst 3, which defeats the purpose.

A good response to Rude Awakening is Starstorm, which is useful in many other situations too. Having a Deed (or, failing that, an O-Stone) in play also stops it dead in its tracks, but it doesn't have the "surprise" element - it'll just stop them playing it instead.

Two great cards that I positively swear by, but have seen few other people use, are Bind and Squelch. Among the cards it works well against are the fetchlands, Krosan Verge, Etched Oracle, Deed and Mindslaver, all of which show up prominently in the format. Stifle also works well against these, without the added card advantage, but it does have the advantage of being able to deal with a cycled Decree.

I just went out and did price checks on a few of the cards we're telling the OP are "Prismatic staples." We're easily talking about dropping a few hundred bucks on one Priz deck here. Pretty ridiculous for a Casual format. Maybe it's time for a Peasant Prismatic format ('cause that's what we'll all be if we build these decks ;) ).

Etched Oracle - 1.75 tix [typo fixed, even though it's still apparently way off; Prices in following posts notwithstanding, I'm still seeing some dealers asking at least 3 tix for a playset]
Clone - 1.25 tix

Solemn Simulacrum - 10 tix
Sculpting Steel - [MANACOST]1[/MANACOST]
Soul Foundry - [MANACOST]1[/MANACOST]
Eternal Witness - [MANACOST]6[/MANACOST]

Pernicious Deed - 74 TIX
Oblivion Stone - 3.5 [typo fixed, even though it's still apparently way off]

Rude Awakening - 10.5
Starstorm - 2.25
Hideous Laughter - .3

Decree of Justice - [MANACOST]8[/MANACOST]
Mindslaver -[MANACOST]2[/MANACOST]
Bind - [MANACOST]2[/MANACOST]
Stifle - [MANACOST]2[/MANACOST]
Squelch - .2

:P
Etched Oracle - 14.75 tix
Oblivion Stone - .5
Hideous Laughter - .3

Oracle can be bought for 4 for a ticket, from dealers at 2 for a tic.
Stone is 2-3 not 0.5
Laughter is less than 0.3. At least 0.25 but realistically you could trade for it.

Yes pris is expensive. First we're talking 250 (265) cards instead of 60(75). Plus we're talking alot of expensive land instead of a budget 2 color.

On top of it, you have alot of the expensive stuff from IPA and Fifth Dawn. IPA and fifth are both rare, but the only sets with multicolor specifically in mind. IPA is more important since it is actually colored.

So yes, it is expensive. But we assumed you knew that. ;)

Peasant pris is around, but the whole reason I started into pris is to use my old expensive cards I normally never play.
Etched Oracle - 14.75 tix

Whaaaaat!?

Edit: Perhaps you were looking at the Etched Oracle avatar.
Yep, I traded 2 tix for 6 oracles about 3 weeks ago. I didnt need 6, but I had a few freinds in my clan who needed one so I got the extra.

They were the cheap and I liked that.

The Eternal Witness's.... thats another story. I figure I will do without simulcrum and witness until I get my inheritance...

hehe.

CC
Another prismatic article, by Jay M-S. This is the one that started me playing prismatic.
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/daily/jm66
It would actually be interesting to see how much a typical "competitive" prismatic deck would cost.

3 ea of Onslaught Fetch Lands 60 tix
2 ea of 7th Painlands 40 tix
2 ea of APOC Painlands 198 tix
Other land including basics/man lands 4 tix

4 x Fact or Fiction 88 tix
4 x Eternal Witness 24 tix
4 x Mirari Wake 36 tix
3 x Decree of Justice 27 tix
4 x Diabolic Intent 100 tix
2 x Rude Awakening 22 tix
4 x Etched Oracle 1 tix
4 x Sensei's Diving Top 1 tix

Hmm 622 tix with 121 cards still to add plus sideboard.

So spending 1,000 tickets or more on a prismatic deck is very easy indeed.

Having said that, I've seen many more budget orientated decks perform ok.

And for those of us that have gone the foil path.. I'm starting a Foil Fanatics Anonymous meeting each month.
OK, guys, several more sets have been added since this thread helped define the "Prismatic Staples."

What's new on the list? What cards were released this year that you would auto-include in a Pris deck?
It doesn't cost 1000 tickets easy for a prismatic deck, those numbers are just off. I don't think anyone runs 4 diabolic intents anyway.

Whats the new stuff? Well, add 4 + 3 + 3 = total 10 for the new shock lands. Since we don't know whats gonna shake out banning-wise, I'd say hold off on the ravnica. There's WAY TOO MANY tutors in ravnica, so we can expect alot of bannings. Otherwise we should expect alot of unbannings. So either way expect a shake up.

Of course, some ravnica cards will be fine, add in those helix, watchwolf for their 2 color overpower, undercostedness, plus the all suns dawn bonus.
Lightning Helix and Putrefy, especially the latter, are an easy 4 of. Vigor Mortis is copies 5-8 of Zombify, if your deck is into reanimation. If you have the money, the rare dual lands are amazing, and with landcyclers and fetch lands will nearly guarantee you will never be color screwed.
Looks like somebody on the Wizards staff was thinking about this. :P

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/feature/298

Actually, this is the thread I was looking for, though the card choices listed throughout probably need to be updated for RAV, MirV and CSP.
I'd like to submit tithe and swords to plowshares as new staples.
I'd like to submit tithe and swords to plowshares as new staples.

STP definitely. But Tithe? I'm not sure a Rare from an underpurchased set will ever make the "staples" list (says the guy who just agreed on a card that's only available in Precon :P ).
I know I'm not gonna go looking to buy a playset of Tithes when Gift of Estates is less Rare and more plentiful.

For those that can't afford a playset of STP's from the secondary market, how about Condemn?
And as long as we're adding cards from Ice Age Precons, how about Brainstorm?
Brainstorm should definitely be listed, if you ask me.

Anyway, I've also got a question about building a prismatic deck.

How do you do it? What resolution do you have to run your computers on to get decent workability for 250 cards at a time. @_@;
Brainstorm should definitely be listed, if you ask me.

Anyway, I've also got a question about building a prismatic deck.

How do you do it? What resolution do you have to run your computers on to get decent workability for 250 cards at a time. @_@;

Though I generally run at 1280x1024, I had no problem reading/manipulating the cards when I was using the old standard 1024x768.

Just remember the first time your library opens up in a window for searching, grab the lower right hand corner of that window and stretch it all the way down to the lower right hand corner of your screen. It should enlarge all the cards big enough to hover over individual ones to see them in the lower-left card view.
The best way to build a prismatic deck is to get someone with a .txt file to email it to you, then start from there. Or download one from magicthegathering.com. There have been various prismatic decks posted in articles.
Wow my first ever thread is still alive :D

I might try and re-start my deck.
As far as land goes for a budgettly build are the karoos good? and i suppose the csp duels with Into the north are worth a try right?

I've bought the cards and made a deck Now how do I win at this?

Wow my first ever thread is still alive :D

I might try and re-start my deck.
As far as land goes for a budgettly build are the karoos good? and i suppose the csp duels with Into the north are worth a try right?

You're welcome! ;)

I see a lot of karoos in Priz. And some of the Coldsnap Snow's, too. As pointed out ad nauseum in the Momir Basic thread, there's not really a downside to running all snow lands, except for Musher.
I believe that Krosan Grip will be a prismatic staple. It deals with 2 of the cards that always make an appearance ... etched oracle and the divining top .... it also stops deeds and is a fine utility card as it hits both artifacts and enchantments.
I've recently acquired a cash surplus of about $100. Rather than take my girlfriend out, or purchase a bunch of CBS rares that have plummeted in price, I decided I'd take a long-term approach and begin to invest in the Million-Dollar Prismatic Mana Base. After the initial outlay (and a Christmas bonus next month), $50 a month will have it complete in about a year. (I already have CoBs, Tendos, and will pick up some Gemstone Mines along the way)

So where do I begin? Using some of the trading bots' prices as rough benchmarks, this is what I can purchase:

16-24 painlands
The largest amount of lands, but the least powerful and some may become redundant once I have enough fetches and duals

8-14 Ravnica duals
More powerful and useful in Prismatic than painlands due to basic land types, not likely to be cut from the deck once a critical mass of lands is reached.

7-10 fetchlands
The most powerful of the lands in Prismatic - with one of every Rav dual, any fetch can get any color. By themselves, not quite as powerful as the duals.

I'm not much of a std/ext player, although if I had sets of lands I'd probably consider playing since the mana base makes up the bulk of the cost. This would require me to buy the most expensive, most popular lands, in 4-ofs, and steal funds away from more lands to buy chase rares, so I think it will have to wait until I'm done (I play prismatic almost exclusively nowadays).

I think maximum 5-color utility would come from starting out with one each of the Rav duals (using Farseek, landcyclers, and Krosan Verge, they would interact with more cards than the other types of lands), then begin purchasing fetchlands. By the time I had a complete set of fetches 10th edition will be out, which will drop the prices of whichever lands don't make it in (I'm guessing that allied duals are in, pains and enemy duals out).

Although: I could have the entire painland set for the cost of around 24 duals/fetches, and painlands play better with bouncelands, which I'm also running about 30 of. This configuration is better in the short-term, and plays better in a control build (aggro needs colors quickly and consistently, control can wait a few turns for the landsearchers to come online).

A third method: buying the lands based on the colors in my deck. Green and blue are the most common colors, followed by black, red, then white. I'm not sure what's statistically more effective - buying enough duals with white or red to pretty much eliminate the need for plains and mountains, or buying g/u, u/b, g/b so that I can consistently get the colors most needed. It's the latter, right?

Which method do you guys think is best? Once I start, I'd like to follow one path, rather than end up with a hodgepodge of the cheapest parts of each strategy.
I would invest in at least 1 of each Ravnica dual land then pick up the fetchlands. A dual counts as 2 specific colors while a fetchland counts as almost any 2 colors you want. A few Mirage fetch lands will help you out until you get all the Ravnica duals you need. You could run 4 Twisted Abomination's as well. Mana fetch + win condition.
Well, we have 3 more Bannings, and I couldn't find Supply/Demand listed in this thread anywhere as a "must play."

The two TS cards were only mentioned once, pre-release, as possibles.

And, yes, this is a shameless of Timotheos' first-ever thread.

;)
Excellent thread. STICKY!!!!!!

Anyway, there is another way to build a fairly effective prismatic deck I didn't see anybody discuss, which might be easier for casual players with more limited card pools, and that is, build a 'giant version' of a 60-card deck you like.

This involves basically just putting more 'copies' of whatever spells your deck already has, in roughly the same proportion as in the original deck. However, when I say copies, the definition is pretty loose, really analogues. That is to say, cards that can closely fulfill the same function or even just fetch the card you are substituting them for. This might take a bit of thought, depending on your collection, and you want to try and pick the most versatile cards for analogues, so for example putrefy is much more desirable than dark banishing for 3 cc creature removal, because not only can it kill ANY creature not just nonblack ones, but it can also kill an artifact.

For example, in trying trying to find an analogue for
last gasp
Besides many other cards in black that could fill in, I can think of several cards of other colors off the top of my head which could fulfill nearly exactly the same purpose and maybe add more versatility. Note that these are by far not the only choices, and probably even not the best ones, they are just examples.
RED: volcanic hammer, yamabushi's flame (added effect of being able to target the player with no creatures around, a plus).
WHITE: white is kind of tricky, as most of its effects involve things being in combat, but orim's thunder is a good (and affordable common) white spell that can generally kill a creature of that size while killing off artifact or enchant too, arrest or faith's fetters is also good white single target removal, the fetters able to disable ANY permanent with abilities AND gain you life, pretty nice.
GREEN: giant growth to kill that 3/3 with even your puniest blocker or attacker, maybe unyaro's bee sting for some direct damage, or even just some creature with flash that can block. There's always mystic snake, if you have him.
BLUE: good ol' counterspell, mana leak, etc. creature still goes to graveyard, (as long as you catch it while it's being cast) mission accomplished, but you get the added effect of being able to stop ANYTHING, not just a 3 toughness critter. Another very good choice is pretty much any blue spell with transmute.

You can make your deck focus on just one or 2 colors pretty easily, and then the only cards from the other colors you put in are ones that complement the cards from those colors or let you fetch cards from those colors. However, you will usually find that you will still want to tend towards green most of the time, and dedicate a little bit more of your deck towards land fetch/fixing (it's really hard to have too much of this in prism). Also, don't worry if some of the cards you had to pick as analogues have slightly higher mana costs than the originals, prismatic tends to be a slower format usually, and somewhat heavier mana curves are fine, if not actually better. These types of decks can work quite well, and have great synergy in my experience.

Good examples of some of these type of prism decks are the MBC prism decks mentioned before, prism decks based around honden or beacons, prismatic sliver decks, and spirit/arcane decks.
Found a few cards in Future Sight that might make their way into a few Prismatic decks...

White
1 [C]Aven Mindcensor[/C]
1 [C]Judge Unworthy[/C]

Blue
1 [C]Foresee[/C]
1 [C]Reality Strobe[/C]

Black
1 [C]Death Rattle[/C]
1 [C]Minions' Murmurs[/C]
1 [C]Shimian Specter[/C]

Red
1 [C]Arc Blade[/C]
1 [C]Ghostfire[/C]
1 [C]Riddle of Lightning[/C]

Green
1 [C]Cyclical Evolution[/C]
1 [C]Thornweald Archer[/C]

Lands:
1 [C]Dakmor Salvage[/C]
1 [C]Dryad Arbor[/C]
1 [C]New Benalia[/C]

Artifacts
1 [C]Cloud Key[/C]
1 [C]Sliversmith[/C]
ing for TE. This hasn't been updated in a while, and could use some input.
Gonna necro this thread a couple times a year?
Gonna necro this thread a couple times a year?

Mebbe...

LOL, what's that quote? "Adding nothing constructive to a thread near you."
C'mon, IA4, give us yer thoughts on Morningtide in Pris.
If I must:

Dusk Urchins - Seems like a great black card for aggro decks
Polluted Bonds - Great casual card and just lol in mutiplayer
Farhaven Elf - Can see this in PPS/PS not in P
Mana Reflection - Not sure how good this will be, Wake's +1/+1 is nice but it gets played for the mana. This does cost one more for a smaller effect, might still be quite popular.
Prismatic Omen - Okay, helps fix your mana and with domain spells but by itself does nothing.
Augury Adept - Might be an okay blue card for aggro decks, might be an okay card for control on control
Memory Plunder - Could be fine in a heavy UB casual deck.
Ashenmoor Gouger - Good black cards for heavy red aggro decks
Din of the Fireherd - Seems fine in casual
Fulminator Mage - The third good black aggro card I've mentioned...
Murderous Redcap - Think this is too small for a four drop to be that good
Manamorphose - Nice "free" mana fixing, hard to say how good it is without playing with it.
Tattermunge Maniac - Do I have to say anything? Only downside is it is in the two colors aggro usually has the most options for.
Vexing Shusher - meh
Wort the Raidmother - Seems like it could do crazy stuff with the expensive spells in Prismatic casual games
Kitchen Finks - Seems good sideboard vs aggro or in an aggro deck tuned for mirror match.
Safewright Quest - Better than Lay of the Land if your deck has shock lands. Then again if you've got shock lands you probably are not running this.
Wilt-Leaf Liege - Best of the lieges imo, might be worth it.
Dual land cycle - seems great to me, if you want to run heavy in one or two colors run the duals aligned with your main color
Reflecting Pool - Better in control than aggro