Monoprism

Through the use of hybrids, a user is able to build a monocolored prismatic deck in a sense. I have tested this with a black base deck with black hybrid cards to fulfill the 20 of each color requirement.

What are your opinions on such a deck?
Through the use of hybrids, a user is able to build a monocolored prismatic deck in a sense. I have tested this with a black base deck with black hybrid cards to fulfill the 20 of each color requirement.

What are your opinions on such a deck?

I've made red and green versions (I think, it's been a while) and I used morphs and cyclers as fillers for the other colors instead of just hybrids.

My thoughts on it are rather divided.

Mostly, I think it's awesome that there are enough hybrids to do this.

On the other hand, it kind of underscores the impact of the past few sets on Prismatic's supposed difficult deck-building. It's no longer a real 'challenge' to build a Prismatic deck that meets the requirements and has consistency.
MTGO SVCL - Ask me for help if you're lost or confused!
I built a monoblack prismatic deck and I like it quite a bit. I'd be playing it right now, except, you know, they disabled net decks.
I built a monoblack prismatic deck and I like it quite a bit. I'd be playing it right now, except, you know, they disabled net decks.

Net deck? I build mine on my computer.
Someone in the past 2 PEs played a Mono Black aggro deck. He did not make T8 in either, but I played him both times in the Swiss. His deck was ok, it was definitely better in games where he drew few of his hybrid cards and more of his black cards since the hybrids were often of less quality and mainly used because of their hybrid status.

I have an Aggro Red deck like this that does quite well, although it does have a few off color cards just because they are worth running like Dark Confidant and Tarmogoyf. However, I just make sure nearly every land produces red.

I am tempted to build a green deck that is similar.
Green has plenty of accel yeah. A few graveyard return as well and walking abilities.
I think the big benefit of running monoblack is that you can easily play Necropotence and Hymn to Tourach. Ideally, I'd play some gold cards like Gerrard's Verdict, Terminate, Putrefy and Mortify but in testing I discovered I would need a full set of onslaught fetchlands to make that work (and some MED2 duals, too, but that's even more expensive)
I've tried it with all five colors, but my collection lacks a lot of key (read: $$$) cards for Prismatic. The mono-red stunk so bad I deleted it immediately after the first match. The mono-green didn't last much longer, though I got the idea from a guy who stomped me with a mono-green deck back in October. My mono-blue seems to have the most potential.
"ForestDrake, CONNOISSEUR OF CRYPTIC WRITTINGS !" After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F
Mono-green seems to require protection creatures, and Shroud and/or Shroud from opponents cards. You can syphon your deck of lands pretty easily to draw spells faster.
Mono-blue plays out pretty nicely. Lots of counters and evil laughter.