Deck - Traumatic Experience

I am going to try and make an effort to start posting some decklists for people to go off of when trying to enter prismatic. I will make an effort to post both fairly stock lists as well as more creative concepts. To start off This is my Traumatize decklist:

[deck=Traumatic Experience]
White - 20
4* Swords to Plowshares
4* Aven Mindcensor
4* Loxodon Hierarch
4* Kitchen Finks
3* Mystic Enforcer
1* Ray of Revelation
---
Blue - 40
4* Brainstorm
4* Ponder
4* Lat-Nam's Legacy
4* Compulsive Research
4* Fact or Fiction
4* Trinket Mage
4* Narcobeomba
4* Vedalken
Reserved - 1
Reserved - 2
I am liking a mesmeric orb backup plan ... but I use 4 x golgari grave-troll & 4 x stinkweed imp .... which can set-up some nice worm harvest action.

I am also wondering if impulse would be better than lat-nam's legacy.

I also like riftstone portal for using genesis and playing terravore on the same turn.
2 Questions:

1) Why the snow lands?

2) Why the 2 chrome moxes? I'm going to cut these out of my decklist since I sold my moxes to buy dual lands, unless there is a serious reason I'm not understanding.
2 Questions:

1) Why the snow lands?

2) Why the 2 chrome moxes? I'm going to cut these out of my decklist since I sold my moxes to buy dual lands, unless there is a serious reason I'm not understanding.

1) Snow lands are for the Tainted Pact. It diversifies your lands so you don't get hit as easily. Not that one would expect to get hit by a bad draw with one, but it does lower the chances a bit.
MTGO SVCL - Ask me for help if you're lost or confused!
1) Snow lands are for the Tainted Pact. It diversifies your lands so you don't get hit as easily. Not that one would expect to get hit by a bad draw with one, but it does lower the chances a bit.

Ah makes sense; I think I have enough from MED2 drafting hopefully
OK I've built the deck (just need to buy the 4 terravores which should happen today - I'm bargain hunting).

I dropped the two chrome moxes due to not wanting them and I had to swap a few lands around (7 pain lands substituted in for missing duals or shock lands and CoB for the reflecting pool)

I'm going to start a discussion in the prismatic group on mymtgo.com about it; just cuz I want to test that service out a bit more and see how it works. Would encourage you to give it a try plats
I am liking a mesmeric orb backup plan ... but I use 4 x golgari grave-troll & 4 x stinkweed imp .... which can set-up some nice worm harvest action.

I am also wondering if impulse would be better than lat-nam's legacy.

I also like riftstone portal for using genesis and playing terravore on the same turn.

I like some of these ideas as well; I'll try them out once I've played the vanilla version enough to get a handle on it
Sorry I have been kind of MIA since posting this deck list. I never got around to the explanation, which I reserved pots for. Hamtastic is correct about the snow-lands and tainted pact. Also the Chrome Moxes are for Trinket Mage. I would like to have 4 in there but I only own 2. I would suggest running at least 1 or some other mana source to fetch with Trinket Mage, like a set of artifact lands.

I don’t agree with most of the suggestions from Hey_Hermano. Many of which may have been made because I did not provide an explanation for the deck. The deck wins the turn it casts Traumatize or Illusionist/Shuko. Mesmeric Orb would be horribly slow and Worm Harmvest/Stinkweed Imps are only good in the event you fail to go off. The only reason I run Genesis and Grave-Troll at all are for the rare instances that the deck does fail to win when casting a Traumatize due one of the pieces missing from the grave. Worm Harvest is more color intensive than Grave-Troll and also requires a 6th land in hand (although I guess you solve the color issue if you are running riftstone portal, but I don’t like unnecessary colorless lands).

I could see running Impulse over Lat-Nam’s Legacy, but the deck has many cards that you are fine putting back in the deck (aka narcomeoba, dread return, bridge from below, etc.) and I like having the card advantage over the slightly more digging effect. Legacy becomes card advantage in this deck since you are generally getting rid of something that is nearly useless.
I'm going to start a discussion in the prismatic group on mymtgo.com about it; just cuz I want to test that service out a bit more and see how it works. Would encourage you to give it a try plats

Yeah I need to join. I still haven't gotten around to it. Wii has proven to be more entertaining than MTGO recently.
OK I've built the deck (just need to buy the 4 terravores which should happen today - I'm bargain hunting).

You can buy Sutured Ghoul its probably much cheaper than Terravore. I only use the Terravore's since they are slightly better when not comboing off and are cheaper for hard casting when brought back with genesis. Although Terravore may be really cheap now that it is out of Extended.
Sign In to post comments