Epic Swiftblade

3 posts / 0 new
Last post

I suppose this is about as close as you'll get to an official epic Swiftblade progression. So ... There ya go.

Level Spellcasting    Special
----- ------------------------------------- ----------------------------

11 +1 level of arcane spellcasting class 
12 +1 level of arcane spellcasting class Bonus Epic Feat
13 +1 level of arcane spellcasting class
14 +1 level of arcane spellcasting class 
15 +1 level of arcane spellcasting class Bonus Epic Feat
16 +1 level of arcane spellcasting class
17 +1 level of arcane spellcasting class 
18 +1 level of arcane spellcasting class Bonus Epic Feat
19 +1 level of arcane spellcasting class
20 +1 level of arcane spellcasting class Perpetually Expanding Options

Hit Die d6
Skill Points at Each Additional Level 4 + Int modifier

Bonus Epic Feat At 12th level and then every third level thereafter, the Swiftblade gains an epic feat chosen from the following list. He must meet prerequisites for any feat gained this way.

Epic Swiftblade Bonus Feat List Automatic Quicken Spell, Combat Archery, Damage Reduction, Dexterous Fortitude, Dexterous Will, Epic Dodge, Epic Reflexes, Epic Speed, Epic Spell Focus, Epic Spell Penetration, Epic Spellcasting, Fast Healing, Great Dexterity, Improved Metamagic, Multispell, Spell Stowaway, Superior Initiative

Perpetually Expanding Options At 20th level and every tenth level thereafter, the number of additional standard actions per round granted by the Perpetual Options ability increases by one. For example, a Wizard 10/Swiftblade 30 would be able to take three standard actions in one round in addition to his normal actions. Additionally, when making a Spring Attack he gains a bonus attack at his best attack bonus. So the Wizard 10/Swiftblade 30 could make three attacks at his best attack bonus (and one at -5 from Bounding Assault).

New Epic Feat

Shared Swiftness [Epic]

Prerequisites

Spellcraft 25 ranks, Innervated Speed

Benefit

Whenever you cast haste on another creature, that creature gains the full benefits of Blurred Alacrity, Evasive Celerity, Diligent Rapidity, and Perpetual Options. Such a target thus has a 50% miss chance from concealment, a 50% miss chance vs. targeted spells, freedom of movement, and may take an additional standard action every turn.

Normal

Only you may benefit from your improved mastery of haste.

I would roll the bonus feats back to 1/4, and continue the progression of Swift Surge, as it follows a calculable progression. So +3d6/+3 AC/+20 ft at 13th, +3d6/+3 AC/+30 ft at 16th, etc. The Speed and Damage might go up and then the AC, I can't remember, but every six levels, they both go up an increment. Then I would also add Improved Skirmish to their feat list, or it's epic version (if indeed one exists). If Spell Stowaway isn't on the list, it should be (my haste now). That's all I can come up with off the top of my head, and the capstone 20th level ability is sexy.
No, I think the bonus feats are right on. There needs to be as immediate as possible a reason to continue in Swiftblade rather than switch over to some other PrC. One more epic feat over the course of ten levels is nice, BIJNTU.

There is a reason for not continuing Swift Surge advancement. It's the same reason everyone uses the same BAB and save progressions at epic levels. Specifically, attack and save bonuses are already divergent enough at epic levels such that what one character can hit except on a nat 1, another character only hits on a nat 20. Swift Surge would exacerbate this issue. And considering that we're talking about a character who has Epic Spellcasting has soon as he hits character level 21, he's already getting a supreme pizza - let's not give him free pistachios, too.

Good point with Spell Stowaway.
Sign In to post comments