Best "we come in peace as your benefactors" type bad guys...

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
This strikes me more as a sci-fi trope than a fantasy trope, but what monsters do you think are the best at dominating people using a mixture of impressive powers, a guise of paternalistic benevolence, and smooth talking/good looks?

The Inspired/Quori from Eberron are, of course, pretty much designed for this role, at least in their capacity as Lords of Riedra. (In their capacity as the Dreaming Dark, they're more oriented toward subtle infiltration and subversion -- which is distinct from what I'm talking about, namely overt domination with a friendly face.)

I think Rakshasas could also do it. They have impressive sorcerous powers. They can look pretty if they want. Even in their true forms, they don't appear "obviously" evil in the same way as a vrock, cornugon, or the like. They just look anthro-tiger (with slightly odd hands), which isn't obviously worse than leonals, who are anthro-lion.

Efreeti also seem like they could do it. Janni could too, if they wanted to do so.

Other ideas?
succubus, nuff said XD
Gnomes.
Hobgoblins.
Show
I don't have a perfect memory, thus I don't always recall the rules and mechanics perfectly. I also don't usually peruse the book before opening my "mouth", so cut me some slack if I'm little off every now and again. When logic fails to be present, the rational must inject logic into the situation.
Ego pad:
Show
Groveborn: Mesinock, I have been complimented on my ability to convey a message, but I think you are my superior. I haven't noticed you posting much, except when things get very convoluted, but when you do post, it's worth reading.
Fey.
Titans.
Giants.
Half-Dragon Tauric (Lion) Albino Dark Elf.
Non-half-dragon non-tauric Albino Dark Elf.
Druid Cult.
Beguiler Cabal.
Rogue Metallic Dragon.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Sign In to post comments