Master-Slave Rings

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
-I know that I've seen such items mentioned in D&D literature before (The Forgotten Realms Lady Penitent Trilogy), so I know I'm not arbitrarily making things up. I am pretty sure that I've seen such things in a D&D sourcebook before, but it is driving me mad, because I can't find anything. I looked in the DMG, and the MIC, but couldn't find anything in either book. Basically, what I am remembering are a set of rings, one of which is the "master" ring and one of which is the "slave" ring. Whoever wears the master can command- be it dominate, by force/pain, whatever, I don't remember- the person who is wearing the slave.

-Sounds familiar to anyone?
Trolls in sheep's clothing have no redeeming qualities that are beneficial towards the health of the community. My Artwork/Photography/Literature
BoVD
-A ha! You are right! Thank you.
Trolls in sheep's clothing have no redeeming qualities that are beneficial towards the health of the community. My Artwork/Photography/Literature
a'dam, perhaps?
-I don't even know what that means...
-I don't even know what that means...

Book of Vile Darkness.
Book of Vile Darkness.

-Yes, that, I know. I don't know what Ananvilhurtz's reply of "a'dam" means, however.
its from the Wheel of Time series of books by Robert Jordan. did the thing you wanted. dont know if it exists as an item.
its from the Wheel of Time series of books by Robert Jordan. did the thing you wanted. dont know if it exists as an item.

Yuppers. Doesn't in D&D anyway, except in the Wheel of Time Setting.
There is also the enslavement rings from Underdark (pg. 71), that allow the "master" to dominate the wearer of a slave ring.
Could check the Book of Erotic Fantasy. Sounds like it could be along those lines.
Sign In to post comments