OK so it's a 15 foot whip of unstable ectoplasm that's on fire. It can qualify for both Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization. Given all of that, do the following still apply while using Flame Lash:
- Using a whip provokes an attack of opportunity, just as if you had used a ranged weapon.
- You can make trip attacks with a whip. If you are tripped during your own trip attempt, you can drop the whip to avoid being tripped.
- When using a whip, you get a +2 bonus on opposed attack rolls made to disarm an opponent (including the roll to keep from being disarmed if the attack fails).
- You can use the Weapon Finesse feat to apply your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier to attack rolls with a whip sized for you, even though it isn’t a light weapon for you.
- You deal additional damage equal to your Strength modifier.