New Monster Request Thread

1982 posts / 0 new
Last post
Throughout the past couple of months, I've had countless ideas for monsters and such that I just never got around to doing for various reasons. The result: some 300+ monsters in a Notepad file that look like the table of contents for a new Monster Manual.

While looking at my sizeable little file, I realized that I am probably not alone in this situation - surely other players and DMs alike have ideas for monsters, right? But when they don't have time to make them, the monsters begin to fade, and eventually what was a great idea is forgotten.

The solution, then, is this thread. Its purpose is simple: those who would like an entirely new and original monster may request it here, so that I or another like myself may stat it up for you. Note that, unlike its cousin, this thread is not for requesting monsters with templates added to them or those with class levels, but for entirely new monsters altogether.

I will, time permitting, complete as many requests as possible. Along the way, I will also be attempting to finish some of my own ideas from among the massive list that has developed. Keep in mind that all material is PEACHable, and I am always open to suggestions to improve the quality and balance of anything I create. So, without further ado, I present to you the New Monster Request Thread. Please, don't be shy; post your requests.

General Guidlines for Requests
  • Whenever possible, provide as much detail about a creature as you can. This ensures that everyone gets a good idea of what your creature is like before attempting to stat it up. The below template provides an easy way to make sure you've included sufficient information and can be easily copied and pasted into your post, though it is not always necessary to provide all of the listed fields.
    Template for Requests, courtesy of Spastic_Kobold
    [noparse]Name
    Str: (High, medium, low, no idea, or specific score; reason if necessary)
    Dex: (High, medium, low, no idea, or specific score; reason if necessary)
    Con: (High, medium, low, no idea, or specific score; reason if necessary)
    Int: (High, medium, low, no idea, or specific score; reason if necessary)
    Wis: (High, medium, low, no idea, or specific score; reason if necessary)
    Cha: (High, medium, low, no idea, or specific score; reason if necessary)

Target Challenge Rating:
    Notable Special Attacks:
    Notable Special Qualities:

Physical Characteristics: (Height, weight, interesting external features [such as dragon's scales or a fiend's skin])
    Ecology: (Diet, environment, society, etc.)

(Any other important information)[/noparse]
    Sample Request: Troll
    Troll
    Str: 23
    Dex: 14
    Con: 23
    Int: 6
    Wis: 9
    Cha: 6

Target Challenge Rating: 5
    Notable Special Attacks: rend
    Notable Special Qualities: darkvision, low-light vision, regeneration, scent

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gallery/MM35_PG248a.jpg)

Physical Characteristics: Trolls are large, standing about 9 feet tall and weighing near 500 pounds. Their gait is uneven, and when they run, their arms dangle and drag along the ground. For all this seeming awkwardness, trolls are very agile.
    Ecology: Trolls have little culture of their own and live by pillaging. They eat other creatures (they are particularly fond of humanoids) and even each other.

• Although we have users who are familiar with multiple monster formats, the format presented below is typically the most popular and can be easily copied and pasted into your post. Please use this format whenever possible when you are statting out a monster, and make sure that all relevant information is included regardless of the format you use.
    Template for Completed Monsters
    [noparse]Name
    Size Type (Subtypes)
    Hit Dice:
    Initiative:
    Speed:
    Armor Class:
    Base Attack/Grapple:
    Attack:
    Full Attack:
    Space/Reach:
    Special Attacks:
    Special Qualities:
    Saves:
    Abilities:
    Skills:
    Feats:
    Environment:
    Organization:
    Challenge Rating:
    Treasure:
    Alignment:
    Advancement:
    Level Adjustment:

Visual description of the creature.

Other information like the creature's habits and ecology.

Combat
    Short description of the creature's tactics.

Ability (Ex/Su/Sp):

Ability (Ex/Su/Sp):[/noparse]
    Sample Completed Monster: Troll
    Troll
    Large Giant
    Hit Dice: 6d8+36 (63 hp)
    Initiative: +2
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Armor Class: 16 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +5 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 14
    Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+14
    Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+6)
    Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+6) and bite +4 melee (1d6+3)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
    Special Attacks: Rend 2d6+9
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 90 ft., low-light vision, regeneration 5, scent
    Saves: Fort +11, Ref +4, Will +3
    Abilities: Str 23, Dex 14, Con 23, Int 6, Wis 9, Cha 6
    Skills: Listen +5, Spot +6
    Feats: Alertness, Iron Will, Track
    Environment: Cold mountains
    Organization: Solitary or gang (2-4)
    Challenge Rating: 5
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Usually chaotic evil
    Advancement: By character class
    Level Adjustment: +5

This big, bipedal creature is about one and a half times as tall as a human but very thin. It has long and ungainly arms and legs.

Trolls walk upright but hunched forward with sagging shoulders. Their gait is uneven, and when they run, their arms dangle and drag along the ground. For all this seeming awkwardness, trolls are very agile.

A typical adult troll stands 9 feet tall and weighs 500 pounds. Females are slightly larger than males. A troll’s rubbery hide is moss green, mottled green and gray, or putrid gray. The hair is usually greenish black or iron gray.

Trolls speak Giant.

Combat
    Trolls have no fear of death: They launch themselves into combat without hesitation, flailing wildly at the closest opponent. Even when confronted with fire, they try to get around the flames and attack.

Rend (Ex): If a troll hits with both claw attacks, it latches onto the opponent’s body and tears the flesh. This attack automatically deals an additional 2d6+9 points of damage.

Regeneration (Ex): Fire and acid deal normal damage to a troll. If a troll loses a limb or body part, the lost portion regrows in 3d6 minutes. The creature can reattach the severed member instantly by holding it to the stump.

• Request only completely original ideas. Requests for advanced or resized monsters, monsters with templates, or monsters with class levels should be made at the Monster Request Thread.
  • Generally speaking, creatures from TV shows, movies, video games, and the like are difficult to translate without changing their concept. If you wish to request such a creature anyway, please realize that it will probably not be exactly like its source.
  • Try not to request a concept that has already been done. I know that this is not always possible, especially with the large number of non-core books available, but it can usually be avoided by at least skimming through your books.
  • If no one has stated that they're working on your request, wait a day or two and politely point it out, preferably with a link to the original request if possible. Just because no one took up the request initially doesn't mean it was ignored; many of us working on this thread have multiple projects and tend to get very busy when we take on more than a couple requests at a time, so we may not be able to begin working on new ones as soon as they are requested.
  • Please offer constructive criticism only, such as PEACH (Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly).

Completed Requests
All of the requests that have been completed so far.

Pending Requests
These are the current, uncompleted requests, in the order they were made, with a short description and the name of the person who requested it.
Kamasu, by Sorcen_Anenooata
--"Looks like nature threw up."
The Crystal, by RoCkEtInToXiCaTe
--A creature from the anime series s-CRY-ed.
Planar Demon Dragon, by sword_war444
--An uber powerful, CR 150 demonic dragon shapeshifter whose power varies depending on its alignment.
Far Realm Creatures, by LordHawkeye
--A free-standing search for monstrosities from beyond the planes.
Feral Anthropomorph, by ZeroTakenaka
--An unstable, feral creature that can rapidly shift its form.
Variant Lizardfolk, by Korone (3 out of 7 complete)
--A search for various types of lizardfolk, from small, spike-covered newts to acid-spitting horrors.
Orach, by setekh
--A creature trapped between life and undeath whose very existence attracts the wrath of gods.
Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, by Atirakis (War & Pestilence complete)
--Death, famine, pestilence, and war incarnate.
Pharrasqunix, by Sorcen_Anenooata
--A deadly hybrid of phoenix and tarrasque.
Golden Idol, by OamuTheMonk
--A lazy, oafish, but friendly living construct made of gold. Despite their good intentions, golden idols often engage in illegal activities such as drug sales.
Crossbreed, by bawb44
--A genetic crossbreed of a rust monster and a disenchanter.
Deathslayer, by CalebCC
--An improvement over typical spellstitched undead, this template gives them a life-draining touch.
Deathscare, by CalebCC
--A template for creating horribly scarred creatures that twist your fondest memories into living nightmares.
Death Golem, by CalebCC
--A golem formed bt trapping the essence of undead creatures that can control and create undead.
Momonja, by MrAdam
--A small humanoid covered in feathers that resembles a platypus. Its social status depends on the number of eyes it has.
Yarayamahoo, by MrAdam
--A giant slug with a human face that only attacks moving, obviously struggling prey.
Greenspawn Trickster, by Omnirahk, half-Rahkshi
--A spawn of Tiamat that uses illusions.
Short- & Long-Tailed Gars, by Celestine_AutumnStar
--The short- and long-tailed gars, from The Sword of Truth series.
Hidebehind, by MrAdam
--A carnivorous ape-like creature that can hide behind objects seemingly too thin to conceal its massive body.
Baba Yaga, by Ront Iron-Roar
--The famous (or infamous) witch Baba Yaga, as she appears in the Hellboy comics.
X-Men, by canman13
--Mutants from the X-Men series.
Trollock / Mrydrall, by multipleheads
--A trollock is a lycanthrope-like creature combining several animals, controlled by a mrydrall, a pale blue humanoid with no eyes that is highly resistant and hostile to magic.
Kre-Nahk, by Omnirahk, half-Rahkshi
--A unique creature whose origins are unknown, even to it. It resembles an ooze-like creature but wears layers of armor.
Axilidroomere, by canman13
--A scaled, beholder-like creature covered in brown slime that acts as a virulent poison and can be worked into an antitoxin.
Sun King, by Rohano
--An (outsider?) based on positive energy, it fills people with joy and can grant spells to a limited number of worshippers.
Thorn Oak, by ArchMageQuandolf
--A race of humanoid plants that resemble thorny oak trees. As they age, they grow in size and strength.
Verdant Tree, by ArchMageQuandolf
--An intelligent race of plants that can adapt to any climate, with deadly thorns and a weapon-like banyan "beard".
Go'ould(sp?), by DM_X
--A race from the Stargate SG-1 TV series.
Dreadmare Gnome, by Rohano
--A small, gnome-like creature that steels people's lifeforce as they sleep and uses it to fuel his own spell-like abilities.
Ancient Ones, by Magrus
--An ancient race of humanoids, possibly the ancestors of elves or even the mighty dragons.
Night Jester, by jackelslang21
--An incorporeal humanoid female dressed in jester's garb that can change shape and possess other creatures.
Yuibushi, by EvilSqueegee
--A tiny, fairy-like creature that, despite its benevolent nature, has an extreme attitude problem.
Primal Root, by ArchMageQuandolf
--An ancient, epic-level tree that can produce several magical effects and also houses creatures in its body that revere it as a protector.
Fox, by Darcon_Firedrake
--That lovable, orange canine.
W.i.t.c.h. Creatures, by Nemesite
--Various creatures from the TV series, W.i.t.c.h.
Spherics, by Holy_Beholder
--Round, spherical creatures with protruding claws that can absorb most forms of attacks.
Updates, by Mazaron
--A series of requested updates to Mazaron's own 2nd edition monsters.
Soarwhale Construct, by ChaosSonic127
--An update to the v3.0 soarwhale, turned into a construct with a large ship attached.
Dragons, by ryuspearhead
--Spider dragons, dark dragons, and a series of nature dragons: wood, vine, tree, bush, flower, fruit, and vegetable.
Final Fantasy 4 Fiends, by Aryxbez
--The four elemental fiends from FFIV.
Antropomorphic Flamingos, by Johnny_Angel
--Bright pink, humanoid avians.
Pikmin, by Zohnin
--Strange, color-coordinated creatures from another world (and another game).
Sandman & Chaos Elementalist, by Rohano
--The sandman is a weaker fiend with the power to influence creatures dreams, while the chaos elementalist uses an ability with random effects that blasts foes with any of a variety of elemental attacks.
Gunslinger Template, by ChaosVirus
--A template for a lich in a Wild West, Ravenloft-esque steampunk setting.
Vazhilok Cadaver, by Secrets Untold
--A shambling corpse with heightened strength that spews acidic/poisonous vomit.
Greater Felldrake, by Gerrad_Vandar
--A variety of poisonous felldrake that can spit and is covered in deadly spikes.
Sand Elemental, by ChaosVirus
--Towering creatures formed from dust elementals and the essence of Mechanus. It is rumored they can alter or control time.
Drow/Bone Devil Hybrid, by Rerecros
--A mixing of dark elves and bone devils.
Devastation Crab, by Senka
--An epic-level variety of the monstrous crab, along the lines of other devastation vermin (Epic Level Handbook).
Atomic Golem, by Asra
--A golem composed of radioactive materials.
Multiple Requests, by MetalGearWizard
--A CR 1 magical beasts that manipulates force, a CR 6 undead that uses its coffin to swallow creatures whole, and two Mario-inspired golems.
Phantasm Orbs, by Thurbane
--Tiny constructs with keen blades and a wounding property.
Ruler of Carnos, by Draconian_Cloud
--An archfiend/demon lord with druid-like spells who can summon fiendish dinosaurs.
The Mysterious Stranger, by Rohano
--An odd outsider that can create objects (including its own body) from just about any materials.
Ceki, by Holy_Beholder
--An egg-like creature covered with spines that it can fire from its body. It can also breathe fire.
Various Requests, by Ianten_Silverblade
--Avatars of various elemental deities: the stone spire maiden, forgeheart warrior, the whisperwind gatherer, and the wavecrest savant.
The Prisonkeeper, by Zonhin
--An intelligent, steel-reinforced skeleton that can control skeletal hands that drag victims beneath the earth.
The Snake That Walks, by Lich_King
--A variant of the worm that walks made of serpents.
Alternate Aspect of Atropus, by Kain_Darkwind
--A low- to medium-range epic undead to go with the Aspect of Atropus.
K'ith, by Mobutu
--An insectile, psionic race of subterranean creatures that, for reasons unknown, periodically raids the surface world.
Bun-Bun, by MrAdam
--A seemingly innocent-looking rabbit that carries oversized weapons to hack enemies into bits.
Old Ones, by TheDarkPrince
--Otherworldly creatures from the Cthulhu mythos.
Various Light Creatures, by Mazaron
--A variety of creatures, like sunflies and bioluminescent light elves, who possess various forms of light to ward off creatures that thrive on darkness (like those from the movie Pitch Black).
Mangrove Treants, by Mazaron
--Variety of treant enslaved as creatures of war by the inhabitants of the mangrove trees.
Marshmallow Horror, by MrAdam
--The marshmallow horror, a creature inadvertently created from the confectioner's arts.
Various Requests, by Spastic_Kobold (Talc, Quartzite completed)
--17 varieties of gem-based dragons native to the Elemental Planes.
Final Fantasy summons, by The-Mage-King (Bahamut completed)
--The various creatures that can be summoned in the Final Fantasy series, like Bahamut and Ifrit.
Creeper, by MrAdam
--An abnormally ugly humanoid native to urban environs with a fearful gaze.
Various Requests, by MrAdam
--The mantopaz (flesh-eating animals with the body parts of several different animals) and the blunderbore (a race of giant whose head is twice the size of its body).
Rhynos, by The-Mage-King
--A race of rhino-like humanoids with a variety of subspecies, included winged specimens.
Ghost Rider, by Mesinock
--Both the comic book and movie versions of the tortured hero Ghost Rider, as well as a celestial version.
New Loumara, by BlackDragon71425
--A free-standing search for new creatures of the loumara type.
Your Smile, by greysect
--A type of smile that can transfer its wounds to a chosen victim.
Incarnum Symbionts, by plaguewraith
--Parasitic creatures that grant their hosts incarnum abilities.
Gold Golem, by JimProfit
--A golem that, despite its name, is made from fool's gold.
Arcane Elves, by Sorcerer-Random
--One of the first elven races, which has the ability to absorb magic that is cast around it.
Nobodies and Heartless, by The-Mage-King
--Two races from the Kingdom Hearts series of video games.
Disgaea Creatures, by Sorcerer-Random
--Creatures from the game Disgaea, specifically the prinnies and the majins.
Demons and Devils, by Cavalier1645
--A number of archdevils and demon lords with varying agendas.
Mriswith, by Edge_of_Oblivion
--The mriswith and their queen from the Sword of Truth novel series.
Various Requests, by abraham
--Food-based monsters similar to those in the April Fool's print of Dragon magazine, and several Xanthian monsters such as the tangle tree.
Woeforged, by jeremiah125
--As warforged are semi-living, they can become semi-undead, creating a woeforged: a hateful construct fueled by negative energy.
Undead Plants, by abraham
--Any plants that have now turned undead (maybe because you didn't water them enough).
Yokai Creatures, by abraham
--The creatures from the anime "Yokai Attack".
Mole Men, by abraham
--Creatures from the older black-and-white Superman movies.
how about a colossal ogre?
With wings and feet made of cheese, of course, why didn't you say so!

SPECIFICS!!!! SPECIFICS SPECIFICS!!

Didn't you read the OP? ORIGINAL MONSTERS MAN!! This goes FAR beyond just a simple collosal ogre. Take that to the first Monster Request thread, where all they do is just template and advance creatures 'n beasties (and do a mighty fine job, I might add).

Dracomortis, if its all right with you, any requests you don't take, I'll chance at myself. I would simply love to help out. I've just run out of ideas from myself, so this thread, if it takes off, would help me get back on the horse, so to speak. We cool?
how about making me some sortof insectiod undead? not quite like the urgurlursta's in the fiend folio but something similar. maybe a powerfully, necromanticly enhanced dragonfly critter.

Dracomortis, if its all right with you, any requests you don't take, I'll chance at myself. I would simply love to help out. I've just run out of ideas from myself, so this thread, if it takes off, would help me get back on the horse, so to speak. We cool?

I'll also lend a hand, if you don't mind, when I have time to do so. I work two jobs now so I won't always be much help, but at one of them a security guard and spend almost all night in the guard shack, often bored stupid. so I might have more time than I thought! I'd still like to see either of your's takes on a mosterous, nercomantic dragonfly something-or-other!
Ok heres an idea. How about a dream creature that fed on despair. Now the exact specifics are up to you but I would much appreciate it if it had a high
CR (15+) but this is not strictly neccessary. I appreciate your efforts and hope that your thread takes off!
Lord_Canius

what would be a proper query?

i just need a ogre of that size (colossal)
benstundze, like I said before, that sort of mundane request should be directed to the first Monster Request Thread. A request to this thread might go along the lines of "I need a creature that's very tall, with 8 arms, a Gore attack, and Tunnel and Climb speed, preferably bipedal, but its up too you, with the Outsider type, maybe a Demon?". That would work nicely, in fact, I'm going to request that, because that's a beautiful beast right there.

L-C's Request
I need a creature that's very tall, with 8 arms, a Gore attack, and Tunnel and Climb speed, preferably bipedal, but its up too you, with the Outsider type, maybe a Demon?

Maybe Dracomortis could put a link to the first Monster Request Thread in the OP, with a clause saying something to the effect of "Any requests for advancing, templating, or tweaking pre-existing WoTC creatures should go to this thread." (this thread = the link). That would prevent confusion like my good friend benstundze's.
I WILL FOREVER USE THE 3.5 STAT BLOCK, SO BUG OFF IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT! :P

Death Manticula
IMAGE(http://xs104.xs.to/xs104/06321/DeathManticula.jpg)
Picture by Korone
Large Undead
Hit Dice: 6d12 (39)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 40ft, 20ft (Climb)
Armor Class: 18 ( -1 Size, +3 Dex, +6 Natural), Touch 12, Flatfooted 15
BAB/Grapple: +3/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d8+10)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +9 melee (1d8+10)
Space/Reach: 10ft/10ft
Special Attacks: Trample, Improved Grab
Special Qualities: Undead Traits, Darkvision 160ft, Light Aversion
Saves: Fort +2, Reflex +5, Will +6
Abilities: Str 24, Dex 16, Con -, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 8
Skills: +10 Hide, +15 Move Silently, +25* Climb, +11 Listen
Feats: Stealthy, Skill Focus: Move Silently, Ability Focus: Trample
Environment: Subterranean
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 4
Advancement: 6-11 (Large); 12-18 (Huge)
Level Adjustment: -

Two pairs of multi-faceted insectile eyes stare coldly at you as two scything claws slice at you out of the darkness..

The Death Manticula, or Corpse Reaper, is a well known inhabitant of deep caves and other dark holes in the earth. Most of the time, they are not dangerous, for as long as you carry a decent light source, they will not come near. Most of the time, anyway...

Combat

Death Manticula typically attack first, striking from the shadows, attempting to incapacitate opponents for later consumption. A person with a light source, be it a light rock or a torch, is either the primary target or completely avoided, depending on how hungry the Manticula is.

Trample (Ex): As a full-round action, a Death Manticula may move up to twice its speed and run over opponents at least one size category smaller than it. This attack deals 2d8 Bludgeoning damage to trampled creatures, and half on a successful Reflex save (DC 22).

Light Aversion: A Death Manticula's eyes are perfectly attuned for hunting in the dark, but are testy and weak in the light at best. A Death Manticula's eyes cannot cope with anything more than shadowy illumination, and take a -2 to all actions in regular light (as a torch). In daylight or bright light (such as a daylight spell), Death Manticula are partially paralyzed, and take a -4 to all actions, and all actions take a full round action to accomplish.

*This includes the +8 bonus. A Death Manticula may take a 10 on any Climb check, even if rushed or threatened.
The Crystal
This is the alter that killed Ryuhou's mother. It is not an alter user but more of a concentration of alter power. It left the Alter dimension through the "door to the other side" that was left open following the Great Uprising. However, due to the lack of a steady supply of energy it effectively "suffocated" and sought out Ryuhou because of his potential power. It is absorbed by Kyouji Mujo and is used by him to fight Ryuhou, and it is destroyed by Ryuhou's final alter form. It has a white left arm, referred to by Mujo as "White Trick," and a black right arm dubbed "Black Joker," a yellow orb on its forehead, a red orb in its left chest, and a blue orb for a buckle at its waist. It can control lightning and fire it off in the form of dark orbs that surge with electricity. This alter is independent and dangerous, and capable of great speed and power. It looks exactly like Galan Du, the villain in the manga except it has pupils and can talk human speech rather than grunt like a whale; he's Martin Zigmarl's "Alter" in the manga. He first appears in Episode 3.

How can we take that creature from s-cry-ed and make it into a D20 monster? I was thinking of a CR of 5-20, like it should grow in power the stronger your characters get, or something. You maybe first encounter it at 5th or 6th level and then it's a recurring villain throughout the campaign until level 20 when it's the final boss or something?

Maybe from a negative or positive energy plane, and you must go there in the final battle with it to kill it for good or maybe it should be a construct? I don't know what kind of monster it would be. It should maybe have class levels, or some way to advance periodically throughout the adventure so it gets harder so it's nigh impossible to kill at the final battle or something? I don't know how to do this, help anyone?
*snipped*

What?

Is this s-cry-ed a TV show or something? I've never heard of it, so if you want to stat out a character from whatever it is, your on your own, as far as I can see. Wish I could help you, maybe someone else on this thread knows what your talking about? I'm really sorry, but I have no clue what is is your asking for.
The Crystal
It has a white left arm, referred to as "White Trick," and a black right arm dubbed "Black Joker," a yellow orb on its forehead, a red orb in its left chest, and a blue orb for a buckle at its waist. It can control lightning and fire it off in the form of dark orbs that surge with electricity. It is independent and dangerous, and capable of great speed and power.

I was thinking of a CR of 5-20, like it should grow in power the stronger your characters get, or something. You maybe first encounter it at 5th or 6th level and then it's a recurring villain throughout the campaign until level 20 when it's the final boss or something?

Maybe from a negative or positive energy plane, and you must go there in the final battle with it to kill it for good or maybe it should be a construct? I don't know what kind of monster it would be. It should maybe have class levels, or some way to advance periodically throughout the adventure so it gets harder so it's nigh impossible to kill at the final battle or something? I don't know how to do this, help anyone?

Does that make it easier for you? Now it's just a monster concept instead of something from a TV show. Maybe you can help me now?
Not me. Not really enough of a concept. Its just a description of what it looks like and its preffered actions in combat, and call me whatever you like, but thats just not enough to work off of for me. The premis is just too.. skeletal, if that term could apply. I'm just better with more standard DnD themed things, sorry.
I'll chip in, if I may. I need some practice, so this will be great. And should monsters be posted in the old or new format?

*I don't really understand the new format, so if someone can post a link to an article where the explain where the notes for feats go, it would be a god-send, until then, new format monsters are a shakey thing for me*
Bluehero, by "feeds off of despair" do you mean makes people happier by sucking away their sadness, or amplifies it and feeds on some of the exess?

This post is also reserved for Bluehero's requested creature: the twisted Crying Visage.
Throughout the past couple of months, I've had countless ideas for monsters and such that I just never got around to doing for various reasons. The result: some 300+ monsters in a Notepad file that look like the table of contents for a new Monster Manual.

While looking at my sizeable little file, I realized that I am probably not alone in this situation - surely other players and DMs alike have ideas for monsters, right? But when they don't have time to make them, the monsters begin to fade, and eventually what was a great idea is forgotten.

The solution, then, is this thread. Its purpose is simple: those who would like an entirely new and original monster may request it here, so that I or another like myself may stat it up for you. Note that, unlike its cousin, this thread is not for requesting monsters with templates added to them or those with class levels, but for entirely new monsters altogether.

I will, time permitting, complete as many requests as possible. Along the way, I will also be attempting to finish some of my own ideas from among the massive list that has developed. Keep in mind that all material is PEACHable, and I am always open to suggestions to improve the quality and balance of anything I create. So, without further ado, I present to you the New Monster Request Thread. Please, don't be shy; post your requests.

Since you have never heard of the monster I want to make, it's an original monster. it has a description (Generally the itallic part under the stat block), and it's combat prowess, as well as what stats should be highest (Strength and Dexterity), it also says it is intelligent (Above average INT score for creature type and CR). So, does this help any? That I went into more details? 'cause I can make it more specific if that's what you want? I just need some ideas for how I can make a main villain that isn't quite an NPC, but more like if you had....a..oh I don't know, for pete's sake a Pixie enemy, and the Pixie got stronger and stronger until it was like a dragon-lich-vampire-werewolf-pixie-half-fiend!!!! OMFG NUUUUU! You know? Just something that progressively gets stronger throughout the story.

The monster is about a man's height with black flaming hair and sort of a white thing around it's black face. It's very fast, and very strong, and it can control electricity at will, and shoot out electrical balls from it's hands at opponents far away. It is a being of pure energy, and it's not from the material plane. It's humanoid looking, like a pure black human with black fire hair, and the afor-mentioned white arm, black arm, etc...kind of like a zebra human. It's intelligent, and sentient and it can speak human, and it is very, very powerful. Does this help any?
How about a dream creature that fed on despair....

This post is also reserved for Bluehero's requested creature: the twisted Crying Visage.

I also add an idea for this request and I think I'm gonna develop it. Do you mind if I post it here too ? It would be fun to compare two different creatures made from the same description. I'm sure they could be really different...

If you don't want to, I won't post it. You did called it first.

So unless you say something before then, my version of Bluehero's requested creature, the Malespero, will be posted saturday morning.
Look, RoCkEtInToXiCaTe, there's no need to get distressed. I have my opinions, and I have a right to them, just as you have a right to yours. My opinion is that the information you gave is too sparse, key word OPINION. Someone else might be able to help you with it, but I can't, and I apologize. Now please, unless you have more requests, just be patient. One request does not really warrant three posts, it just makes me waste more space answering you. Besides, with all YOU know about this creature, why dont YOU make it and post it on the forums, and then get advice on how to fix whatever could be unbalanced? That seems like a good solution.
Look, RoCkEtInToXiCaTe, there's no need to get distressed. I have my opinions, and I have a right to them, just as you have a right to yours. My opinion is that the information you gave is too sparse, key word OPINION. Someone else might be able to help you with it, but I can't, and I apologize. Now please, unless you have more requests, just be patient. One request does not really warrant three posts, it just makes me waste more space answering you. Besides, with all YOU know about this creature, why dont YOU make it and post it on the forums, and then get advice on how to fix whatever could be unbalanced? That seems like a good solution.

You see how much crap I'm getting for my Mewtwo monster. I suck @ monster making. =(
No, you don't but you do suck at taking both hints and criticism. Just relax man.
Just a quick notice: A. No more reserving posts, simply because the thread doesn't bump when you update, and B. The Death Manticula is up (picture coming soon, hopefully).

AND!

Just a reminder...
My request. I need a creature that's very tall, with 8 arms, a Gore attack, and Tunnel and Climb speed, preferably bipedal, but its up to you, with the Outsider type, maybe a Demon? Preferably CR 12-15.
Wow, I didn't expect this many replies so quickly. However, as promised, I will address as many issues as possible.

Of course you can. This goes for BladefellMaster, Secrets Untold, and anyone at all who feels like giving a shot at statting up someone's request.

*I don't really understand the new format, so if someone can post a link to an article where the explain where the notes for feats go, it would be a god-send, until then, new format monsters are a shakey thing for me*

Insane Pixie has a template for writing monsters up in the new formathere.

I need a creature that's very tall, with 8 arms, a Gore attack, and Tunnel and Climb speed, preferably bipedal, but its up too you, with the Outsider type, maybe a Demon?

Hmm. I'll give it a shot.

RoCkEtInToXiCaTe, I'll give your monster a shot as well, but the details are quite vague. Generally speaking, creatures from TV shows, movies, video games, and the like don't translate very well into D&D.

I'm going to update the first post to hopefully clarify what kinds of creatures are appropriate to request, and post a link to the other thread.
Edit 1.1: Added rules for summoning bile myotises.

Bile Myotis
Small Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 4d10+8 (30 hp)
Initiative: +7
Speed: 10 ft. (2 squares), fly 60 ft. (good)
Armor Class: 17 (+1 size, +3 Dex, +3 natural), touch 14, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+2
Attack: Bite +8 melee (1d6+3 plus disease)
Full Attack: Bite +8 melee (1d6+3 plus disease)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Bile, disease, festering wound
Special Qualities: Blindsense 20 ft., darkvision 60 ft.
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +3
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 17, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 10
Skills: Hide +14*, Listen +18, Spot +13
Feats: Flyby Attack, Improved Initiative, Weapon FinesseB
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, mess (3–5), or vomit (7–11)
Challenge Rating: 3
Alignment: Always neutral evil
Advancement: 5–8 HD (Small); 9–12 HD (Medium)
Level Adjustment:

You hear an odd, high-pitched thrill. Then, without warning, a sickly brown bat-like creature is upon you – and your flesh is burning.

The bile myotis is a revolting creature if ever one existed. Its body is bat-like, but there the semblance ends. It is covered in a short, bristly fur that varies from dark brown to a sickly green. The majority of its hideous face is taken up by an enormous mouth full of two rows of needle-like teeth which constantly drips a mix of saliva and digestive acid. It reeks of an acrid smell that can only be described as vomit.

A bile myotis is so named both for its stench and for its disgusting method of attack – literally regurgitating the contents of its stomach in a deadly spray. It is the living incarnation of filth, spreading disease with both its bile and its powerful bite. Worse, wounds caused by a bile myotis fester and rot, resisting even magical healing.

A bile myotis is about 2 feet long, though its wingspan is some 8 feet wide, and weighs about 15 pounds. It does not speak, though it understands Common.

Combat
A bile myotis prefers to attack from hiding, using its bile attack before swooping down and biting prey, then flying off and repeating the tactic until its opponent falls.

Bile (Ex): Once every 1d4 rounds, a bile myotis can forcefully eject its stomach acid in a 15-foot cone, dealing 2d6 points of acid damage to everything in the area. A DC 16 Reflex save halves the damage. A creature hit by the bile is also subjected to the myotis’ disease (see below). The save DC is Constitution-based and includes a +2 racial bonus.

Disease (Ex): Filth fever—bite or bile, Fortitude DC 14, incubation period 1d3 days, damage 1d3 Dex and 1d3 Con. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Festering Wound (Su): The damage a bile myotis deals with its bite causes a festering wound. An injured creature loses 1 additional hit point per round. The wound does not heal naturally and resists healing spells. The continuing hit point loss can be stopped by a DC 14 Heal check, a cure spell, or a heal spell. A character attempting to cast a cure spell or a heal spell on a creature damaged by a bile myotis’ bite must succeed on a DC 14 caster level check, or the spell has no effect on the injured creature. A successful Heal check automatically stops the continuing hit point loss as well as restoring hit points. The check DC is Constitution-based.

Skills: A bile myotis has a +10 racial bonus on Listen and Spot checks.
*A bile myotis’ molted coat gives it a +8 racial bonus on Hide checks in areas with dead or dying vegetation.

Summoning Bile Myotises
A bile myotis can be summoned with summon monster III or a higher-level summon monster spell. Treat the bile myotis as being on the 3rd-level list on the Summon Monster table (page 287 of the Player's Handbook).
Thanks Lord_Canius! That was fast and the creature is well thought out and excellently prepared. Can you give me some ideas for advancing it to a higher CR though, besides just extra HD? Looks greate though, maybe I'll make a couple of them evolved swarm shifters and add 2-4 HD, that'll make them a CR of 6-8 and thats what I need. I'm going to save these and use them again later too! I'll check in later to see if any of the requests are within my capabilities. Thanks again.
Wow! I'm happy to see so many people interested in my request! Thanks, it will mean a lot to me. Oh, and by the way, by "feeds on despair" I intended that to mean that it gains sustenence from being around/attacking somehow/invoking despair, not eating despair and making people happy. (although that would be sort of interesting)
Here's a quick PEACH for Canius' creature.

BAB/Grapple: +3/+12

Almost, but not quite. Grapple should be: (+3 BAB +7 Str +4 size) = +14

Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d8+9)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +9 melee (1d8+9

Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d8+10)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +9 melee (1d8+10)

The rest looks good.
Regrettably, I doubt I can help much with making the creatures, I can do templates decently well IMHO though so if I see a template request I'll see what I can do to create it.

Anyway on to my requests, I have a few things in my sig that need stats: blood dragon, kamasu, and Sorcen's races (which has the kamasu so dont worry about clicking on the kamasu). Thanks for any help with those.
Edit 1.1: Added rules for summoning malezu.

Malezu
Gargantuan Outsider (Chaotic, Extraplanar, Evil, Tanar’ri)
Hit Dice: 15d8+105 (172 hp)
Initiative: +8
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares), burrow 30 ft., climb 30 ft.
Armor Class: 27 (–4 size, +4 Dex, +17 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 23
Base Attack/Grapple: +15/+40
Attack: Greatsword +32 melee (6d6+19/19–20 x2) or gore +28 melee (3d8+13)
Full Attack: Primary greatsword +32/+27/+22/+17 melee (6d6+19/19–20 x2) and 3 greatswords +28 melee (6d6+13/19–20 x2) and gore +23 melee (3d8+13)
Space/Reach: 20 ft./20 ft.
Special Attacks: Spell-like abilities, summon tanar’ri
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 10/good, darkvision 60 ft., immunity to electricity and poison, resistance to acid 10, cold 10, and fire 10, spell resistance 23, telepathy 100 ft.
Saves: Fort +16, Ref +13, Will +11
Abilities: Str 37, Dex 18, Con 24, Int 15, Wis 14, Cha 17
Skills: Bluff +21, Climb +21, Concentration +33, Diplomacy +21, Hide +10, Intimidate +21, Listen +24, Move Silently +22, Search +20, Sense Motive +20, Spot +24
Feats: Cleave, Combat Reflexes, Great Cleave, Improved Initiative, Multiweapon Fighting, Power Attack
Environment: Infinite Layers of the Abyss
Organization: Solitary or pair
Challenge Rating: 12
Alignment: Always chaotic evil
Advancement: 16–30 HD (Gargantuan); 31–45 HD (Colossal)
Level Adjustment:

The malezu is a true titan in battle. They serve as elite warriors in Abyssal armies, rushing headlong into combat, hoping to crush their opponent in a barrage of attacks before it has a chance to retaliate.

Towering over other demons, a malezu’s shear size strikes fear into demon and mortal alike. With four massive greatswords wielded in its eight arms, and a pair of cruel horns atop its head, few dare to brave head-to-head combat with a malezu. Unfortunately, they rarely have a choice, as it has been known to use its powerful horns to burrow through the ground and take enemies by surprise. Its burrowing leaves behind a usable tunnel about 15 feet in diameter. It has also been known to use its powerful arms to climb seemingly impossible surfaces and attack foes from above.

A malezu stands over 40 feet tall and weighs well over 50 tons. Malezu speak Abyssal, Common, and Infernal, although they rarely bother to do so.

Combat
A malezu prefers to put itself in the middle of a group of enemies, making a full attack with all four of its greatswords and its gore attack each round. Fleeing enemies are quickly struck down by its massive reach and multiple attacks of opportunity.

A malezu’s natural weapons, as well as any weapons it wields, are treated as chaotic-aligned and evil-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Spell-Like Abilities: At will—chaos hammer (DC 17), greater teleport (self plus gear only), unholy blight (DC 17); 3/day—dispel magic, word of chaos (DC 20). Caster level 15th. The save DC are Charisma-based.

Summon Tanar’ri (Sp): Once per day a malezu can attempt to summon 4d10 dretches or a hezrou with a 35% chance of success. This is the equivalent of a 4th-level spell.

Telepathy (Su): Malezu can communicate telepathically with creatures within 100 feet that speak Abyssal, Common, or Infernal.

Skills: Malezu have a +8 racial bonus on Concentration checks and a +4 racial bonus on Listen and Spot checks.

Malezu have a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks and can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened.

Summoning Malezu
A malezu can be summoned with summon monster IX or a higher-level summon monster spell. Treat the malezu as being on the 9th-level list on the Summon Monster table (page 287 of the Player's Handbook).
Edit 1.1: Added improved grab special attack.

Giant Scarab Beetle
Large Vermin
Hit Dice: 9d8+18 (58 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), burrow 30 ft.
Armor Class: 19 (–1 size, +3 Dex, +7 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 16
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+14
Attack: Bite +9 melee (3d6+6)
Full Attack: Bite +9 melee (3d6+6)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Desiccate, improved grab
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., tremorsense 60 ft., vermin traits
Saves: Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +3
Abilities: Str 19, Dex 17, Con 15, Int —, Wis 10, Cha 9
Skills:
Feats:
Environment: Warm deserts
Organization: Solitary, pair, swarm (6–11), or mass (11–20)
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 10–18 HD (Large); 19–27 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment:

A giant scarab beetle is a rightfully feared predator of the waste. It can tear the flesh off a victim in a matter of seconds, and it often surprises those wandering above its lair before they can defend themselves.

Giant scarab beetles are highly aggressive and attack even when not hungry or provoked.

Combat
Giant scarab beetles usually wait beneath the sand until prey passes overhead, then bursts from hiding and grabs the closest opponent with its powerful jaws.

Desiccate (Ex): A giant scarab beetle can reduce a victim to nothing in mere seconds. Any living creature struck by a giant scarab beetle’s bite attack must make a DC 16 Fortitude save or take 1d6 points of Constitution damage. A creature reduced to 0 Constitution by the scarab beetle is consumed completely. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a giant scarab beetle must hit with its bite attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and automatically deals bite damage each round it maintains the grapple. A grappled foe is also subjected to the giant scarab beetle’s desiccate attack each round.
Wow, quite a few things to answer to!

And voila, your demon is finished Lord_Canius.

Wonderful! I love it, it looks like something I would make! And with templates abounding, its easy to adapt it. That is going in my "Demons who'd be better off dead" folder, and maybe, with your permision, on my thread of the same name?

Thanks Lord_Canius! That was fast and the creature is well thought out and excellently prepared. Can you give me some ideas for advancing it to a higher CR though, besides just extra HD?

Well, I was going to make a something or other, but I forgot my idea, so... crud! Heh heh, I guess your on your own for advancing it. If you take my advice, who cares about the templates thing that says "any living, corporeal creature.", or whatever it says, and just add the template (although you couldn't add Half-Dragon to an undead because you'd have to bump the Undead HD to d20's ) Oh well! Glad you like the creature, I hope I can help again soon!

Here's a quick PEACH for Canius' creature.
*snipped*
The rest looks good.

Wow, I must be getting better if you only had 2 relativly minor things to correct this time! Thanks for the PEACH though!
Wonderful! I love it, it looks like something I would make! And with templates abounding, its easy to adapt it. That is going in my "Demons who'd be better off dead" folder, and maybe, with your permision, on my thread of the same name?

Glad you like it. Of course you can post it there; they may be my stats, but it's still your idea.
Here's my silly little version of the 8-armed freak for Canius.

Goat Devil (Galtez’reu)
Large Outsider (Evil, Extraplanar, Lawful)
Hit Dice: 11d8+22 (71 hp)
Initiative: +11
Speed: 60 ft. (10 squares), burrow 10 ft., climb 30 ft.
Armor Class: 23 (-1 size, +6 Dex, +8 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 17
Base Attack/Grapple: +11/+18
Attack: Gore +17 melee (2d6+4)
Full Attack: Gore +17 melee (2d6+4) and 8 claws +12 melee (1d6+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Rend 2d6+6
Special Qualities: Damage Reduction 10/Good, darkvision 60 ft., immunity to fire and poison, resistance to acid 10 and cold 10
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +13, Will +11
Abilities: Str 19, Dex 23, Con 15, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 6
Skills: Balance +20, Climb +18, Jump +30, Listen +20, Search +14, Spot +20, Swim +18
Feats: Alertness, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack
Environment: Any lawful evil aligned plane
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 8?
Alignment: Always lawful evil
Advancement: 12-22 HD (Large)
Level Adjustment: —

Standing before you is a great gaunt beast. Set atop the lank, yet muscled chest is the head of great goat. Its chest tapers down towards two powerful, hoofed feet. Its most notable feature however, are the eight long arms at its sides. The forearms are heavily furred, and the fingers end in long wicked claws.

Galtez’reus are a breed of devil that somewhat resembles a minotaur, although instead of a bull’s head they have a goat’s. They are quick and agile, and astonishing jumpers.

A typical specimen stands about 9-10 ft. tall, and weighs about 400-450 pounds.

Galtez’reus speak Common and Infernal.

Combat:

Galtez’reus use their speed and mobility to their advantage. They only pause their erratic motions long enough to use their Rend ability on a troublesome spellcaster, or healer.

A Galtez’reu’s natural weapons, as well as any weapons it wields, are treated as evil-aligned and lawful-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Rend(Ex): If a Galtez’reu hits with two claw attacks in the same round, it latches onto the opponent’s body and tears the flesh. This attack automatically deals an additional 2d6+6 points of damage. For every additional successful claw attack during that round, the damage for the Galtez’reus Rend attack increases by 1d6.

Skills: A Galtez’reu has a +12 racial bonus to Jump checks and a +2 racial bonus to Spot and Listen checks. A Galtez’reu has a +8 racial bonus to climb checks and can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened.
Its a beaut, pileobone! I'm saving that one alongside the one Dracomortis did for me, I love 'em both! I'm going to throw pilobones at my players, tossing in the half-dragon template (probably red, but maybe blue), and I'll give it enough HD to take two more feats, Power Attack and Leap Attack, specificaly because my worst (or best, depending on how you look at him) player is a Human 2nd Fighter/13th Monk, with the same exact feats. I want to show him how much better I can make that build. :evillaugh
Its a beaut, pileobone! I'm saving that one alongside the one Dracomortis did for me, I love 'em both! I'm going to throw pilobones at my players, tossing in the half-dragon template (probably red, but maybe blue), and I'll give it enough HD to take two more feats, Power Attack and Leap Attack, specificaly because my worst (or best, depending on how you look at him) player is a Human 2nd Fighter/13th Monk, with the same exact feats. I want to show him how much better I can make that build. :evillaugh

:evillaugh Lemme know how that goes. :D
Oh, and 8 CR looks about right, pileobone.
Edit 1.1: Added rules for summoning jack-o'-lanterns.

Gourdling, Jack-o’-Lantern
Medium Plant
Hit Dice: 7d8+21 (52 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 16 (+2 Dex, +4 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+7
Attack: Vine +6 melee (1d4+2) or slam +6 melee (1d6+2)
Full Attack: 2 vines +6 melee (1d4+2) or slam +6 melee (1d6+2)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft. (10 ft. with vines)
Special Attacks: Disturbing appearance, trip
Special Qualities: Illumination, low-light vision, plant traits
Saves: Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +3
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 3, Wis 13, Cha 15
Skills: Hide +7*, Listen +4, Spot +3
Feats: Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Improved Trip
Environment: Temperate plains
Organization: Solitary, pair, vine (2–5), or harvest (4–10)
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral evil
Advancement: 8–14 HD (Medium)
Level Adjustment:

A large pumpkin with a demonic face carved into lies on the ground. As you stand transfixed by it, the pumpkin rises on a mass of vines.

A jack-o’-lantern appears to be a large pumpkin head, with one noticeable difference: its “head” has been hollowed out and carved with a terrifying face. No two jack-o’-lanterns have exactly the same face; some resemble dragons, while others are carved to look like demons. They are all horrible to behold, having been enchanted to appear unsettlingly lifelike.

Their creators typically don jack-o’-lanterns with clothing meant to make it appear more intimidating, such as pointed hats, black capes and robes, or even the remains of previous victims.

Jack-o’-lanterns stand 6 feet tall and weigh around 100 pounds. They do not speak.

Combat
A jack-o’-lantern usually attacks at night, when it can frighten foes more effectively. It attempts to trip as many foes as possible before closing into melee.

Disturbing Appearance (Ex): A jack-o’-lantern’s face is disturbing to behold. Anyone within 30 feet of a jack-o’-lantern must succeed on a DC 15 Will save or take a –2 penalty on all attack rolls and skill checks made against the creature for as long as they remain in the affected area. Creatures that successfully save against this effect cannot be affected by the same jack-o’-lantern’s disturbing appearance for 24 hours. The save DC is Charisma-based.
*At night, the disturbing appearance has a save DC of 17, thanks to the jack-o’-lantern’s illumination ability (see below).

Illumination (Ex): A candle is typically placed inside of a jack-o'-lantern's head, providing shadowy illumination out to 5 feet. A jack-o’-lantern can end or resume this effect as a free action.

Trip (Ex): A jack-o’-lantern that hits with a vine attack can attempt to trip the opponent (+6 check modifier) as a free action without making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the jack-o’-lantern.

Skills: *A jack-o’-lantern’s appearance gives it a +10 racial bonus on Hide checks made in pumpkin patches.

Summoning Jack-o'-Lanterns
A jack-o'-lantern can be summoned with summon nature's ally V or a higher-level summon nature's ally spell. Treat the jack-o'-lantern as being on the 5th-level list on the Summon Nature's Ally table (page 288 of the Player's Handbook).
He should have the Baatezu subtype, no?

The Baatezu subtype isn't in the SRD, so I didn't add it. Maybe they dropped it for 3.5?
Hmm, it should be there. With the exception of the imp and the kyton, all of the devils in the Monster Manual have it. It is also in the index. Either way, it shouldn't affect the creature at all, as there are no spells (that I know of) that affect Baatezu differently.
I think there may have something to do with the summon demon spell, and batazu or whatever have some special traits. I don't remember too well. For some reason the SRD has the raptor monster (forgot the name that is scientific, not the megaraptor by dynocholasuarus or something) as a Medium sized creature, and my MMv3.5 says it is large, so the SRD seems to be wrong sometimes.
Request:
http://xs.to/xs.php?f=swamp_creature.jpg&h=xs104&d=06316
Gargantuan plant; very slow speed, if any; bites and tentacles attacks; all around vision, some kind of spit attack (no breath); around CR 13-14 and.. well, let your heart speak ! :D

I'm currently working on a picture of the Death Manticula, unless anybody minds it.

Edit: "Old" format then.
New idea for request thread:

Specify new or old monster format. Makes it easier on people like me, who are beginning to use the new format, if you specify that you want the old format.
A creature I made earlier today, just finished up the block a few minutes ago.

Defkin
IMAGE(http://xs104.xs.to/xs104/06321/Defkin.jpg)
Picture by Korone
Small Monstrous Humanoid (Reptilian)
Hit Dice: 3d8 (13)
Initiative: +10
Speed: 50ft
AC: 21 (+1 Size, +4 Natural, + 6 Dex), Touch 15, Flatfooted 15
BAB/Grapple: +3/-3
Attack: Bite +5 melee (2d6+3)
Full Attack: Bite +5 melee (2d6+3)
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: SHINEY!!!, Lockjaw, GREEEE!!!, Darkvision 60ft
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +2
Abilities: 14 Str, 22 Dex, 10 Con, 6 Int, 12 Wis, 8 Cha
Skills: Hide +13, Move Silently +10*
Feats: Improved Initiative, Run
Environment: Any
Organization: Single, Hunt (2-4 + 1 1st lvl Barbarian), Pack (5-8 + 2-4 1st lvl Barbarians + 1 3rd lvl Barbarian)
Challenge Rating: 2
Advancement: By Character Class
Level Adjustment: +3

A strange looking creature, standing about as high as your waist stares up at you. It grins, its large disproportionate mouth filled to the brim with pointed, jagged teeth.

Defkin are small, barbaric and most certainly stupid cousins of lizardfolk. They are tribal in nature, but most share a certain "pack mentality". They like to live in areas with abundant insect populations, as insects are a main part of their diet, but due to some twist of evolution, the stomach fluids of a Defkin are acidic enough to dissolve most anything, making them efficient omnivores. Their metabolism is very high, and they spend at least 12 hours a day just hunting for things to eat. Defkin are usualy around 3 feet tall, and weigh around 35 lbs. Defkin speak Common, Draconic and Goblinoid, in addition to their own barbaric language, which consists mostly squeeks and cackles.

Combat

Defkin are barbaric and feral, but typically do not start fights unless they deem it a matter of life or death (or if the opponent has something the Defkin wants.) Defkin usually take advantage of their great speed during combat, using wild guerrilla tactics. If forced in a corner, they will use their Lockjaw on opponents in a ferocious and feral manner, not caring for their own safety in order to deal the most damage possible to its opponents.

SHINEY!!! (Ex): Defkin are unusually attracted to metallic objects, and covet trinkets much the way a raven does. Combat with a Defkin can usually be avoided by tossing it a coin, preferably silver, but they like copper only slightly less. Common policy for adventurers venturing among Defkin is to hide all metallic objects away as best one can to avoid a potential violent situation. If a Defkin can see any openly visibly objects of shiny nature on a person, it will politely ask for one as best it can. If its advances are refused, the Defkin must make a DC 5 Will save to avoid attempting to take the object by force. If the Defkin makes initial save, it must make another Will save immediately to resist asking again (DC 10). Every time a Defkin is forced to make a save by a particular person, the DC's to save increase by 2.

Lockjaw (Ex): A Defkin can lock its jaw in place, and evolutionary device that even the most learned scholars don't understand. After a successful bite attack, a Defkin can choose to lock its jaw as a free action. If it does, the Defkin is considered to be grappling, and gains all affects thereof, including losing its Dex bonus to AC. While a Defkins jaw is locked on a creature, it does an additional 1d4-2 (minimum 1) Con damage due to bleeding whenever it does damage. If a Defkin is killed while its jaws are locked on a creature, the jaws remain locked and deal 1d4 Con damage per round, although the jaws no longer deal automatic bite damage.

GREEEE!!! (Su): Due to their feral nature, Defkin can tap their primal instincts to give themselves phenomenal agility and survivability. When activated, this power gives a Defkin a 30 ft bonus to its base speed, and a +4 to its Dexterity and Constitution. These bonuses last for a number of rounds equal to the Defkins new Constitution bonus + HD. Once the effect ends, the Defkin is fatigued, and takes a -6 to Dex and a -40 ft from its Base Speed for 2d10 minutes. A Defkin can use this ability 3/day.

*This includes the Defkins +4 Racial bonus to Move Silently. In the sample creature given, there are no ranks actualy spent in Move Silently.
Sign In to post comments